[Q] Galaxy S4 back to stock help

Search This thread

rprx134

Dec 20, 2013
Hello All,

I have a Samsung galaxy S4 GT-I9505 which was initially locked by Vodafone UK and unlocked later. I rooted my phone and I want to unroot it again and go back to stock (4.2.2). Please suggest the right firmware to download and install. If you want any details of my device feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
1. You cant go back to 4.2.2 if u had before 4.3 or 4.4.2 (Only I advise u)
2. Right firmware for ur phone depends of the zone code too. Install Kies 3 and conect ur phone to the pc. It will give the CSC (...) -> The 3 letters are what you need for know ur zone code.
3. Go to Sammobile.com, log and sig in.
4. Download and unzip the right firmware for ur phone taking a look your CSC.
5. Flash it through ODIN.
6. Don't hesitate in ask again if you need help :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: rprx134

rprx134

Dec 20, 2013
2. Right firmware for ur phone depends of the zone code too. Install Kies 3 and conect ur phone to the pc. It will give the CSC (...) -> The 3 letters are what you need for know ur zone code.

Hi, i checked my device by connecting to Kies 3. This is what i found

PDA:MKF / PHONE:MKF / CSC:MK3 (NEE)
I9505XXUEMKF

I have 4.3 now. please help me to find right firmware as i am not sure that ill pick the right one on my own.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012

I9505XXUEMKF

I have 4.3 now. please help me to find right firmware as i am not sure that ill pick the right one on my own.

Thanks.
You can't come back to android 4.2.2. The unique u can do is install android 4.4.2 (latest one):

1. Log and sig in Sammobile.com
2. Download and unzip this firmware: HERE

3. Flash it through ODIN (you have the instructions in the URL I pasted u)
4. If you wanna root it, u will void ur warranty (KNOX: 0x1)

Last edited:
Reactions: rprx134

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
I assume the firmware your on has knox, to confirm boot into download mode and see if there is a reference to KNOX.

If you have knox you can not downgrade. I know 4.3 was safe for a while before knox got implemented but can't remember the last safe knox free rom on 4.3.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
I was going to start a new thread, but this one seems to be dealing with a similar problem to my own. I recently upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and then to 4.4.2 all in one day. I don't like KitKat at all and want to go back to 4.2.2. Is there absolutely no way I can do this?

Nope if you flashed official Samsung firmware you'll have knox. You won't even be able to downgrade to 4.3.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Knox is an app but tied into the bootloader deep down. If you've got it in the boot loader then you can not downgrade. It's the bootloader. When knox was fully implemented it bought a new bootloader. Any one on the new bootloader can not downgrade to the old bootloader unfortunately.

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
Knox is an app but tied into the bootloader deep down. If you've got it in the boot loader then you can not downgrade. It's the bootloader. When knox was fully implemented it bought a new bootloader. Any one on the new bootloader can not downgrade to the old bootloader unfortunately.

If Knox brought a new bootloader, and it was released with 4.3, surely I can at least downgrade back to 4.3?

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Unfortunately you can't downgrade. As 4.2.2 was on the old bootloader. As I suggested boot into download mode, volume down and power button and see if there is a knox counter. If it says knox you have the new bootloader. If there is no reference to KNOX at all then you can safely install stock 4.2.2.

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
Unfortunately you can't downgrade. As 4.2.2 was on the old bootloader. As I suggested boot into download mode, volume down and power button and see if there is a knox counter. If it says knox you have the new bootloader. If there is no reference to KNOX at all then you can safely install stock 4.2.2.

I still don't understand how it is that I can't go back to 4.3, since it uses the same bootloader as 4.4.

I went into download mode and my phone said the following:

ODIN MODE
Product name: GT-I9500
Current binary: Samsung Official
System status: Official
Knox warranty void: 0
RP SWREV: A3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I9505XXUEMKF

Thanks.
    You can't come back to android 4.2.2. The unique u can do is install android 4.4.2 (latest one):

1. Log and sig in Sammobile.com
    2. Download and unzip this firmware: HERE

3. Flash it through ODIN (you have the instructions in the URL I pasted u)
    4. If you wanna root it, u will void ur warranty (KNOX: 0x1)