Very slow charging i9300

Search This thread

Mikeyman123

May 21, 2013
So I woke up seeing my phone was at 58%, odd because I slept like 9 hours straight and my phone was charging during my sleep. So after I woke up I went downstairs, made some food, went back up to see my phone went down to 57% whilst charging.
So I've been doing some troubleshooting. I switched batteries, switched chargers etc. I also downloaded galaxy current charging and found out its only max 100ma, on all the 3 chargers I tried. Not sure if the usb port is jammed, always charged stable, and I can use it while charging without it charging on and off.
Using Archidroid 2.4.3. running boeffla kernel, I tried yank555 kernel too and problem persisted, didnt change any charging settings or something tho.

So how do I fix this?

Last edited:

Mostix

Feb 18, 2014
Unplug charger from plug it again. I used Sony cable.?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

blackhand64

Nov 7, 2012
So I woke up seeing my phone was at 58%, odd because I slept like 9 hours straight and my phone was charging during my sleep. So after I woke up I went downstairs, made some food, went back up to see my phone went down to 57% whilst charging.
So I've been doing some troubleshooting. I switched batteries, switched chargers etc. I also downloaded galaxy current charging and found out its only max 100ma, on all the 3 chargers I tried. Not sure if the usb port is jammed, always charged stable, and I can use it while charging without it charging on and off.
Using Archidroid 2.4.3. running boeffla kernel, I tried yank555 kernel too and problem persisted, didnt change any charging settings or something tho.

So how do I fix this?

The default charging rate is 1100mA so yours is definitely way too low. Flash boeffla kernel again and download boeffla config v2 from the play store. Then go to the miscellaneous tab (last tab) and change AC charge current to 1100 if it isn't already.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MerynGoesAndroid

Apr 24, 2012
The default charging rate is 1100mA so yours is definitely way too low. Flash boeffla kernel again and download boeffla config v2 from the play store. Then go to the miscellaneous tab (last tab) and change AC charge current to 1100 if it isn't already.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just like the guy above, my friend had the same problems and asked me to fix it.

Downloaded Boeffla kernel and set everything up, works like a charm.
Only problem im having is that some chargers still dont seem to work, the phone just dont recognizes them while my Nexus 4 does!
Anyhow, sometimes the kernel settings seem to have reset and need to be set again.

Any chance you can help me out on this one?

Mikeyman123

May 21, 2013
Just like the guy above, my friend had the same problems and asked me to fix it.

Downloaded Boeffla kernel and set everything up, works like a charm.
Only problem im having is that some chargers still dont seem to work, the phone just dont recognizes them while my Nexus 4 does!
Anyhow, sometimes the kernel settings seem to have reset and need to be set again.

Any chance you can help me out on this one?

I fixed it with changing some settings in my boeffla?.
I turned the unstable charging on

MerynGoesAndroid

Apr 24, 2012
I fixed it with changing some settings in my boeffla?.
I turned the unstable charging on

Yeah i forgot to mention, i do use boeffla config app, but all the settings i apply seem to reset on a reboot, like some script is just returning everything to default.

Ive already made a comment on the original kernel thread, hoping for some answers there.
Thanks for your reply tho

Zhx14

Dec 9, 2014
Charging is very slowly

I had the same issue..
My I9305 is charging very slow but sometimes it charged very fast
How can i fix this.?