Originally Posted by mynookhd
1. If I do the hybrid install, how is the CM 10.1 installed on the internal flash? Is a separate partition created and installed or are the files installed in a folder within the stock rom?
2. The answer to this question will probably depend on the answer to 1. If I want to transfer a movie onto the internal flash, where do I place it so the movie is viewable within the stock rom and/or CM 10.1.
3. How large is the hybrid install on the internal flash and on the sd card?
4. Can I use the bootable sd card for extra storage space for either the stock rom or CM 10.1?
5. Is the SD card hot swappable after I boot into 10.1?
1. With the hybrid, /boot, /system and /sdcard are all installed on the SD in their own partitions, so to answer #5 also, the SD must remain inserted. /data is installed on internal memory as a folder under the stock /data. So the size is only limited by the free space in stock /data, usually quite large (also answers #3).
2. You can put the movie either on the internal stock media folder or the /sdcard on the SD. The hybrid CM should be able to see both. If you put it on the SD /sdcard, ordinarily stock cannot see it.
3. See above.
4. Most of the SD is partitioned as /sdcard so it is usable by CM10.1 as media storage. It is not normally available to stock, but can be made available with a special zip I made.
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here