Cooking Guides for the Ultimate Noobs- Screencasts

Search This thread

doctajay

Jun 18, 2005
I don't want to double post, so my previous one can be deleted.

I'm a noob just like you all and as easy as the written directions are, its always nice to get a little more help. So I made these screencasts to help you out. I wanted to start fresh, since I'm kind of past the trial run period. Click on the pictures to view the screencasts are below (if there is a serious error, let me know):

Setting UP Your Kitchen (22.4 MB)

Cooking (61.5 MB)

Dumping Your ROM (51.3 MB)

Rebuilding Your ROM (22.3 MB)

doctajay

Jun 18, 2005
Remeber folks that I'm a noob too, so I may not be able to answer all of the questions you may have about specifics. The videos should help you get the general gist of the process and it should make you less scared of cooking your own ROM.

REMEMBER TO HARDSPL YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU FLASH YOUR PHONE WITH A COOKED ROM.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE.

Last edited:

elrooster

Aug 30, 2007
Thanx for the info, but how about converting an OEM package into a CAB? Would be nice too.

Last edited:

pietrucci

Remeber folks that I'm a noob too, so I may not be able to answer all of the questions you may have about specifics. The videos should help you get the general gist of the process and it should make you less scared of cooking your own ROM.

REMEMBER TO HARDSPL YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU FLASH YOUR PHONE WITH A COOKED ROM.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE.

And, important too: HARDRESETyour phone AFTER you flashed it!!!

_Alex_

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 21, 2005
San Jose, CA
Wow, thanks Doctajay for spending the time to make these great screencasts. I haven't had a chance to view all the videos yet, but I do have quite a few critiques because, as an observant mod noticed, most ROM chefs are perfectionists :D I'll keep them to myself until I have the time to either make easier to use kitchen or my own video tutorials or both...

In the meantime, I've added it to the ROM cooking section. I'd add it to the sticky too, but as mentioned in yet another thread, we're at our 10,000 character post maximum, so we're out of space, unless a mod adds another post to that thread...

Thanks again!

doctajay

Jun 18, 2005
Wow, thanks Doctajay for spending the time to make these great screencasts. I haven't had a chance to view all the videos yet, but I do have quite a few critiques because, as an observant mod noticed, most ROM chefs are perfectionists :D I'll keep them to myself until I have the time to either make easier to use kitchen or my own video tutorials or both...

In the meantime, I've added it to the ROM cooking section. I'd add it to the sticky too, but as mentioned in yet another thread, we're at our 10,000 character post maximum, so we're out of space, unless a mod adds another post to that thread...

Thanks again!
Lol, I understand man. I actually look forward to your critiques because it might point out the small mistake I'm making that is prevent me from cooking but that lets everyone else do it. (It might just be that my PC is cursed :D ). Anyway, thank you for your guidance!

kjb86

Jan 7, 2008
excellent.. excellent!!

Now I have a little more direction since i'm a n00b as pure as they come haha.

Thank you very much this is very helpful!

eagle 1

Wow Doctajay!

Thanks for taking the time to create these instructions to accompany the Alex cooking wiki. It is great that you offer this to the community, it must have taken a lot of time to create.

Pictures are worth a thousand words of thanks to you from all the future Kaiser Rom cookers!

doctajay

Jun 18, 2005
No problem guys. Alex really deserves alot of the credit. I just turned his words into video.

I wanted to tell you all that if you want to download the files I used in the tutorial, you can download them also on my website. they are the older v5.1 though, so if you want the current v5.2 that Alex uploaded, you need to get it from the wiki. Here is my site URL:

http://xdadev.doctajay.com/?page_id=5

thomassster

Jun 21, 2006
San Jose
a little addition you could have added is setting the folders to show system files so they can see the rgu files. I made that mistake before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't want to double post, so my previous one can be deleted.

I'm a noob just like you all and as easy as the written directions are, its always nice to get a little more help. So I made these screencasts to help you out. I wanted to start fresh, since I'm kind of past the trial run period. Click on the pictures to view the screencasts are below (if there is a serious error, let me know):

Setting UP Your Kitchen (22.4 MB)

Cooking (61.5 MB)

Dumping Your ROM (51.3 MB)

Rebuilding Your ROM (22.3 MB)