erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
Unofficial CM9 LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4​

Vodafone Sonic Huawei u8650

by Lucky76​

BETA 5​

29yjajb.jpg

READ THIS FIRST LINES FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT. THANKS

WARNING as always I take no responsibility for any of your brick * Vodafone Sonic, then these steps at your own risk, and I recommend you perform these steps only after being certain that you understand what you do and understand their meaning .
Any operating errors may jeopardize the use of your smartphone by requiring you to send him Service Repair.

* BRICK . make your phone like a brick, that is something useless except as a paperweight.

This is my first custom rom compiled from the source of CyanogenMod 9 ICS 4.0.4 updated to 20/07/2012.

New rom compiled on 01-08-2012 with fix mount USB from source.

New rom compiled on 08-08-2012 and new kernel with Overclock and Underclock.

New rom compiled on 11-08-2012 with Fix Bluetooth and Ext. Audio (90%), better incall Audio and Headset Audio. Fix FMRadio with Spirit Radio see below on NOTE

Based on the github reposity of Ivan19871002 for Sonic c8650 CDMA ---> Here and completely restored to our Sonic u8650 GSM with the kernel always of LiGux Ivan @ # 5.

ATTENTION

The rom is the first beta because it has some bugs and problems to be solved ....... So if you want a stable ROM for daily use does not install it there are many custom rom stable. This is intended only for the moment for those who want to make the TEST with ICS.

Help Installing custom rom LuckyIcsGsm

I always recommend before you start to have the battery charged to 100%.

1. A fundamental requirement to install this custom rom

the presence of modified Clockwork Recovery 4.0.1.4 or higher (currently 6.0.1.0 thx udK).

2. Download Link LuckyIcsGsm

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 5 Gapps ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
MD5sum ----> f2f894116d2ee1e9319648a6a0733b3d

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 4 Gapps ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
MD5sum ----> b8e22412a654c20cd5067cc6eb91ea55

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 3 Gapps ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
MD5sum ----> 963743ed807b81269e036a1a0d17f1bc

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 2 GAPPS ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
MD5sum ----> 7ec7f20e270efc35d70d1eba4408d1ef

3. Help Installing custom rom

Code:
Council had before installing the battery to 100% charge.

A. Copy the file you just downloaded Lucky_Ultra_Sonic_. *. Zip into your microSD.

B. Enter the modified Clockwork Recovery 4.0.1.4 or higher (Current 6.0.1.0 thank you udK).

C. Do yourself a BackUp going to the menu "Backup and Restore" button and choosing the starting of the engine to "BackUp". Ended up back track.

D. Go down the Volume Down button in the menu "Wipe data / factory reset" button and confirm with the starting of the engine. In the new drop down and choose the Yes - delete all user data.

E.Now go back to the main menu and go the menu "Install zip from sdcard".

F. Inside the new menu confirmed on the first line "choose zip from sdcard".

G. Now you must choose and confirm the file "LuckyIcsGsm. *. Zip". Start the installation.

H. Wait for the end of the installation. At the end go back and choose the first menu item "reboot system now".

I. Done now will start as in the first sense. The first course will start a little slower

SECTION Changelog

Beta 5
Code:
1. Fix Bluetooth
2. Fix Ext. Audio (90% or more)
3. Better Incall Audio
4. Better Headset Audio
5. Removed Adrenaline Engine 4.2
6. Fix FMRadio ----> Install Spirit Radio ---> See below on NOTE
7. Other.

Beta 4
Code:
1. New Kernel 
2. Added Overclock and Underclock on new my kernel ----> by Lucky76 (base on github of Ivan)
3. Added other Governor ---> Scary, SavagedZen, interactive, smartass....
4. Added IO scheduler ---> vr e sio
5. Fix bug with Play Sore
6. Other.

Beta 3

Code:
1. Added Bravia Engine --> Test
2. Fix Tethering&Hotspot ---> Thx to ThePoison
3. Fix Giochi ---> Thx to ThePoison
4. Added  Adrenaline Engine 4.2
5. Added APN
6. Adde SpiritRadio ---> solo per TEST
7. Fix USB mount  ----> by Lucky76
8. Other.

Beta 2
Code:
1. Fix Gsensor ---> Thanks ThePoison
2. Fix Market
3. Start with Google Settings
4. Added Nova Launcher
5. Added OI need to serve files
6. Added Root Explore
7. Added Google Search

Beta 1
Code:
1. It starts ... eheheheh
2. Gsm functioning OK
3. Data connection g/3G/H OK
4. GPS OK
5. WiFi OK
6. Fast enough.
7. Others.

SECTION BUGS Hardware & Software.

Software Bugs: :confused:

Bugs Hardware: Camera/VideoCamera....... Other ?!?!?!

NOTE

Spirit Radio

Code:
Enter on Setting...
Region Band ----> EUROPE
Audio Method ----> msm7x30 AscendII
Output Device ----> Headset
Output Mode ----> blend Auto
Plug in your headphones and you can hear FMRadio.

Link Download Spirit Radio ---> Here

DOWNLOAD VARIOUS

GAPPS ICS Google ---> Here

Includes all the Google apps are not in the rom ----> WARNING ---> read below.

Unfortunately due to lack of space in the / system package is not installed so I'm trying to solve with a custom rom ready with at least the main app like Google Playstore.

I made a custom rom with basic applications such as installation of Google when you first start, the market PlayStore google search and disregarding the other because of the limited space we have in the system.
I managed to move some apps that were in system / app data / app recovering some space now we have just about 18 Mb. While about 50 mb for the app still available.
Better than that for the moment I could not do.

Table Memory of Beta 2
Code:
: ~ $ adb shell df
* Daemon not running. [background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]starting it now on port 5037 * [/background]
* Daemon started successfully *
Filesystem Size Used Free blksize
/ Dev 87M 48K 87M 4096
/ Mnt / ASEC 87M 0K 87M 4096
/ Mnt / obb 87M 0K 87M 4096
/ System 17M 186m 168m 4096
/ Date 160M 50M 4096 109 million
/ Cache 1M 63M 61M 4096
/ Cust 1M 20M 18M 4096
/ Data / HWUserData 20M 19M 884K 4096
/ HWUserData 17M 300K 17M 4096
/ Mnt / sdcard 6G 1G 4G 4096
/ Mnt / secure / ASEC 6G 1G 4G 4096

CREDITS

CyanogenMod 9 Team for their great work of sources CM9.... Big Thanks

dsixda for its HTC Android Kitchen

udK for his New Clocwork Recovery mod 6.0.1.0

Ivan19871002 to his base for the c8650 to compile the source cm 9 ---> Here and also for its Kernel

ThePoison for its test and its Fix ---> Red Bug Alone (strictmode)

Bimbomix for its Overclock and Underclcok

All those who try: :D If you really want ......;)

Soon I will publish my github with the basic build, or will a zip for those who want to try a full compile from source.

Bye Lucky.

Last edited:

rezz93

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for your Work

I've been using your rom since Ver 3 and thank you for your contribution.
It has been running pretty well so far but the phone gets slow at times. Probably due to all the programs I put on it.

I have noticed one problem....not sure why it happens. It occurred in the other 2 versions also.
The stock launcher get replaced by Nova or Trebuchet on its own. I go to settings and there is no way to remove the default launcher.
I even used Home Switcher and right now Launcher disappeared on its own...no longer listed in apps or anywhere else. I'll try to get more info if you need it.

You mention CWM ver 6 in your instructions but I have not found it for this phone anywhere. I'm using 4.0.4 now.
Do you recommend the ver 6? If so where can it be downloaded from?

Once again, thank you. I'll keep on flashing and give the ROM a good test.

erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
I've been using your rom since Ver 3 and thank you for your contribution.
It has been running pretty well so far but the phone gets slow at times. Probably due to all the programs I put on it.

I have noticed one problem....not sure why it happens. It occurred in the other 2 versions also.
The stock launcher get replaced by Nova or Trebuchet on its own. I go to settings and there is no way to remove the default launcher.
I even used Home Switcher and right now Launcher disappeared on its own...no longer listed in apps or anywhere else. I'll try to get more info if you need it.

You mention CWM ver 6 in your instructions but I have not found it for this phone anywhere. I'm using 4.0.4 now.
Do you recommend the ver 6? If so where can it be downloaded from?

Once again, thank you. I'll keep on flashing and give the ROM a good test.

Ok this is the link with new recovery 6.0.1.0r1 ---> Here

Flashe this zip file with your recovery.

This is the same recovery but for install you must use adb
http://www.mediafire.com/?l33zzih4tzwvg37

Bye.

Reactions: Poseidonas

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Code:
Enter on Setting...
Region Band ----> EUROPE

Thanks for the mention. :) I now have a customer running this ROM.

Setting Debug-> BC 4330/20780 to "Enable" and reboot the phone if any problem may also help.

The latest free version of Spirit FM is always at the top here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1059296

Not yet posted, but August 14 and later versions should automatlcally set Audio-> Method and the BC 4330...

"Region Band ----> EUROPE" is only for Europe of course. Default is North America.

"Output Device ----> Headset" isn't needed.

"Output Mode ----> blend Auto": does this enable stereo ? The free version is usually Mono, but I may change that.

rezz93

Aug 12, 2012
No sd-ext found

I've had this issue several times while running BETA 5:
I noticed it when doing a backup from CWM.
Also, at times some apps that were moved to the SDCard give error "app not installed".
Rebooting seems to fix the issue with apps missing sometimes.
This somehow seems related to moving apps to SD.....but I'm not experienced enough to be sure.
I have manually created the partitions from CWM and reflashed Beta 5 and the issue still occurs.
I bought a new SD card and installed it yesterday....same problem.

Not sure if this is related to this ROM, my phone U8652, or something I'm doing wrong.

There was also an issue with the launcher that I posted about earlier. I'm running Nova this time and so far that is okay.

Thanks for the link to CWM 6....its installed and working fine on my phone.

erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
JB CM 10 for u8650 ehehehhe

I have compiled and booted CM10 from source...... :D ;) :azz: to solve a few quirks and then we are at the same level of ICS 4.0.4. (i think)

Still too early to publish it so for the moment no download ..

t6rtds.png
2yke5ue.png
15gs3ee.png
122n95i.png
2m5bip1.png
2ilc087.png
wvu5bo.png
1euea.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vampiremak

rezz93

Aug 12, 2012
CM9 and 10

I'm still running CM9 and it is doing fairly well. The camera issue is already known but I have a few issues with my phone freezing/crashing/rebooting at times.

I've tried to retrieve error logs but they contain no info on the crashes. When using droid explorer to view logs gives the following message:

logcat
sh-4.1# logcat
Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory

Log Collector is not much better:

Log Collector version: 1.1.0
Device model: u8650
Firmware version: 4.0.4
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-perf
Ivan@LiGux )
#4 PREEMPT Thu Aug 9 18:49:17 CEST 2012
Build number: cm_u8650-eng 4.0.4 IMM76L eng.luca.20120811.155036 test-keys

Neither is any help. Is there another way to gather info on crashes and other problems?

The ROM generally runs well, even with a lot of apps installed and working the phone pretty hard.

CM 10 sounds great. Looking forward to giving it a try. Thanks.

erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
I'm still running CM9 and it is doing fairly well. The camera issue is already known but I have a few issues with my phone freezing/crashing/rebooting at times.

I've tried to retrieve error logs but they contain no info on the crashes. When using droid explorer to view logs gives the following message:

Log Collector is not much better:

Neither is any help. Is there another way to gather info on crashes and other problems?

The ROM generally runs well, even with a lot of apps installed and working the phone pretty hard.

CM 10 sounds great. Looking forward to giving it a try. Thanks.

Hi

We see if can optimize ram and fix th Foto Video Camera.

The crash there are for the memory.

nbhnohome

Aug 8, 2009
Seattle
Capacitive Buttons wont Lit up

Hi guys,
Beta 5 is running smoothly on my Prism except for the Capacitive Buttons that refuse to Light Up. Anyone here is facing the same issue and is there a work around for it ?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I enable Auto Brightness and it's back to work

Last edited:

CommeRestus

Mar 25, 2012
hi,

i have beta 5, and it is great. But im using in my Huawei Ideos X3 (U8510) since the roms are compatible each other. But the phone is way too slow, now that i have my apps installed. The launcher takes more than 5 sec to appear if i leave an app. Can something be done in order to improve performance?

ekstrom79

Dec 17, 2010
hi,

i have beta 5, and it is great. But im using in my Huawei Ideos X3 (U8510) since the roms are compatible each other. But the phone is way too slow, now that i have my apps installed. The launcher takes more than 5 sec to appear if i leave an app. Can something be done in order to improve performance?

hey is there any progress of this rom? i had my sonic for a short time and looking for rom that works good and stabel and i live in sweden so need swedisch are this rom stil under development?

jurigo

Sep 29, 2009
... Ext. Audio (90%), better incall Audio and Headset Audio.

Using Beta 5, and i'm really satisfied with ROM, but - InCall audio is still too low...(is loud when on speakerppfone or handsfree). External (back side) & headphone (plugged in) audio is loud and awesome in any way. How to increase InCall Audio volume more? I tried looking in build.props, but no luck or i missed it.

TNX

P.S. ES FileExplorer won't work in Root mode (Settings > Root settings > Root Explorer) - I enable it, su gives root permission (says granted), and then "Sorry, test failed, this feature cannot run on your phone"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CM9 LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4​

Vodafone Sonic Huawei u8650

by Lucky76​

BETA 5​

29yjajb.jpg

READ THIS FIRST LINES FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT. THANKS

WARNING as always I take no responsibility for any of your brick * Vodafone Sonic, then these steps at your own risk, and I recommend you perform these steps only after being certain that you understand what you do and understand their meaning .
    Any operating errors may jeopardize the use of your smartphone by requiring you to send him Service Repair.

* BRICK . make your phone like a brick, that is something useless except as a paperweight.

This is my first custom rom compiled from the source of CyanogenMod 9 ICS 4.0.4 updated to 20/07/2012.

New rom compiled on 01-08-2012 with fix mount USB from source.

New rom compiled on 08-08-2012 and new kernel with Overclock and Underclock.

New rom compiled on 11-08-2012 with Fix Bluetooth and Ext. Audio (90%), better incall Audio and Headset Audio. Fix FMRadio with Spirit Radio see below on NOTE

Based on the github reposity of Ivan19871002 for Sonic c8650 CDMA ---> Here and completely restored to our Sonic u8650 GSM with the kernel always of LiGux Ivan @ # 5.

ATTENTION

The rom is the first beta because it has some bugs and problems to be solved ....... So if you want a stable ROM for daily use does not install it there are many custom rom stable. This is intended only for the moment for those who want to make the TEST with ICS.

Help Installing custom rom LuckyIcsGsm

I always recommend before you start to have the battery charged to 100%.

1. A fundamental requirement to install this custom rom

the presence of modified Clockwork Recovery 4.0.1.4 or higher (currently 6.0.1.0 thx udK).

2. Download Link LuckyIcsGsm

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 5 Gapps ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
    MD5sum ----> f2f894116d2ee1e9319648a6a0733b3d

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 4 Gapps ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
    MD5sum ----> b8e22412a654c20cd5067cc6eb91ea55

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 3 Gapps ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
    MD5sum ----> 963743ed807b81269e036a1a0d17f1bc

LuckyIcsGsm 4.0.4 Beta 2 GAPPS ----> Here -----> Recommended All Wipe
    MD5sum ----> 7ec7f20e270efc35d70d1eba4408d1ef

3. Help Installing custom rom

Code:
    Council had before installing the battery to 100% charge.

A. Copy the file you just downloaded Lucky_Ultra_Sonic_. *. Zip into your microSD.

B. Enter the modified Clockwork Recovery 4.0.1.4 or higher (Current 6.0.1.0 thank you udK).

C. Do yourself a BackUp going to the menu "Backup and Restore" button and choosing the starting of the engine to "BackUp". Ended up back track.

D. Go down the Volume Down button in the menu "Wipe data / factory reset" button and confirm with the starting of the engine. In the new drop down and choose the Yes - delete all user data.

E.Now go back to the main menu and go the menu "Install zip from sdcard".

F. Inside the new menu confirmed on the first line "choose zip from sdcard".

G. Now you must choose and confirm the file "LuckyIcsGsm. *. Zip". Start the installation.

H. Wait for the end of the installation. At the end go back and choose the first menu item "reboot system now".

I. Done now will start as in the first sense. The first course will start a little slower

SECTION Changelog

Beta 5
    Code:
    1. Fix Bluetooth
    2. Fix Ext. Audio (90% or more)
    3. Better Incall Audio
    4. Better Headset Audio
    5. Removed Adrenaline Engine 4.2
    6. Fix FMRadio ----> Install Spirit Radio ---> See below on NOTE
    7. Other.

Beta 4
    Code:
    1. New Kernel 
    2. Added Overclock and Underclock on new my kernel ----> by Lucky76 (base on github of Ivan)
    3. Added other Governor ---> Scary, SavagedZen, interactive, smartass....
    4. Added IO scheduler ---> vr e sio
    5. Fix bug with Play Sore
    6. Other.

Beta 3

Code:
    1. Added Bravia Engine --> Test
    2. Fix Tethering&Hotspot ---> Thx to ThePoison
    3. Fix Giochi ---> Thx to ThePoison
    4. Added  Adrenaline Engine 4.2
    5. Added APN
    6. Adde SpiritRadio ---> solo per TEST
    7. Fix USB mount  ----> by Lucky76
    8. Other.

Beta 2
    Code:
    1. Fix Gsensor ---> Thanks ThePoison
    2. Fix Market
    3. Start with Google Settings
    4. Added Nova Launcher
    5. Added OI need to serve files
    6. Added Root Explore
    7. Added Google Search

Beta 1
    Code:
    1. It starts ... eheheheh
    2. Gsm functioning OK
    3. Data connection g/3G/H OK
    4. GPS OK
    5. WiFi OK
    6. Fast enough.
    7. Others.

SECTION BUGS Hardware & Software.

Software Bugs: :confused:

Bugs Hardware: Camera/VideoCamera....... Other ?!?!?!

NOTE

Spirit Radio

Code:
    Enter on Setting...
    Region Band ----> EUROPE

Link Download Spirit Radio ---> Here

DOWNLOAD VARIOUS

GAPPS ICS Google ---> Here

Includes all the Google apps are not in the rom ----> WARNING ---> read below.

Unfortunately due to lack of space in the / system package is not installed so I'm trying to solve with a custom rom ready with at least the main app like Google Playstore.

I made a custom rom with basic applications such as installation of Google when you first start, the market PlayStore google search and disregarding the other because of the limited space we have in the system.
    I managed to move some apps that were in system / app data / app recovering some space now we have just about 18 Mb. While about 50 mb for the app still available.
    Better than that for the moment I could not do.

Table Memory of Beta 2
    Code:
    : ~ $ adb shell df
    * Daemon not running. [background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]starting it now on port 5037 * [/background]
    * Daemon started successfully *
    Filesystem Size Used Free blksize
    / Dev 87M 48K 87M 4096
    / Mnt / ASEC 87M 0K 87M 4096
    / Mnt / obb 87M 0K 87M 4096
    / System 17M 186m 168m 4096
    / Date 160M 50M 4096 109 million
    / Cache 1M 63M 61M 4096
    / Cust 1M 20M 18M 4096
    / Data / HWUserData 20M 19M 884K 4096
    / HWUserData 17M 300K 17M 4096
    / Mnt / sdcard 6G 1G 4G 4096
    / Mnt / secure / ASEC 6G 1G 4G 4096

CREDITS

CyanogenMod 9 Team for their great work of sources CM9.... Big Thanks

dsixda for its HTC Android Kitchen

udK for his New Clocwork Recovery mod 6.0.1.0

Ivan19871002 to his base for the c8650 to compile the source cm 9 ---> Here and also for its Kernel

ThePoison for its test and its Fix ---> Red Bug Alone (strictmode)

Bimbomix for its Overclock and Underclcok

All those who try: :D If you really want ......;)

Soon I will publish my github with the basic build, or will a zip for those who want to try a full compile from source.

Bye Lucky.

Is ready for download new Beta 4......;)
    Bye
    Ready for download new Beta 5.....

Bluetooth fixed.

Bye
    Close to a camera fix? I use this on my girlfriend And brothers phone, great rom. They have the Att Fusion U8652 though :p

Thank you....

I hope to fix camera soon...... for u8652 is all OK?

What change from u8650 to u8652?

Bye Bownz.
    Thank you....

I hope to fix camera soon...... for u8652 is all OK?

What change from u8650 to u8652?

Bye Bownz.

All is okay. u8652 is just like the u8650 except it's a prepaid ATT Gophone.