[ROM][16 Augl]PARANOIDANDROID EVITA v1.5a B3 [ICS 4.0.4][HYBRID][STABLE]

Search This thread

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
paranoidxqkmy.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news? Click here and visit our webpage!

3343s3s.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.

Features :
PAL, First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density - PAD. It basically allows you to scale apps, make them bigger or smaller. This is a must for tablet mode since it shrinks your apps considerably, making them useless. you can even scale widgets and framework components like the navigationbar.You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision.
All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell),Sense 4 Recent Apps too etc.

paranoid_instructions.png

Download ROM : ParanoidAndroid Evita v1.5a Build 3
1. Make Sure You're On The Latest CWM Or TWRP
2. Make A Backup
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset In Recovery
4. Flash PA Evita v1
5. Reboot
6. Wipe Caches
7. Flash NEW PA Evita v1.5a
8. Flash the modified Gapps : Fixed Gapps
9. Extract boot.img from ZIP and flash it in fastboot
10. Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
  • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_trouble.png

• 2G/3G Switch
  • Some Multi-Touch Issues
  • Panoramic Mode on Camera - No Go

paranoid_credits.png

PARANOIDANDROID Team (D4rKn3sSyS - Java Programmer & molesarecoming - Software Developer) | h8rift for cm9 on One X | jags_the1 - for testing and feedback | lfwake08 - testing and feedback | rohan32 for fix direction | PM if I forgot you :)

Last edited:

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
paranoid_changelog.png

Code:
[U][URL="http://goo.im/devs/mightynoodle/EVITA/PARANOIDANDROID_EVITA_v1.5a_b2.zip"]v1.5a 18/07/2012[/URL][/U]

- Completely new PA Hybrid System (Inline with new PA)

- NFC Fixed

- Backlights Fixed

- pad.prop edits galore (first boot should be better)

- Settings Resized

- Camcorder Fixed (If it was broken?!)

- Did some trimming

- new cm9 base - credits h8rift

- thanks to rohan32 for some fixes direction

- Goo.im hosted and supported so updates through app

- Honestly can't remember what else - spents so long on it. 

- Updated Bug List in OP

- Sound Edits for Slightly Louder Audio

[U]v1 16/07/2012[/U]

- Initial Release

Last edited:

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
Downloading right now! Was pretty damn cool on my gs2 can't wait to try it on this phone! Thanks Benjamin!!! I gotta click your thanks button tomorrow out of thanks for the day!

Last edited:
Reactions: benjamin.j.goodwin

jsho31

Aug 4, 2010
Plano, Texas
Thanks for this. I run it on my Note and my skyrocket. One of my favorite roms.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

nman123

Feb 26, 2012
Honestly I can't say thank you enough to you guys or the other devs here this phone doesn't even have a legot by HTC boot loader unlock no kernel source and had so many problems when it came out thanks to your time effort and commitment this phone has so much development that no one can say any other phone is better because it may have more development this phone freaking rocks thanks guys

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
Thank you so much for bringing this amazing rom to HOX :)

Tips for new users;
use Tablet mode for now . since changing the dpi would result in wrong keyboard layout. Thats one small bug i found

and capacitive buttons dont light up

Reactions: benjamin.j.goodwin

Aviras

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
This looks really interesting. I'll definitely be giving this a shot tonight after work.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

imstill@g

Jun 6, 2007
OnePlus 9
I am having issues flashing,wiped system and data along with dalvik cache to no avail...suggestions,downloaded three times,am using twrn for flash.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
I am having issues flashing,wiped system and data along with dalvik cache to no avail...suggestions,downloaded three times,am using twrn for flash.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

hmm flash both packages ?

is twrp even flashing it? it takes like 10 sec to flash. there is no flashing error from my end. so not sure whats happening here

imstill@g

Jun 6, 2007
OnePlus 9
It must have been an issue with the download, all is well now, thanks for reply

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

slojko

Oct 30, 2011
Looks pretty cool gonna try it out

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Shaddy-Z.

Dec 19, 2010
Just curious, does this have all the tweaks and jelly bean goodies that the latest version for the HTC one s have? I took a look at that ROMs post and the change logs look nice. How far caught up is this ROM in comparison to where that one is?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoidxqkmy.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news? Click here and visit our webpage!

3343s3s.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.

Features :
    PAL, First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
    This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density - PAD. It basically allows you to scale apps, make them bigger or smaller. This is a must for tablet mode since it shrinks your apps considerably, making them useless. you can even scale widgets and framework components like the navigationbar.You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision.
    All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
    Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
    More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell),Sense 4 Recent Apps too etc.

paranoid_instructions.png

Download ROM : ParanoidAndroid Evita v1.5a Build 3
    1. Make Sure You're On The Latest CWM Or TWRP
    2. Make A Backup
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset In Recovery
    4. Flash PA Evita v1
    5. Reboot
    6. Wipe Caches
    7. Flash NEW PA Evita v1.5a
    8. Flash the modified Gapps : Fixed Gapps
    9. Extract boot.img from ZIP and flash it in fastboot
    10. Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
    • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_trouble.png

• 2G/3G Switch
    • Some Multi-Touch Issues
    • Panoramic Mode on Camera - No Go

paranoid_credits.png

PARANOIDANDROID Team (D4rKn3sSyS - Java Programmer & molesarecoming - Software Developer) | h8rift for cm9 on One X | jags_the1 - for testing and feedback | lfwake08 - testing and feedback | rohan32 for fix direction | PM if I forgot you :)
    paranoid_changelog.png

Code:
    [U][URL="http://goo.im/devs/mightynoodle/EVITA/PARANOIDANDROID_EVITA_v1.5a_b2.zip"]v1.5a 18/07/2012[/URL][/U]

- Completely new PA Hybrid System (Inline with new PA)

- NFC Fixed

- Backlights Fixed

- pad.prop edits galore (first boot should be better)

- Settings Resized

- Camcorder Fixed (If it was broken?!)

- Did some trimming

- new cm9 base - credits h8rift

- thanks to rohan32 for some fixes direction

- Goo.im hosted and supported so updates through app

- Honestly can't remember what else - spents so long on it. 

- Updated Bug List in OP

- Sound Edits for Slightly Louder Audio

[U]v1 16/07/2012[/U]

- Initial Release
    Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the two testers :) and them asking for it through PM. ;)

Still needs some ironing out but have a play.

Sent from a Paranoid Nexus
    Probably miss understood this :p, I took it that you didn't need to flash the boot.img at all. Had to restore with my nandroid because I have no computer avaliable right now. I'm definitely looking forward to this though. Oh does it matter which zip you take the boot.img out from?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Preferably the second one :) as I rebased it on a new cm9

As for the cm10 guys, I will get it out soon - just I build it on my HTC One S first and then work on porting to you. I haven't had time as I am desperately trying to replace my car as I need a new one. Hope you guys won't mind the wait.
    @OP You can fix camcorder pretty easily, hop onto IRC #HTC-One-XL any time and I can show you how.
    And NFC and other stuff as well.