Fastboot not working after 8.1 compatability update

Search This thread

Graymalkin626

Apr 28, 2014
After compatibility update only adb will work. i have tried looking for a solution on google. http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix-working-fastboot-drivers-windows-8-1-x64/ this didn't work and nothing will.

If you have an HTC ONE S then you are right. The drivers for it do not work when in fastboot mode. You can go back to win8 or win7.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Rapier View Post

It could be that you're out of luck in this case. There are problems with windows 8/8.1 and USB 3.0 to recognize the phone due to the drivers. You could try on a windows 7 machine or get some drivers that works. I know of a solution but only for Intel Xtensible USB 3.0 Controller, don't know any drivers for what you have

Here is a reply from rapier when I asked the same kind of question dealing with my wife's ONE S.

---------- Post added 19th May 2014 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 18th May 2014 at 11:42 PM ----------

He had originally asked me what kind of usb device was installed on my pc, hence why he replied that he knew of know solution for device.