Would you like to share knowledge about Alcatel MOVE ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
black screen and buttons, back, menu and search, are illuminated

everything is ok you have sensor buttons lighted so you are in fastboot mode
to test it from cmd.exe enter fastboot devices and get answer showing you device ID
but this is not recovery mode for recovery press the other volume button + Menu for 10s after buzz from phone
if screen is blank touch the screen to enter recovery menu

VolUp+Menu -recovery mode
VolDown+Menu-fastboot mode

Last edited:

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
Appreciation

Hi there guys, i'm the old one who started this spinoff threadline.I'd like to give my appretiation to snkiz,sebastien who made the very first steps.Then i'd like to give my best appretiation to all who contributed during this thread with q's and a's ,who tried ,experimented,****ed their phones and sent'em back for repair,who bought 2-4 phones just for the sake of the experiments,to all those guys compiling kernels,for the many try-and-heavy-error hours.My special thanks to ruscan.calin who compiled what others could not.Closely i'll try the new ROM and see for myself.

Best regards,ACS.
And sorry for not being around for a while.

Reactions: ruscan.calin

springnull

Feb 14, 2012
no cwm

Hi, I tried adb reboot recovery
the phone gets the black screen and no power on,
I installed cwm, but I can not enter the menu :( :confused:

thanks for answering:)

Will you have to see that the mobile was updated to Gingerbread?

Last edited:

martin131

Nov 22, 2011
On czech T-Mobile support website moderator said the Gingerbread will be released later this month. I hope...

Odesláno z mého Galaxy Nexus pomocí Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ruscan.calin

stracker06

Jan 23, 2012
Gingerbread

Hi Guys,

In this forum I read that in some countries the Gingerbread is available for the OT 908. Is it REAL?:confused: Because, in Hungary there are quite wrong news about the 2.3. Many people say that the Alcatel don't want to make it.:crying: So, I don't know what to do. Please help and answer! Thank you!

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"

Hi Guys,

In this forum I read that in some countries the Gingerbread is available for the OT 908. Is it REAL?:confused: Because, in Hungary there are quite wrong news about the 2.3.
there is no country with GB on this phone ...this is only noise made by bored people here did you ever see a screenshot posted by these persons to show that "GB"..
let's say I'm wrong then (only then !) I recommend Alcatel to read this book "Animal Farm" -by George Orwell.
I'm sure persons to make this "GB noise" never heard about this book!
Many people say that the Alcatel don't want to make it.:crying: So, I don't know what to do. Please help and answer! Thank you!

I tested GB on a lot of phones but that don't impress me much for me GB is not a "salvation" for this phone because it's sure doesn't come with a 4" display upgrade :laugh:
If you can't wait why not to compile Android from AOSP sources now you have that GB on your phone !

Last edited:

getter_gtr

Aug 22, 2012
CyanogenMod

Hi everyone!
I have the same phone and I would like to know if someone make CyanogenMod for this?
Sorry for my very bad English

datasiedem

Nov 15, 2011
Hello everyone,

Gingerbread 2.3.4 has landed for MOVE. Now.... how do we root it. I can't even boot into recovery mode. I've tried Gingerbreak and SuperOneclick 2.3.3 but no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    finally done CUSTOM ROM HERE TRY IT !

TO ALL PEOPLE HERE !

NOW UPLOADING ROM TO SERVER- 1/2 hour from now

YOU ARE INVITED TO TRY THIS CUSTOM ROM HOPE YOU LIKE !

Here is the new thread if you don't already know
    ROM Download links are up! Thank you!

Thanks! to be the first downloading this ROM !:)
    globul-stock-rom (unsigned)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wx0uc047y990tf

edit: one question

/system/bin/toolbox and symlinks comming with stock rom or are added later from other app?

this is not important I guess was made later
    also I can make complete update.zip signed from these files
    but what for because I am (move)ing to a new thread so goodbye Move:D
    and welcome original/ clean OT-908 !

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

I have one question - I have no idea about how to make custom ROMs, or porting existing ROMs to other phones, but:

How about porting CyanogenMod to this Alcatel OT-908? Can be this possible?

yes but for what price ? how do you pay me for that ?! suggest buy a beer:D

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

for all reading
    I suggest to try -if don't know box.com to get free online storage
    normally a subscriber get 5GB for free but if you download from Market
    for an Android subscriber there are 50 GB free storage for you and many benefits
    also I intend to put there that stock rom I am working on sharing to you if interested

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

UPDATE

After a long night I managed to root my 908s. I'll write out the jist of it, but I was flying by the seat of my pants, fueled by caffeine and sleep depervation. DON'T consider this a HOWTO.

First off, to the best of my knowlage there is no one click solution as of yet. As I said before still missing the driver that makes ADB work in windows, and handset based solutions didn't pan out. A little reasearch showed that the OT-990 has the same chip/ram and ROM space as ours. The screen is bigger, and I don't know what board is in it, but on a hunch I figured it was close enough. So I went here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1164391 in the hopes that some sort of combined effort in future ROM development would be possible.

Yes that's right folks its a guide to MANUALLY root you handset with ADB. So not for the faint of heart. I didn't have high hopes, as issuing ls -l on either the sqlite folder or data threw a permission denied. So blindly I tried to push psneuter, busybox and su to /data/local. I almost fell off my chair when it worked! from there I used psneuter to get ADB into root, and managed to get the su binary to /system/xbin, and Superuser into /system/app. Superuser was installed, but still no root. So I checked out Root Checker to see what was going on. There are three places that su typically lives; /system/xbin, /system/bin, and /sbin. So I tried to put su in those folders. I got it into /system/bin but sbin is mounted read-only. I did not remount any directories, as the instructions are lacking syntax (I'm a little rusty with advanced mounting commands). I think things are mapped a little differently anyway. I still did not have root on the handset, so I then fired up Superuser to see what it could see. It saw the su binary, even though it wasn't working right. Then I thought well if it can see it, then maybe it can update and fix it. Sure enough after running the update to su in Superuser, (drumroll please...) I had working root.

So that's my story so far, I'm gonna give Alcatel a week or so to reply to my request. Then we'll take it from there. (Hey it worked on Huewei right?)

If a real dev should come across this, feel free to jump in. Its a solid little phone and has the potential to work on a range of handsets.
    On czech T-Mobile support website moderator said the Gingerbread will be released later this month. I hope...

Odesláno z mého Galaxy Nexus pomocí Tapatalk 2