Windows mobile 6.5 (21806) stock like rom

Search This thread

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
As over the past few months ive seen alot of members asking for the 6.5 stock rom and so far there isnt one i thought id thought id build one (or at least somthing similar);) I have removed all the random crap we add to our custom roms and gone back to basics.

Programes include:

Netcf 3.5
office mobile (including onenote)
Getting started
windows marketplace
microsoft my phone
Bubblebreaker and solitaire
windows live
Device update (included in ext rom so can be removed)

Screenshots:
display_1-7.jpg
display_2-5.jpg
display_3-4.jpg
display_4-2.jpg
display_5-2.jpg

Just remember this is still a custom rom but i hope this will satisfy all those after it for now.

Only one bug ive noticed is that windows live doesnt work but i havent found a version that does (now fixed in v3 thanks to cab from + que ppc)

Ill update this thread as new builds get released or i find out what the real stock apps are (eg splash screens and comm manager) but for now it is as stock as possible!

Heres the links so enjoy :)

V1 (without netcf)
http://rapidshare.com/files/244614751/FCWs_Stock_like_6.5.rar

V2 (with netcf added)
http://rapidshare.com/files/245007207/FCWs_stock_like_rom_v2.rar

V3 (fixed windows live)
http://rapidshare.com/files/246095098/FCWs_stock_like_6.5_v3.rar

Last edited:

Scotty93

Jul 26, 2008
Cambridgeshire
oooo nice to see this done, if someone could flash this so we know what it is like to run.

Well done just need to wait for some feedback now :D

Chrisofsweden

Feb 14, 2008
Borås
I like these kinds of ROMS. Thanks for making it! I'll try it...

*EDIT/BUG REPORT1: WelcomeCenter does not work.

Last edited:

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
oooo nice to see this done, if someone could flash this so we know what it is like to run.

Well done just need to wait for some feedback now :D

well if theres any bugs ill update the post with a new version. i havent found anything other than the one with windows live but i only got to test it for 24 hours. normally i run them for a week to make sure. also the comm manager isnt the standard its the 10 button black one. i have over 600 oems and none are the standard. ill get it at some point though. must admit ive been busy with my titanium and home editions recently ive got the new verions of them being released tonight after work :) titanium is a 21234\21728 hybrid and home is the new 21806 build both being a HD like as i can get. found some nice images in the development and hacking forums to use. they realy bring the home rom to life ;)

keraunos

Aug 27, 2007
I use this rom is very good but i cant use device update it says that it is not trusted certificate.I reinstall device update but same.Memory for programs 24MB and storage 56MB

riyazhyder

Feb 9, 2007
Detials!!

Hi,
Can we have the screenshots pls???
and though it's clear it's similar to a stock rom can someone list out the installed apps (like voice command, .net version etc) for the sake of us lazy ones??:D

mrleufroy

Nov 14, 2008
Errrrr....

Well, the idea showed lots of promise, but I've installed two programs and both give certificate errors. Is there some way to bypass the certificate requirements?

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
Mine works!

if you want a Live cab pm me... the one i have works for me on every device ;)

Nice dude... maybe this will be priceless for many people here.

Last edited:

Chrisofsweden

Feb 14, 2008
Borås
The WelcomeCenter does not work from scratch. Also gives certificate error. Installing the attached SDKCerts.cab in GregorySL's post did not help. Tried a soft reset after installing them offcourse but to no avail.

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
uploading new version now. its at 38%. should be up in about 15min or so. this will solve the certificates bug

Chrisofsweden

Feb 14, 2008
Borås

Thanks! Works like a charm! :)

This is actually my first WM6.5 experience and I like it so far. Thought it would be slow as many Manila2D roms but
the scrolling and such is fairly smooth. And I like the fact that its not so cluttered with colored icons everywhere beeing "stock like" and all.

Last edited:

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Thanks! Works like a charm! :)

This is actually my first WM6.5 experience and I like it so far. Thought it would be slow as many Manila2D roms but
the scrolling and such is fairly smooth. And I like the fact that its not so cluttered with colored icons everywhere beeing "stock like" and all.

alot of people have being asking for this kind of rom its handy as a good base as its clean of all the exras but not too clean we lose somtimes handy features. glad you like it and welcome to the world of 6.5 :)

xPreSiDenT

Aug 14, 2007
Boston
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I guess its abit late now, but I flashed V1 of your rom and I must say its working great! I didnt get any certificate problems or any problems mentioned above although i did install sdkcerts after installing 2 3 things. Added netcf3.5 etc myself and advanced config and welcome center work fine. Only problem I saw was the IE address bar being abit messed up. But doesnt matter as Skyfires much better. Apart from that its blazing fast in opening stuff, and booting up, so I guess I'm going to keep it. Thanks a lot for the amazing rom, I was getting tired of losing half a second here and there and everywhere :p I hope these stock-ish roms are here to stay :D

Last edited:

keraunos

Aug 27, 2007
v2 is perfect.I didnt find any bugs.I run IGO without memory problems.Excelent job.Keep walking!!!!

Scotty93

Jul 26, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Looks like this rom is a big hit, but guys he has got other roms that he is developing so dont expect every single error to be solved right away, just be grateful hes taken some time out to do what he has.

Nice work FCW :D

edit: just took a look at ur latest rom and it looks pretty cool i might try flashing it to see what it is like :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason, when i switch on my jasjam, it stays on the splash screen and does not move, please help.:) its so :mad: and so :confused:

try to hard reset your device by way Press and hold the Left SOFT KEY and the Right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.
    if it still does not help then flashes back ROM device with the appropriate ROM !! guide for flash ROM and ROM file you can find at http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_Hermes