[Q] MMS not working
It has been a while since I've used the phone, and my fiancee wants to use it, so I fired it up again. However, I have noticed a problem, which I've actually always had, but which annoys her - MMS is not working.
I'm using the latest unofficial CM10 build floating around. I have previously also tried Jellytime, but it was even worse (see below).
Whenever she tries to send an MMS, it basically knocks out data. I have googled, and seen that many others have had this problem. Data connection basically drops, the bar goes grey, and it won't return until i re-register the phone on the network, reboot, goes to flightmode or back, etc. Internet works, as long as I don't send any MMS-messages. I am unable to received them as well.
I have tried:
- googling my ass off,
- the official APN settings (one for web, one for mms),
- resetting APNs,
- default,supl + default,supl,mms as types,
- combining into one APN,
- various APN apps,
- reinstalling ROM,
- other ROM builds (Jellytime, was even worse, could only get data connection, when wifi was on and connected to a network, after a while i could then disable wifi and it would keep the data connection for a few hours).
- lots of other stuff...
Any ideas welcome.
* Hero GSM (CM 7.2, CWM) - retired
* Desire HD (TrickDroid, battery-friendly kernel, CWM) - girlfriend's daily driver
* Nexus 7 (CM10.2, 4.23 bootloader, M-kernel, Lagfix/Fstrim, TWRP)
* Note 10.1 4G 2014 edition (P605, URDLV root, build MJ9, TWRP)