83.5 KB · Views: 688
  • OKhdc.jpg
    OKhdc.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:

bellino13

Oct 14, 2011
Tampa
That's pretty awesome, man. Would it be difficult to add a port at the base of the cradle to get a charger cable through? :good:

dsmboost

Oct 5, 2011
USA
I personally wouldn't buy one..but I definitely think it's a cool idea and it looks really good. I could see people buying it.

r00t4rd3d

Hey guys, first off I just do this for fun and gifts for friends. I am not looking to set up shop or anything. Legally I dont think I could sell them without getting heat from Google lawyers.

@bellino13, Incorporating a USB plug into my designs is in the works. Still trying to figure out the best way to achieve that. A lose or wobbly plug is something I want to avoid.

@ZepRider, The next stand I make I am going to paint it. Black main body, green robot, white lettering, etc. I am old school and even though Oak is pain in the ass to work with, its my favorite, easily obtainable hardwood. If anyone on the West coast wants to send me a sweet piece of redwood or mahogany, I can pm you my address :D

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Very nice work. I love it. I am an Oak wood fan as it is so strong and durable. Something I have done with oak a long time ago and I thought it turned out nice (rather than painting it) I would suggest get some ebony stain to apply to it. Makes it a nice black finish but keeps the grain and looks of he oak. Keep us informed about this as I really love the idea. If you do ever Decide to sell them (even unofficially) let me know via PM. I would buy one unfinished even. The speaker stand looks awesome...

Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Spiderman Themed AOKP or Spiderman Themed CM10

Reactions: j510

eibbor82

Jan 7, 2013
Looks really good! I see it's been awhile since your last post. Any updated pics to share? :)

bailey37821

Sep 21, 2012
Great work!!!
I am assuming you found a favorite speaker set you like to use in your pers. one. I am curious what you went with there?

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I see your dillema with the built in power. Which brings to mind; I can not believe a cable manufacturer has not made an "L" plug yet. It would seem like a logical step and would open the doors to better designed phone holders with power. Am I wrong and they are out there someplace?

wrs223

Dec 30, 2012
I don't know why an L cable hasn't been manufactured either!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Apr 26, 2012
Houston
www.ps3hax.net
Pm me with address please

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Need it to fit HTC vivid. Thanks.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thoughts and ideas?
    Very nice work. I love it. I am an Oak wood fan as it is so strong and durable. Something I have done with oak a long time ago and I thought it turned out nice (rather than painting it) I would suggest get some ebony stain to apply to it. Makes it a nice black finish but keeps the grain and looks of he oak. Keep us informed about this as I really love the idea. If you do ever Decide to sell them (even unofficially) let me know via PM. I would buy one unfinished even. The speaker stand looks awesome...

Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Spiderman Themed AOKP or Spiderman Themed CM10