Jul 23, 2011
Baton Rouge
ironlyoncreations.zxq.net

paranoid.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

More screenshots

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Remove SIM recommended to avoid IMEI issues
  • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset IF you're on any ROM other than AOSP JB (May work without fullwipe from older PA versions if your /data folder is not full of things)
  • Install ROM: pa_captivatemtd (mirror)
  • Install Gapps: Here (the latest for Android 4.1.1)
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Check changelog

Last edited:

phlunkie

Apr 30, 2007
florida
Very interested in trying this, and i know that i can just install it and see for myself, But before I do; Does this lag alot? All the fancy stuff seems like it might bog down our "ancient" devices.

suprstar29

Feb 17, 2012
Very interested in trying this, and i know that i can just install it and see for myself, But before I do; Does this lag alot? All the fancy stuff seems like it might bog down our "ancient" devices.

It didn't lag on ics. If you go check out my old port, a bunch of people say its really fast. Every thing is done in the coding, so it should be fast plus you got project butter on your side :D

Last edited:

jamit018

Jun 22, 2008
After going thru all steps
asking to type your password on the first screen (to decrypt storage)????
it keeps "try again"..

Last edited:

phlunkie

Apr 30, 2007
florida
Color me really impressed. I really like the interface on this, and the lag seems to be on par as to current state of cm10.
QUESTION: the themes that are linked above, can we use them with the captivate?

BitteredBro

Feb 21, 2011
Poza Rica
I´ve been on Paranoid before but I've been on this version and semaphore kernel for a day. At first the phone worked impressivly fast. Faster than my previous JB setups and even faster than GB. I don't know why but the it has become slower and now is on par with Helly Bean with Devil's Kernel.

It appears to me that the lack of datadata partition doesn't affect the performance at all, because Helly Bean uses that partition and Paranoid don't.

The interface for adjusting the paranoid settings is excellent. In the beginnig it used to be a little bit tricky but now has evolved to a wizard who guides you along the process with really clear explanation and images.

The battery life has been great for me, losing 1% an hour on stand by and with good results while the screen is on.

The media issue is still there but its a CM10 thing, not specifically Paranoid related.

Somehow the search hardware isn´t recognized properly. It does nothing when pressed and doesn't show on the hardware key settings. This issues was present on one of the Helly Bean test builds , but was resolved in the latest release.

It's a great ROM overall and the posibilities bringed by the hybrid mode makes it stand out. Thanks a lot for the actualized port. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
Reactions: ielnats2

jamit018

Jun 22, 2008
Sounds like it may have had an issue mounting /data try flashing a different kernel like semaphore to see if that fixes it.

If not look at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21439417

I follow the instructions again, and re-do the flashing one more time.
Everything works flawlessly. Now, I need some time to stress test it.

I am on Roger's Captivate, no front camera.

First issue: Camera. Taking pics fine. all settings are fine, except the switch of camera (front and back).
As soon as that option is selected, the gallery stops. From then on, camera is not functional. Have to reset.

Great selection of language UI. That covers most of ethnic groups. A++
Is there any way that I can flash those additional language into other ROM in another phone, say: SGS II or III?

redkenji

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta
When I first installed it, i plugged my phone into my computer when the phone booted up and the option to connect USB to pc showed up, after a restart, it no longer does that. I love this rom, I've been on the PA ICS for a while and this is super fast, almost exactly as smooth as the ICS one, new fav rom! :)
...But please help about the pc connect thingy

Reactions: Ir0nLy0n

jamit018

Jun 22, 2008

First issue: Camera. Taking pics fine. all settings are fine, except the switch of camera (front and back).
As soon as that option is selected, the gallery stops. From then on, camera is not functional. Have to reset.

Is there any way that I can flash those additional language into other ROM in another phone, say: SGS II or III?

Here is the link for latest JellyBean camera: http://puu.sh/QpeX from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1746611
Edit: just apply the upgrade, but it does not fix the issue.

Last edited:

Ir0nLy0n

Jul 23, 2011
Baton Rouge

It you toggle the camera (back to front) it will cause force close as the i897 has no front camera. The only way I've been able to get gallery working again is to go into app info > gallery > force stop / clear data.

To my knowledge UI languages have to be compiled with the ROM.

When I first installed it, i plugged my phone into my computer when the phone booted up and the option to connect USB to pc showed up, after a restart, it no longer does that. I love this rom, I've been on the PA ICS for a while and this is super fast, almost exactly as smooth as the ICS one, new fav rom! :)
...But please help about the pc connect thingy

It will try to recreate this as soon as I can get on my computer.

Ir0nLy0n

Jul 23, 2011
Baton Rouge
Color me really impressed. I really like the interface on this, and the lag seems to be on par as to current state of cm10.
QUESTION: the themes that are linked above, can we use them with the captivate?

The themes should be usable with paranoid Android regardless of the device. However I have not tested them yet so use at your own risk.

Reactions: phlunkie

jamit018

Jun 22, 2008
SIM recognition

With you ROM installed, the SIM (Rogers) is not recognized regardless of network/carrier setup.
But with Helly Bean, it gets the carrier right away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Remove SIM recommended to avoid IMEI issues
    • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset IF you're on any ROM other than AOSP JB (May work without fullwipe from older PA versions if your /data folder is not full of things)
    • Install ROM: pa_captivatemtd (mirror)
    • Install Gapps: Here (the latest for Android 4.1.1)
    • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Check changelog
    ParanoidAndroid JellyBean - v2.1

How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

Special Thanks
    • Teamhacksung, For their awesome work all this time on CyanogenMod team, and a solid base for our device tree.
    I know everyone is getting impatient so here is what's happening. PA has changed from a cm base to an aosp base. In order to build it for non nexus devices we have to combine some of the CM code (kernel and device device specific stuff) with the aospa(Android Open Source Paranoid Android) source. The source for aospa has been made available however the coding to compile a working build for the captivate will take some time, which unfortunately I do not have a lot of right now. I will begin the work to bring this amazing rom to our device as soon as I am able but it will most likely be a while before it is ready for distribution. My plan is that once I get a build compiled I will release it to a small beta group to help me narrow down the bugs before uploading to goo to distribute.
    Thanks for all your support.

TL;DR: Update coming eventually. Be patient.
    Just to give an update... I had some problems with my computer and have had to re-set up my build environment. Due to work I am unable to continue over the weekend however I hope to have an update by Tuesday.
    I'm having some issues building but as soon as it gets straightened out I'll have a new version up