OC working awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380917723953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380917723953.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 82

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
So the new update came out n was wondering if u wouldn't mind posting on here what the updates have... Unless it's on tha first post I'm a check lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using xda premium

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
Used TWRP to install your kernel on pac man so far it's a ten fold improvement! Thanx for the sweet kernel and an awesome ROM!

Last edited:

srpanadero

Nov 24, 2010
can u share a link for this kernel? thanks
Links are in the op. No one has posted a flash able zip that I know of. We are either compiling it from source on github or extracting it from the ROM.

Edit: if you want the kernel, just install the ROM. Its a good one.:thumbup:

Last edited:

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
can u share a link for this kernel? thanks

Step one already have this ROM running on your phone. Step two reboot to recovery (TWRP only). Step Three do a back up. Step four install other android 4.3 r o m. Step 5: install gapps. Step 6: do a factory reset and erase all caches. Step 7 restore only the boot and recovery of the backup you did. And wala you have the diablo kernel on another ROM. PS it breaks wifi. On pacman.

Also if you have kernel kitchen installed on your cygwin or Linux box, it can build a flashible version, but it's Dude's kernel so I wouldn't go distributing it as something you built. People don't take kindly to that around these parts (XDA has banned members for less.

Last edited:
Reactions: srpanadero

srpanadero

Nov 24, 2010
Yeah WiFi has to come with the kernel. If anyone wants to know, the file you need to copy over is dhd. ko from lib/modules.

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
I merged 4.3.1 in last night after I compiled. So compiling again. If your using Kernel from this ROM on another ROM. Remove mpdecision and thermald from system/bin or you will have issues.

Apr 27, 2012
The One That Dont Sleep
trouble

Ok so i was running beanstalk, wiped and flashed this rom. Now aosp keyboard doesnt work, flashed back to beanstalk and now that keyboard dont work now as well, had to flash back to ics to get keyboad to work any solutions

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
new build is up with more Linaro love.

Huge images always nice to hide for people lol
Screenshot_2013-10-20-09-36-42.png
2013-10-19
Screenshot_2013-10-20-10-02-17.png
Not really tweaked Halo and PIE both on data sync etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: bot42
Jan 11, 2013
LA
Hmm... installed incorrectly?

I'm not sure if I installed right but my whole phone freezes, touch screen doesn't work as well.. it was working while i was on the charger and when I restarted the phone, it happened again. Am I doing something wrong?

installed twrp
wipe data
wipe cache
factory reset
installed rom
installed gapps

did i miss something?

srpanadero

Nov 24, 2010
What twrp are you using? There have been problems. Version 2.5.0.0 or 2.6.0.1 were OK for me. 2.6.3.x I believe, not sure of that number, caused problems for many.

Edit: Just read a dev post elsewhere to stay with 2.5.0.0 and do not use twrp of 2.6.x or higher due to the bugginess.

Last edited:

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
What twrp are you using? There have been problems. Version 2.5.0.0 or 2.6.0.1 were OK for me. 2.6.3.x I believe, not sure of that number, caused problems for many.

Edit: Just read a dev post elsewhere to stay with 2.5.0.0 and do not use twrp of 2.6.x or higher due to the bugginess.

Alright, I'll try that.

The ROM have been extremely buggy for me with the most recent TWRP.

This rom dev has always said 2.6.0.1+, 2.5.X is not compatible with 4.3. I personally use 2.6.3.0
New build later tonight or tomorrow, lots of updates to rom and kernel.

Last edited:

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
Where can I get the newest twrp u are using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    y8xEnMHC9sOtDcuSL3RUudg4MUpGFoMLBE6rG5bWCns=w186-h311-p-no
    qBxVxu5CpTRtdsdB13M2LJmsckPl6Wjq2BPjCmgwKoM=w188-h311-p-no
    CEVHTXfQs-2vdK68rlYg3vmsc0jVKIkvELwl78YiY2U=w188-h311-p-no

mEBsPYIKMv3_lDXdATveHwHd4rqYEX8HS9UQDt6gNTY=w186-h311-p-no
    Sh6D9liy_ypvQSfG8SLqzT2_PKFilw6coaNL6-mOxxM=w188-h311-p-no
    9w_n1LcYC90mYQFxTuGtc9-qkHsIIgCX7kGyiAOuUuU=w186-h311-p-no

An Android Jellybean 4.3 ROM, based on the sources of CyanogenMod10.2.

These are compiled from Source with Linaro 4.8.2 Toolchain and Cl3Kener's Diablo Kernel made for this ROM.

Donations go to DerTeufel1980 as Hellybean is his baby.

"Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Collectively, and at the same time."

Differences to cm10.2:

- added the possibility to search for contacts by nick or company name (with dialpad T9, has to be activated at dialpad settings), cherry-picked from AOKP | possibility to activate and customize navigation bar (color of background, glow effect, transparency) | possibility to activate and customize naviring (buttons, targets, style, color, glow, transparency) | transparent lockscreen (taken from paranoid android, coded by jesus david) | possibility to customize Quick Tiles (color of background, transparency) | possibility to customize statusbar (color of background, transparency) | customizable long-press-back-kill timeout (from 500ms to 3000ms) | kill-all button at recents panel (ported from aokp) | ability to enable tablet_ui (ported from aokp) | edge swipe navigation (ported from sgt7) | Status bar clock position and color options | task manger button at recents panel | Added Halo (from ParanoidAndroid) | Active display from ChameleonOS | App sidebar from Chameleon OS | hardware keys rebinding options | added TheRealDarkSlim (TRDS) | possibility to enable Battery bar | Pie Dual layer color (from Slim) | GooManager and updater | facebook sync integrated | Optimus 4 Lockscreen | Widgets viewpager | Lockscreen styles | build.prop mods | Fastboot switch | Privacy Guard | Camera QT | Floating QT | QT Ribbon | Voice+ | Modded Trebuchet | cLock | Diablo Kernel @Cl3Kener | much more I am forgetting | more to come....

4.3 BUGS
    - You tell me?

Bug Reporting
    Without a logcat of the error it is pointless, and I have no way to help.

4.3 Installation Instructions
    1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into a 4.3 compatible recovery CWM 6037+ or TWRP2.6.0.3+
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
    4. You need a full wipe.
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.3 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.
    9. Reboot, setup and enjoy Hellybean!

YOU MUST USE A JELLYBEAN RADIO!

4.3 DOWNLOADS
    Hellybean-20131101-quincytmo.zip

4.3 Gapps
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Old ROM's
    Goo.im

Please No Mirrors
    NOTE: GAPPS are not included, YOU NEED TO FLASH THEM SEPARATELY!

DIABLO KERNEL 2.7 Compiled in ROM

PLEASE USE TRICKSTER MOD TO CHANGE KERNEL SETTINGS.

(Other Kernel tuning apps may cause RRs and they do not allow you to use all of the features)

Diablo Kernel Features:
    - Kernel version 3.0.101 - Compiled with LINARO 4.7.4
    - I/O schedulers CFQ, BFQ, ROW, NOOP, DEADLINE, SIO, VR, and ZEN
    - Governors Intellidemand, InteractiveX, Ondemandx, Lazy, Wheatley, Smartass, Badass, Lionheart, HYPER, Samsung and normal Stock options too.
    - CPU OC - 1836 MHz
    - GPU OC to 320 MHz for 3D & 266 MHz 2D
    - MSM_Mpdecision (non-stock) - Showp1984
    - Thermal - Showp1984 - Keeps your phone from overheating while Overclocked.
    - Fsync Toggle - "Turn it off for better performance but be aware that you may encounter data loss if your phone crashes"
    - USB Fast Charge
    - Sweep2Wake
    - Voltage Control
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - Smaller sized kernel due to XZ compression
    - IO Boosters
    - Frontswap Support
    - Fixed Annoying Bluetooth Wakelock
    - CD Rom Emulation - (Use DriveDroid or something similar)

Kernel Source

Changelogs
    From www.hellybean.com

Release - 13.11.01
    + merge CM
    + Diablo 2.7

Release - 13.10.20
    + Linaro 4.7.4 Kernel 3.0.100
    + Linaro repo's for 4.3.1
    + cm merged

Release - 13.10.14
    + cm merge
    + Android 4.3.1

Release - 13.10.11
    + cm merge
    - Active Display

Release - 13.10.04
    + cm merge
    + merged Halo app with PA
    + Diablo 2.5 Kernel

Release - 13.10.03
    + cm merge
    + CM Kernel
    - Focal get from Playstore

Release - 13.09.24
    - Initial Release

Special Thanks to:
    DerTeufel1980
    CyanogenMod Team
    Team Chopsticks
    cyanogen
    mikeyman77
    topprospect
    Mr. X
    roger_n
    car vs driver
    darchstar
    dferg
    Cl3Kener
    scott.hart.bti
    CyanKang
    Finnq
    Schubi
    kennkanniff
    Google
    Samsung
    your mama
    XDA
    Myself
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot.

Exclusive Original kernel qualifies as Original Development so thread moved.
    Nice work!
    1003 update does not have diablo kernel so it won't Overclock.

Correct, there is a change log in OP.

the 10-04-13 build I am compiling will be uploading shortly and its back to Diablo 2.5 kernel
    The build that is compiling now is kind of the first Official one since DerTeufel made us a group on github. So I am no longer building off my forks of his repo's. Kernel is up to 3.0.99 as well as cm merged.
    Best 4.3 rom out there for our note thank u soooo much bro I use this as daily driver n glad to see updates coming in others give up on roms but u don't and that's highly appreciated... Can I skip update 1003 n flash 1004?

Sure you can, 10/3 was a stock Kernel build.