new kernel

Search This thread

jose41

Apr 5, 2014
Hello guys I'm on cm11 and i want to install Arghhh's kernel. Do I just flash it from philz recovery? or do I have to do something else??

ShrtyR3d

Dec 11, 2013
Hello guys I'm on cm11 and i want to install Arghhh's kernel. Do I just flash it from philz recovery? or do I have to do something else??

Yes, arrrghhh's kernels are flashable and can be applied via recovery. You might want to go into the archive though on his kernel thread and use the March 15 CM11 version though; and of course make a backup before you try.

I am trying to flash arrrghhh's new AnyKernel with 4/3 nightly pacman for moto msm8960 and am the getting dead android(set_perm: some changes failed - Status 7 error) from philz 6.22.7 recovery for moto msm8960 devices. Tried rolling back my recovery to 6.19 and 6.12 versions for mb886 to see if it worked, but no luck. I saw on the kernel thread that someone with an xt907 had it working on CM11 and someone with an xt905 was able to get it to work with pacman, but it is not working for my mb886. Anyone else able to get it to work for our device on any ROM? And with which recovery version? Tried it also with another ROM and same result, including killing wifi on reboot. Below is what is at the tail end of the recovery log after extracting everything in case it helps find the fix.

set_perm: chown of /system/bin/fix_permissions to 0 0 failed: No such file or directory
set_perm: chmod of /system/bin/fix_permissions to 755 failed: No such file or directory
script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed
set_perm: some changes failed

lwg45714

Nov 7, 2013
Yes, arrrghhh's kernels are flashable and can be applied via recovery. You might want to go into the archive though on his kernel thread and use the March 15 CM11 version though; and of course make a backup before you try.

I am trying to flash arrrghhh's new AnyKernel with 4/3 nightly pacman for moto msm8960 and am the getting dead android(set_perm: some changes failed - Status 7 error) from philz 6.22.7 recovery for moto msm8960 devices. Tried rolling back my recovery to 6.19 and 6.12 versions for mb886 to see if it worked, but no luck. I saw on the kernel thread that someone with an xt907 had it working on CM11 and someone with an xt905 was able to get it to work with pacman, but it is not working for my mb886. Anyone else able to get it to work for our device on any ROM? And with which recovery version? Tried it also with another ROM and same result, including killing wifi on reboot. Below is what is at the tail end of the recovery log after extracting everything in case it helps find the fix.

set_perm: chown of /system/bin/fix_permissions to 0 0 failed: No such file or directory
set_perm: chmod of /system/bin/fix_permissions to 755 failed: No such file or directory
script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed
set_perm: some changes failed

Im running the newest build of mokee 4.4.2 with cwm 6.0.4.4. I was able to flawlessly flash the new Anykernel and its working great no issues at all.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app