[Mod][FlexreaperR14][5/3/2012] Softkeys & Accurate Battery

Search This thread

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
Disclaimer
I, nor anybody, anywhere is responsible for what you do to your device!

Support for: Flexreaper R14 and CM9 Alpha1

So seeing a total lack of mods around this place I took it upon myself to kang together some things for myself, and am uploading them here for all to enjoy (or not, really doesn't matter to me)

I am not a themer, developer, or anything of the sort. I am a copy and paster. With that being my situation, there are several thanks that need to be given here.

Thanks to:
Vache for the kickass rom
UOT Kitchen. They provided the .xml edits for the accurate battery mod and the flashable zip I'm using
iammodo. He compiled this great collection of softkeys on xoom board
s60mike for the blue circles softkeys
mr_physco. For providing the battery images.
civato For the awesome Flexreaper rom and requested Acer ring icons.
waydownsouth, gh123man, and the whole CM team!
If I forgot anyone I assure you it is because I am an idiot, not because I don't value and appreciate your work.

All the files contain this battery image
Screenshot_2012-03-17-18-31-35.png

Just because it's my favorite :p

CM9 Alpha1

Flexreaper (Thanks civato)
ic_sysbar_acer_ring_default-1.png

ICS blue bullseye
ic_sysbar_acer_ring_default.png

Just started off with these 5 so far, will do more if there is interest/if I feel like it.

Blue Circles
examplenv.png

Droid Font
examplel.png

HTC Blue Reflective
examplexz.png

Metro Blue
metroblue.png

Roboto Blue
examplegl.png

ADDED 3/12/2012

HTC White
exampleax.png

HTC Reflective
exampleps.png

ICS Blue Reflective
exampleul.png

Asus ICS Blue
asusics.png

ICS Blue Reflective
exampley.png

Added 3/15/12
ICS Blue 15% bigger
icsbluebig.png

Added 3/17/12
A200
a200.png

Added 4/29/12
Sammyblue
sammyblue.png

Last edited:

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
Hmmm... tried 3 times, different wipe scenarios, and she don't work mate.

Batt mods don't work as advertised. Still the stock batt. Other things seem to work though. Well, mostly.

Which one/ones did you try on what rom?

To test I just did a full wipe (wipe data/cache, format system, cache, data, flexrom) and reinstalled taboonay (3.0, then 3.01 update, then wifi fix, then acer ring, then my mods) and it worked great

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Which one/ones did you try on what rom?

To test I just did a full wipe (wipe data/cache, format system, cache, data, flexrom) and reinstalled taboonay (3.0, then 3.01 update, then wifi fix, then acer ring, then my mods) and it worked great

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Well, I might have to eat some words.

I tested 2 of them. I didn't see it on the first mod (#1), but (when things got dark in the room), I could barely see the white numbering on the battery icon on the "reflective". So "maybe" it was working after all. Kinda hard to see the white numbering on the light blue battery.

Must be my eyes ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bfranklin1986

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
Aw man idk how we're supposed to dl these- ... that link just goes to minus homepage :-\ I sign up it still brings me there, these are exactly what I was looking for too!! Amazing work, I can't wait to download em lol

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
Aw man idk how we're supposed to dl these- ... that link just goes to minus homepage :-\ I sign up it still brings me there, these are exactly what I was looking for too!! Amazing work, I can't wait to download em lol

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

Try either from a computer or opera set to desktop mode, it wouldn't let me get to them from the stock ics browser

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bdubs4200

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
thank you. Dolphin HD, worked just fine

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

karlkarloff

Jan 2, 2011
Boone, North Carolina
Just wanted to confirm that these will work on Civato's FlexReaper R9 Rom. At least the droidfont mod will, thats the one I tried. I wasn't expecting the yellow circle at the bottom to access the Acer ring, but all works as it should. Nicely done, and thanks.

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
I love the HTC icons wish they were white ..

Edit: nvm love the blue anyone try with flexreaper ics? I dno if itle work..

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
I love the HTC icons wish they were white ..

Edit: nvm love the blue anyone try with flexreaper ics? I dno if itle work..

karlkarloff above says that the droid font worked with flexreaper. If one of them works they all should, they only difference between each mod is the 5 to 7 sofkey .pngs. Do a backup and if all else fails you can just restore the backup. Give me about 15 mins and I'll add the white HTC ones too.

Edit: Added White HTC to folder

Last edited:

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
karlkarloff above says that the droid font worked with flexreaper. If one of them works they all should, they only difference between each mod is the 5 to 7 sofkey .pngs. Do a backup and if all else fails you can just restore the backup. Give me about 15 mins and I'll add the white HTC ones too.

Edit: Added White HTC to folder

Does this look normal I figured it would and that in would gain the bulls eye sense they are based on the same base.
I will take a look at white thank you!

61532eca-a24b-0572.jpg

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
Does this look normal I figured it would and that in would gain the bulls eye sense they are based on the same base.
I will take a look at white thank you!

61532eca-a24b-0572.jpg

looks about right to me, not sure what you mean by bull eye but if it's related to the acer ring it shouldn't change anything, everything related to the acer ring should be in acering.apk. The only thing my mod replaces is your framework-res.apk and your systemui.apk.

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Yea if you look at the pic the greenish/yellowish dot with a circle around it the acer ring launcher used to look different like a grey line.

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
(i miss my vibrant) but anywho, why search icon when its the recent tab??.. did you make these? if so how!? :p lol i got some cool icons id like to throw in there

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
(i miss my vibrant) but anywho, why search icon when its the recent tab??.. did you make these? if so how!? :p lol i got some cool icons id like to throw in there

No, I didn't make any of these, credits are in the op. Search icon there because some tablets have search icon I guess???

Pretty easy to switch in any icons, if you want to link or send me some wouldn't take me a few minutes to resize, rename, and swap in the icons. If you wanted to do it yourself all you need is 7zip and Gimp (actually paint might even be able to handle this). Maybe I'll sit down Friday while I'm off and type up a detailed tutorial.

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
No, I didn't make any of these, credits are in the op. Search icon there because some tablets have search icon I guess???

Pretty easy to switch in any icons, if you want to link or send me some wouldn't take me a few minutes to resize, rename, and swap in the icons. If you wanted to do it yourself all you need is 7zip and Gimp (actually paint might even be able to handle this). Maybe I'll sit down Friday while I'm off and type up a detailed tutorial.

wow that is extreamly (?) nice of you! now that i think of it, the metro blue is near perfect, but the search (for recent) and the clock (for list/menu) would drive me nuts lol they just dont fit right haha... so could i somehow extract icons from the metrostation.apk ? this is the first time im digging into system files to aesthetically mo, so im a noooob in this theming field lol anything you can do would not go unappreciated

EDIT, your taking all my "thanks" for today to btw :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    I, nor anybody, anywhere is responsible for what you do to your device!

Support for: Flexreaper R14 and CM9 Alpha1

So seeing a total lack of mods around this place I took it upon myself to kang together some things for myself, and am uploading them here for all to enjoy (or not, really doesn't matter to me)

I am not a themer, developer, or anything of the sort. I am a copy and paster. With that being my situation, there are several thanks that need to be given here.

Thanks to:
    Vache for the kickass rom
    UOT Kitchen. They provided the .xml edits for the accurate battery mod and the flashable zip I'm using
    iammodo. He compiled this great collection of softkeys on xoom board
    s60mike for the blue circles softkeys
    mr_physco. For providing the battery images.
    civato For the awesome Flexreaper rom and requested Acer ring icons.
    waydownsouth, gh123man, and the whole CM team!
    If I forgot anyone I assure you it is because I am an idiot, not because I don't value and appreciate your work.

All the files contain this battery image

Just because it's my favorite :p

CM9 Alpha1

Flexreaper (Thanks civato)
    ic_sysbar_acer_ring_default-1.png

ICS blue bullseye
    ic_sysbar_acer_ring_default.png

Just started off with these 5 so far, will do more if there is interest/if I feel like it.

Blue Circles
    examplenv.png

Droid Font
    examplel.png

HTC Blue Reflective
    examplexz.png

Metro Blue
    metroblue.png

Roboto Blue
    examplegl.png

ADDED 3/12/2012

HTC White
    exampleax.png

HTC Reflective
    exampleps.png

ICS Blue Reflective
    exampleul.png

Asus ICS Blue
    asusics.png

ICS Blue Reflective
    exampley.png

Added 3/15/12
    ICS Blue 15% bigger
    icsbluebig.png

Added 3/17/12
    A200
    a200.png

Added 4/29/12
    Sammyblue
    sammyblue.png
    EDIT ,
    Confirmed not working , I took a look at it's because the framework and systemUI are not correct (don't know if BFranklin decompiled them or not), I don't understand how it passed on R9.
    No problem I fixed it , sammyblue mod see attachments.
    Flash with cwm

ps Bfrankling if you need more info let me know , but the way it's build it won't work on FLEXREAPER or stock ICS layout.
    The Framework doesn't need altering for the battery% mod only systemUI.
    In the attchments you will see that is a systemUI I build and put your icons on it. and that's all it needs. (ofcorse xml needs to be altered and decompiled when building it)

Thanks Civato! They were originally made for Taboonay and it was just luck they worked on Flexreaper in the first place. .xml editing it not a strength of mine...

Using Civato's base I've updated all icons to work with Flexreaper R14.
    Is it possible to fix the battery percentage when charging? Using Acer A200 button mod with FlexReaper R12.

Probably, I should have time to look into it first of next week.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
    Could someone rip the icons from the a200 ICS?

Added!
    Is it possible to fix the battery percentage when charging? Using Acer A200 button mod with FlexReaper R12.

This has been fixed and updated.