TELUS/Bell/Rogers Note 2 I317M users 4.3 update is here!

Search This thread

koreancanuck

Feb 11, 2010
Vancouver
I have root access - pretty easy actually. Here is what I did:

1) Install the 4.3 update from sammobile via odin - let it boot
2) reboot and install cwm via odin - you can get the latest here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47607315
3) reboot into recovery and install supersu using cwm - I believe the latest is here: http://download.chainfire.eu/204

Thats it! Now restoring my apps and data using Titanium backup.

Debating whether I should do this now or wait for the zip file with root inserted. Stupid exams taking my time away from 4.3 >=(

drhrr

Jul 22, 2012
Really looking forward in getting this update into my wife's Note II on Telus, but don't want to have to factory reset/erase... Either way I know that I could do a /data backup, but any other way I could keep the data as a backup and then just pass it back w/o having to go through Titanium? I've had a couple bad experiences with TI not flashing back the right info and just ending up loosing my back up to it...

alquistador

Jan 3, 2011
Does this up date improve data signal and wife speed/signal reception???

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Yazzy88

May 24, 2011
Really looking forward in getting this update into my wife's Note II on Telus, but don't want to have to factory reset/erase... Either way I know that I could do a /data backup, but any other way I could keep the data as a backup and then just pass it back w/o having to go through Titanium? I've had a couple bad experiences with TI not flashing back the right info and just ending up loosing my back up to it...

Just flashed through Odin. Thought everything would be wiped but when it rebooted all my apps were still there.

Came from a rooted 4.1.2 (This one to be exact - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016575)

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

After playing around for 15+ mins, everything works fine. This added a lot of Bell related bloatware (expected). Too early to say if battery life was impacted or improved, but hopefully the latter.

Have problems installing SU. Followed the steps provided by plemen. Flash CWM through Odin and that worked. However installing SU through CWM in recovery didn't seem to work. When I boot back in and launch SU, it says missing binary files.

plemen

Just flashed through Odin. Thought everything would be wiped but when it rebooted all my apps were still there.

Came from a rooted 4.1.2 (This one to be exact - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016575)

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

After playing around for 15+ mins, everything works fine. This added a lot of Bell related bloatware (expected). Too early to say if battery life was impacted or improved, but hopefully the latter.

Have problems installing SU. Followed the steps provided by plemen. Flash CWM through Odin and that worked. However installing SU through CWM in recovery didn't seem to work. When I boot back in and launch SU, it says missing binary files.

Uninstall Supersu from playstore, apply the Supersu.zip via cwm recovery, update supersu via playstore and then open in and follow prompts - that should do it.

ckavvouras

Sep 12, 2012
Montreal
I don't think im gonna install this till we get have a dev take a look at it, not in the mood to have knox and the new knox flash counter going on my phone, hopefully we will see a flashable final build up without knox on it soon

Steve.99

Feb 26, 2012
Montreal

I forgot to wipe my phone before I flashed the Rogers version with Odin. I realized my mistake whilw it was flashing so their was no stopping it. Lucky for me all went well. The phone Booted without issue. And my phone is just like like it was but ruining 4.3.

I was on Jedi 20 before the flash.

I had 0 fc. And I been running it for about 8 hours.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
Thanks for the information. Followed your steps exactly but unfortunately still the same.

Which version of super su did you use? I know the 1.75 version his latest works.

I don't understand why Supersu won't work for you... I did only this. Sounds like the supersu.zip isn't being installed properly by cwm for you...

All depends on what version of super su you try to flash.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: plemen

Yazzy88

May 24, 2011
Which version of super su did you use? I know the 1.75 version his latest works.

All depends on what version of super su you try to flash.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Right now installed on my phone is version 1.8
The version that I am flashing is from the link that plemen provided. The zip says CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip.

Not sure why it is not working for me. From plemen's post, it looked he did a wipe and then installed everything from scratch. Mine was a dirty flash, perhaps that could be the problem. Besides root, everything is working fine.

drhrr

Jul 22, 2012
Thanks for the feedback on the result for not wiping, I will still make sure to do a NANDROID to make sure I don't "bonk" things up. Anyone able to confirm/deny any changes to modem/network stability?

jbplumbing.ca

Jun 11, 2010
Cambridge
I had the Same problem as you. I used CF-Auto-Root and installed SuperSU from the play store Root! Then just install TWRP from goo manager.

Last edited:

plemen

Right now installed on my phone is version 1.8
The version that I am flashing is from the link that plemen provided. The zip says CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip.

Not sure why it is not working for me. From plemen's post, it looked he did a wipe and then installed everything from scratch. Mine was a dirty flash, perhaps that could be the problem. Besides root, everything is working fine.

I'm sorry bro - I actually used a supersu I had on hand (v1.69) - I'm attaching it here. I thought by linking the latest it may save everyone an update.

Good luck and this should work for you.

Attachments

• UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.69.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
Reactions: Yazzy88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted!

idk gang, I'm going to wait for devs to grab this, root it, add note3 features etc b4 doing an official update.

I have root access - pretty easy actually. Here is what I did:

1) Install the 4.3 update from sammobile via odin - let it boot
    2) reboot and install cwm via odin - you can get the latest here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47607315
    3) reboot into recovery and install supersu using cwm - I believe the latest is here: http://download.chainfire.eu/204

EDIT: use this supersu instead: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47884836&postcount=54

Thats it! Now restoring my apps and data using Titanium backup.
    705.39MB

I'm not installing until the morning I'm too tired!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hey everyone.

Chiming in about the update.

So I got it today and had a few issues but corrected them, want to share with others what problems I had if anyone else encounters this.

First thing upon updating I check my flash count status to see what they've done. There is a Knox flag in the bootloader however since our phones (atleast ones manufactured before July 2013) don't not have efuses I noticed its a bit different.

By default it showed for me Knox warranty flag: 0

I'm a big CWM user and decided to go ahead and continue to use PhilZ's CWM touch. Even with the custom flag being switched and the flash count going to 1 my Knox flag remained at 0.

My guess is that if the phone doesn't have an efuse this doesn't change, however I also noticed that the Knox software that they give you on the update is just an starter file and you actually need to download Knox fully on your own if you want it. So maybe because it is not fully installed they flag remains at 0 as well, just a guess.

Upon flashing CWM I installed the latest root from Chainfire, 1.80 however I ran into a problem.
    Root worked but SuperSu would crash and I would also get nagged by Samsung security about it and any root app.
    I figured out that previously I had used the option in SuperSu to convert it into a system app this is what caused it to crash.
    To fix this I used ES file explore to make the system directory writable and had to manually delete the Superuser.apk, reboot & then reinstall off playstore. After all this everything is working fine as it should.

About the security nagging the new SuperSU 1.80 has an option to get rid of this, but you can also manually just disable all the Knox programs using titanium backup as well.

Sent from my SGH-I317M
    Already running it since morning, all smooth and good.

cant find air command options

anyone ?