[ROM][GT-I9300][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds

Search This thread

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
I'm having an issue where I can't enable NFC on my phone, I've tried to look for the solution to this but I can't seem to find a solution, I am wondering if I have done something wrong or just missing the plain obvious. NFC worked on the stock ROM so I don't think its a hardware issue.

When the phone is turned on the NFC option is unticked, if I try to tick it it just greys out.
I haven't experienced this issue before, but judging by the log I'd guess between either the firmware it's trying to load is corrupted or the firmware on the nfc chip is corrupted, hopefully it's the former.

To troubleshoot I'd suggest a full wipe and a clean flash of a stock rom. You could try a clean flash of a custom first if you like, then the stock rom if that doesn't work.

And in terms of camera and battery performance, I haven't noticed a significant difference between this and stock.

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
While it is one of the nicest mods out there...there is at least a 15% battery life drain compared to a more stock debloated type rom and usually I would say between 20-33% downgrade in battery life. That makes it not wroth it for most users in my opinion.

Notor1ouS-

Aug 20, 2010
Google Pixel 6
While it is one of the nicest mods out there...there is at least a 15% battery life drain compared to a more stock debloated type rom and usually I would say between 20-33% downgrade in battery life. That makes it not wroth it for most users in my opinion.

yes indeed, experienced the same unfortunately..... the rom itself is perfect, but the battery drain is higher

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Cucoo

Sep 30, 2010
Guys, the ROM is fine. Battery drain in deep sleep is around 1% per hour for me and that is with wifi, 3G and Backitude set to update my location to Latitude every hour.

You need to check for apps/processes running wild, this is not CM9s fault.

jhericurls

Aug 9, 2009

I don't know how you are measuring/comparing the the battery usage. But I get over 20hrs standby and 4hrs screen time easy and thats on mobile data. With Wi-Fi I'm getting over 6 hr screen time, so I'm happy with that.

the6thplague

Apr 2, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have a mod that can change to the lockscreen to the 8 way slider (right now it's on 5 way)?

Thanks.

mydoom5

Aug 28, 2010
Lisboa
I'm using the stable version and I have the call problem. The other person can't hear me and I can't even hear the dialling "beeps".
I've tried a couple of modems (LFB, LG8, LH1) but none has solved the problem.
I'm in Portugal and my phone is unlocked (using Vodafone).
Can anyone give me a suggestion of how can I solve this?

box4m

Jun 16, 2012
Im having some weird problem, since the "stable build" really, but it just started the other day..

when i connect it to the PC, sometimes i cant see anything on the internal sdcard, sometimes i can see only some of it.
mp3s that used to be recognized as ringtones, arent found nomore when im gonna choose ringtone.

wtf ?

edit: this only happends with CM/aosp, have only tried cm9 different builds etc, full wipe and what not, its just not working what i said above, the samsung rom ive tried it works..???

Last edited:

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
Im having some weird problem, since the "stable build" really, but it just started the other day..

when i connect it to the PC, sometimes i cant see anything on the internal sdcard, sometimes i can see only some of it.
mp3s that used to be recognized as ringtones, arent found nomore when im gonna choose ringtone.

wtf ?

edit: this only happends with CM/aosp, have only tried cm9 different builds etc, full wipe and what not, its just not working what i said above, the samsung rom ive tried it works..???

tru updating rom manager

Sent from my GT-I9300

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
how would updating rom manager solve it tho?

because there was a bug in the previous update that caused the media files on the sdcard not to be recognized

i don't use rom manager so i have not had this issue so cant actually test if updating will help though, if not, google is your friend

Sent from my GT-I9300

box4m

Jun 16, 2012
because there was a bug in the previous update that caused the media files on the sdcard not to be recognized

i don't use rom manager so i have not had this issue so cant actually test if updating will help though, if not, google is your friend

Sent from my GT-I9300

only reason i had rom manager installed is cause it came with cm9, i never used it etc, wouldnt i need to, for the bug to occur?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

there should be a newer update coming if it isnt on play yet.

e: yes 5.0.1.4 is in play

Sent from my GT-I9300

5.0.1.4 didnt do any difference, so im not updating to it when it asks, its working before i update to that

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

only reason i had rom manager installed is cause it came with cm9, i never used it etc, wouldnt i need to, for the bug to occur?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

5.0.1.4 didnt do any difference, so im not updating to it when it asks, its working before i update to that

edit: with 5.0.1.1 that i had on my nandroid, ringtones works, but i cant see the contents of internal sdcard with it... so i guess theres something wrong in that version aswell

iperezru

Jan 17, 2010
Cm9 stable, amazing Rom.

I can't see music controls widget in lock screen when I'm playing on Apollo or Google music and lock the device.

Playing on Spotify and locking, when you press power you can see music controls only for a while (1 second) and then disappears.

It's working ok in cm9 stable on other devices (sgs2 for example)

Thanx!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

iperezru

Jan 17, 2010
cm9 stable.

Problems with stock camera app. See attachment.

Suddenly, trying to access you get this error message "can't connect with the camera".

Sometimes it happens if you open another camera app without exit. It's like its stock app wasn't able to close other apps to open itself.

Anyway, after a while all you get executing stock camera app is a black screen.

Ideas?

Thanx!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345153283024.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345153283024.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 509

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

edit: with 5.0.1.1 that i had on my nandroid, ringtones works, but i cant see the contents of internal sdcard with it... so i guess theres something wrong in that version aswell

see if you have a .nomedia file in the root of your sdcard, if it is, delete it and reboot and see what happens

Sent from my GT-I9300

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
ok seems that i was mistaken about the rom manager versions, here is a solution from another thread

The gallery issue is solved at last. Problem was because Rom Manager 5.0.1.4 created the file .nomedia. That was corrected with version 5.0..1.5 released on Google play yesterday (or maybe today). Regardless of the update Gallery was empty. The .nomdia-file was not seen with root explorer/es-broswer or any fileviewprogram I tested. Mounted the phone to a pc and there it was in the root of sdcard. Deleted the file and reboot the phone. Problem solved.

Steps to take:
A) Update Rom manager to version 5.0.1.5.
B) Search for .nomedia-file (root of the sdcard)
C) If not found with ES-brower or root explorer mount the phone to your pc and use Windows explorer to locate the file.
D) Delete the file .nomedia using Windows explorer.
E) Reboot
F) Be happy :)

//MG

Starting the camera makes the subfolder 100Andro in DCIM. Why i dont know.

Sent from my GT-I9300

elviselvis

Nov 8, 2006
This rom fixed black clipping issue.

This rom fixed black clipping issue. All grey levels are visible. With stock rom i had problems to see gray levels 1 to 8, now i can see it perfectly.:good:

EDIT: Will it be please possible to adjust gamma correction (i dont mean gamma correction of automatic brightness)? Even when all grey levels are visible, the colors when viewing for example movies are still dark. I have found some apps at Play store which can adjust contrast, but none can adjust gamma.

Last edited:

Gvaz

Aug 2, 2012
Leeds, ME
Is there a version for my phone model of cm9 or cm10? I'm really bummed that I'm probably going to be last to get vanilla ICS or jb because the devs don't have USCC...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers ap

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts