[ROM][VIEW][HC] CypherROM-FINAL-1.1[WiFi][3G/4G] - 4/23/12

Search This thread

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
Lol, well no one's stopping you. There's got to be a better ROM out now for this. Thanks to all who supported my first dev efforts. Hoping to continue to do more.

I think this is the best ROM for the View currently. The only "good" JB ROM is YNC's, but that's lacking front camera, and horizontal pen. Since it's based off of Stock HC, full bluetooth support, working cameras and pen. It's really fast, and battery is pretty good. The only thing I have a problem with this ROM is that there is no bluetooth controllers working. :p

Thank you for this ROM. (Do you think continuing another ROM for the View, such as JB?)

Last edited:

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
I think this is the best ROM for the View currently. The only "good" JB ROM is YNC's, but that's lacking front camera, and horizontal pen. Since it's based off of Stock HC, full bluetooth support, working cameras and pen. It's really fast, and battery is pretty good. The only thing I have a problem with this ROM is that there is no bluetooth controllers working. :p

Thank you for this ROM. (Do you think continuing another ROM for the View, such as JB?)

Yeah HTC uses a proprietary BT stack which doesn't support BT controllers unfortunately. No, I don't plan on doing any updates on the View as it is now 2+ years old and I have moved on to the GN2 and Nexus 7. I'm glad that this still works as a DD for those of you still using it. Makes me happy :)

Col. Sanders

Sep 13, 2008
By da beach mon.
Yeah HTC uses a proprietary BT stack which doesn't support BT controllers unfortunately. No, I don't plan on doing any updates on the View as it is now 2+ years old and I have moved on to the GN2 and Nexus 7. I'm glad that this still works as a DD for those of you still using it. Makes me happy :)

Bummerama but this Rom still kicks a**, yes there are a few on here that are newer but they reduce the functionality of the tablet. I do not use my Evo a whole lot and I cannot see buying a N7 just yet. But when I do go to use it, it's nice to have everything work. No disrespect to the other Dev's that have put in some major work.

davidkrocks

Jan 23, 2011

Im downloading it as we speak, Thank you for your hard work. It will live on as being one of the best roms for this platform!:D

BJohnM

Apr 4, 2007
Tampa, FL
Stock Kernal

I know this thread is pretty dead, but I'll ask anyway. I've been remiss in rooting and flashing on my View, but I'm ready. In reading through the thread, it appears the stock kernal is more stable than the kernal included in the ROM, however, I can't find a download for the stock kernal. Any chance someone can help out?

Thanks all.

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
I know this thread is pretty dead, but I'll ask anyway. I've been remiss in rooting and flashing on my View, but I'm ready. In reading through the thread, it appears the stock kernal is more stable than the kernal included in the ROM, however, I can't find a download for the stock kernal. Any chance someone can help out?

Thanks all.

Try this out, I think it contains stock kernel. Keep in mind that this is not a flashable zip. Extract it somewhere, then run the .bat file.

http://goo.im/devs/kevinrocksman/Developerfiles/SPARTAN1987/TWEAKS/Light_mod_flasher_V2.rar

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *NO LONGER BEING UPDATED!!!!*

I will begin working on a ROM for the T-mobile Galaxy Note II if any of you want to follow me.

This is our first ROM!

CypherROM has been optimized and themed to give you an experience on your view that you've never had before ;)

If you like my work, please hit the "Donate to me" Button above my avatar!

Huge thanks to jay4255 for teaching me how to use the kitchen and customize, to Dsixda for his awesome ROM kitchen, to Globatron for S-off, to Unixdood for help with testing building our kernel and teaming up with me on this project, scabes24 and Joshua for graphics and theme support, to Contradude and ACS for the amazing ROMs they've had for the view that inspired me to build CypherROM, to Kevinrocksman for bootanimations, the multitool, hosting my files, and a million other things, to E.T. Heil who hosts the IRC channel for us and built the Bootanimation, to HTCFlyerX for helping me learn more about xml, the Sony Bravia Engine, and to everyone here on XDA that has helped me learn all that I have on multiple devices over the last 2 years.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you brick your device.

Features:
    -Based off of OTA_Express_HC_S_Sprint_WWE_2.23.651.1-1.22.651.2_release_2310617n25jzbh791c6frl.zip
    -Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned on boot
    -Bash shell & nano installed
    -Sysro/sysrw scripts
    -init.d support
    -Custom Bootanimation
    -HTC black Downanimation
    -Both 3G/4G and WiFi Only Versions
    -Custom Wallpaper on boot
    -Fully functioning HW Keys

Changelog in post #2.

Known Issues:
    -You MUST flash CypherROM 1.0 before flashing 1.1 or you will bootloop. There is a known issue with a couple files causing bootloops (I'm pretty sure it's the kernel because when I tested 1.1 without jmztaylor's kernel I had ZERO issues.)
    -If you are going to flash the theme on the WiFi only version, you must first flash the ROM, then reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash the theme or you will bootloop.

Problems?
    Email us at cypher.dynamics@gmail.com
    OR
    PM me
    OR click HERE for help
    Whoever flashes this, please hit the thanks and/or donate buttons, and please post your results in the thread so as to allow us to all benefit from the info. Thanks!

MODS:
    see THIS for Advanced Power Menu and Extended Quick Settings MODs confirmed working on CypherROM!
    Once you DL the file, simply place it on the root of your SD card and flash it from recovery, and enjoy. Be sure to thank J4n87 for his hard work on this!
    WARNING :eek: : If you live in a WiMAX area and use 4G this mod will cause some issues i.e. 4G remains toggled after you enable it and can't be disabled (I had this issue, doesn't mean everyone will.) YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Installation instructions:
    1. Go to recovery (After running kevin's tool or copy it manually to the sdcard)
    2. do a data/factory reset
    3. Go to mounts and storage and format /system
    4. Go to advanced and wipe dalvik-cache
    5. Wipe cache partition
    6. flash the rom
    7. flash the theme
    Changelog

4/23/2012
    -removed checkinprovider.apk
    -disabled HTC Checkin in build.prop
    -enabled HID BT profile in build.prop
    -Added new bootanimation /system/resources/customize (Credit and thanks to Kenvinrocksman and E.T.Heil!)
    -added rom manager (Thanks Koush!)
    -added bravia engine (Credit and thanks to HTCFlyerX!)
    -added JMZkernel + lighthack (Credit and Thanks to Jmztaylor!)
    -HW keys enabled on boot
    -Custom Updater-script text
    -Added DSPmanager
    -added new default_wallpaper.jpg to framework-res.apk
    -added new default wallpaper to /system/customize/resources (Thanks to Kevinrocksman!)
    -Added NotesMobile-View.zip (Credit and Thanks to Gumby63!)
    -Added VoiceSearch.apk to /data/app

3/19/2012
    -Working HW keys thanks to JMZtaylor and Kevinrocksman

3/11/2012
    -Rebuilt from ground up from the OTA
    -Custom theme by Scabes24, including transparent/9 apps app drawer, notification bar mods, black and blue accents.
    -New boot wallpaper
    -New bootanimation
    -Cleaned up files in system
    -Debugged for maximum efficiency
    Links are temporarily down until kevinrocksman and I can re-host them. Sorry