[Q] N7100 with Ditto Note 3 SDS-fix Kernel

Search This thread

PixelJonas

Jan 28, 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm currently using the latest Ditto Note 3 Rom (v 3.2) Link to the Thread. Since my phone is freezing/rebooting very randomly I searched a little bit and it seems that I have an insane Chip :(
I searched for some Kernels with an SDS-Fix and only found the Perseus Kernel, but it won't work with the Ditto Note 3 ROM (Phone isn't booting) so I thought maybe I ask you guys if you have any experience with it :)

PS:
I tried the Dummy File Generator, but it always goes until 97% ( 9,20GB) and then the freezing won't stop (freezing keeps occuring every 2 seconds after it unfreezed).

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Hey Guys,

I'm currently using the latest Ditto Note 3 Rom (v 3.2) Link to the Thread. Since my phone is freezing/rebooting very randomly I searched a little bit and it seems that I have an insane Chip :(
I searched for some Kernels with an SDS-Fix and only found the Perseus Kernel, but it won't work with the Ditto Note 3 ROM (Phone isn't booting) so I thought maybe I ask you guys if you have any experience with it :)

PS:
I tried the Dummy File Generator, but it always goes until 97% ( 9,20GB) and then the freezing won't stop (freezing keeps occuring every 2 seconds after it unfreezed).

Well at first: Don't be too anxious about the insane chip, I've never read about SDS while using a custom rom or need to run a certain kernel to fix it. Me too, have that chip and have experienced freezing and reboots (like many others without that chip) but it was always a software problem like an unclean installation of the rom. Just exclude any other reason for these issues first, the very last thing can be SDS but I have doubts.

Besides: Samsung told something about a fix while updating from 4.1.1 or so.

Reactions: PixelJonas

PixelJonas

Jan 28, 2014
Mhh I guess you were right. I really don't know what I did wrong, because I did everything i did now for the last installation, but when i re-installed everything i didn't encountered any more freezes (tested with Dummy File Generator( 4x 8.62 GB).

For future Reference, the Steps I did installing Ditto Note 3 (v 3.2)

1) Flash PhilZ Touch 5.15.0.tar.md5 (was stated as the most stable Version for Ditto Note 3) Link
2) Wipe Data/Factory reset (Clean for Install a New ROM)
3) Wipe Chache Partition
4) format /cache
5) format /system
6) format /data
7) format /preload
8) format /sdcard
9) format /data and /data/media (/sdcard)
10) Wipe Dalvik Cache
11) Installed Ditto Note 3 (v3.2) with the "Wipe Data Factory Reset" Option and MK9 Modem (N7100XXUEMJ9)
12) flashed "KNOX free" MJ5 Bootloader Link

Thx for your help :) I will report back if the freezes come back ^_^

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Instead of all that wiping and formating, if you don't mind reinstalling apps and data, there is a simple way to get rid of all things that might disturb running a new custom rom called superwipe or megawipe tool:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33926209&postcount=1

Just after flashing Philz, run that zip.file (install zip from SD in Philz) and you are ready to install a new rom and to be secure, wipe cache and dalvik befor rebooting, if you have the option to do so, after installation of rom.

Last edited:

PixelJonas

Jan 28, 2014
Instead of all that wiping and formating, if you don't mind reinstalling apps and data, there is a simple way to get rid of all things that might disturb running a new custom rom called superwipe or megawipe tool:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33926209&postcount=1

Just after flashing Philz, run that zip.file (install zip from SD in Philz) and you are ready to install a new rom and to be secure, wipe cache and dalvik befor rebooting, if you have the option to do so, after installation of rom.

This seems to be a very cool Tool. Next time I will give it a try!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

PS:

Well at first: Don't be too anxious about the insane chip, I've never read about SDS while using a custom rom or need to run a certain kernel to fix it. Me too, have that chip and have experienced freezing and reboots (like many others without that chip) but it was always a software problem like an unclean installation of the rom. Just exclude any other reason for these issues first, the very last thing can be SDS but I have doubts.

Besides: Samsung told something about a fix while updating from 4.1.1 or so.