[Q] HTC One unlocked, tampered, S-ON and custom recovery - Can I do OTA

Search This thread

Torcidas1950

May 3, 2014
I hope you have a sense of humour, so no offense meant, but... why did the chicken cross the street :p (and was it risky?)

Wish you all the best
nkk71

I still didn't recieve the OTA notification, so now I'm downloading the OTA zip to my pc. What do you think about updating it manually trough stock recovery? I am unlocked, tampered, S-ON and on stock recovery

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Reactions: ahmed blue

Torcidas1950

May 3, 2014
doesn't seem to work with S-On phones (even LOCKED, never been touched ones) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761880

Just a quick update. I tried installing stock RUU on my phone. When I locked the bootloader the phone only wanted to boot into the bootloader and nothing else, so I went further with installing the RUU, but it said that i need another version (despite the fact that both CID and MID were the same as the phone's). So i had to unlock the bootloader and continue working on this version. But thats not it, the phone was rebooting every 2 minutes and I couldn't stop it. So in that 2 minute window, I went to Play Store and uninstalled updates for SuperSU app. Now the phone stopped rebooting.. If anyone knows why is all this happening, please do respond.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts