[Q] Force Restart constantly

Search This thread

ForayeEvo4g

Jul 29, 2010
I recently restored my phone to stock to take advantage of the latest sprint updates. I had been rooted for years and now just dont see a reason for it as my phon performance had dropped of as development stopped on the custom rom i was running.

I used E4gt-EL29-Restore Odin 1.8 to restore. Initially messaging force closed constantly, then after a day or two it now constantly reboots itself. It indicated that I had a SD card malfunction. I tried to reformat it but that failed. now every 10-15 seconds it reboots until the battery dies. I will not stay on long enough for me to connect and run any thing.

Any help is appreciated!

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I recently restored my phone to stock to take advantage of the latest sprint updates. I had been rooted for years and now just dont see a reason for it as my phon performance had dropped of as development stopped on the custom rom i was running.

I used E4gt-EL29-Restore Odin 1.8 to restore. Initially messaging force closed constantly, then after a day or two it now constantly reboots itself. It indicated that I had a SD card malfunction. I tried to reformat it but that failed. now every 10-15 seconds it reboots until the battery dies. I will not stay on long enough for me to connect and run any thing.

Any help is appreciated!
You may have a bad flash, a bad download of whatever you are trying to install or a bad battery.
I would think it is the battery but I would try reflashing as well. Verify the download md5 checksum is correct if it is offered to verify the file integrity of the download.

ForayeEvo4g

Jul 29, 2010
You may have a bad flash, a bad download of whatever you are trying to install or a bad battery.
I would think it is the battery but I would try reflashing as well. Verify the download md5 checksum is correct if it is offered to verify the file integrity of the download.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure its not the battery.

let me explain some more...I was running OneClick Root for EL29, with Caukin's Rom form circa 2011
- I removed root using the same OneCliclk Restore for EL29, and got the latest GB27 OTA from Sprint.
-All apps and settings were unchanged except Messaging would force close. I stopped using it and installed Handcent
-SD Storage Icon says card is corrupted
-Everything worked for a day or two, then it starts to reboot every 20 seconds...except its looks like it only the splash screen reloading back to the lock screen.

Is there a method to interrupt this cycle? the divice is now UNrooted, and will not stay on long enough to Re-Root or initialize USB.

Thanks

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure its not the battery.

let me explain some more...I was running OneClick Root for EL29, with Caukin's Rom form circa 2011
- I removed root using the same OneCliclk Restore for EL29, and got the latest GB27 OTA from Sprint.
-All apps and settings were unchanged except Messaging would force close. I stopped using it and installed Handcent
-SD Storage Icon says card is corrupted
-Everything worked for a day or two, then it starts to reboot every 20 seconds...except its looks like it only the splash screen reloading back to the lock screen.

Is there a method to interrupt this cycle? the divice is now UNrooted, and will not stay on long enough to Re-Root or initialize USB.

Thanks

Pull battery, replace battery, hold Power+Volume Down until it goes into Download Mode then you can do another one click Odin

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png