[Android 2.3+] GoneMAD Music Player

Search This thread

GoneMADSoftware

Oct 18, 2011
Edit: The $0.99 sale is now over. Thanks to anyone who purchased it!

Hey all. I've been working on my music player like over the last 7 months and have finally finished the next major update. To celebrate I am also putting it on sale for $0.99 through March 2nd.

I started GMMP back in the gingerbread days so the UI and a lot of the code was out of date so I spent a good chunk of time switching over to fragments and refactoring the codebase. I ended up making the decision to drop support for below 2.3 (I was supporting back to 1.6 and it was a huge pain). The feature list is massive so I wont list them all here. The play store link has an almost full list of all the capabilities.

GoneMAD Music Player

GoneMAD Music Player Unlocker

GMMP Skins

Screenshots and Full Changelog

w4E8M03vHNDr795irYo38KCBZYojKQb5CRA4YKtz1ya3dMKIQ3LrYJhfzmjFvYKug4up=h900-rw

Summary of major changes:

• Major UI improvements. The UI should now be smoother and more responsive
  • Added swiping between views (right bezel swipe only in now playing to allow for gestures)
  • Added tablet optimized layouts
  • Replaced Equalizer tab with a new Effects tab
  • Added playback speed control with auto pitch correction (pitch correction only available on ARMv7/x86 devices)
  • Added virtualizer and bass boost
  • Added the ability to select the font size, font style, number of lines, display style, and text alignment for each metadata line in now playing
  • Added ARMv7 optimized build

Anyway, as always I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited:
B

bachera

which headset would you recommend for utilizing the extra option like double click longpress?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

GoneMADSoftware

Oct 18, 2011
which headset would you recommend for utilizing the extra option like double click longpress?

Its not a feature i ever use so I just have the stock headphones that came with my s3. But its probably better to find a headset with more than just the single button because I'm fairly certain Google Now ends up stealing priority over any long press of the single button (the feature was written ages ago before google now so there are no issues on devices without google now). If the headset had 3 buttons (play/pause, next, prev), the double click long press to next/previous should not get intercepted

B

bachera

Its not a feature i ever use so I just have the stock headphones that came with my s3. But its probably better to find a headset with more than just the single button because I'm fairly certain Google Now ends up stealing priority over any long press of the single button (the feature was written ages ago before google now so there are no issues on devices without google now). If the headset had 3 buttons (play/pause, next, prev), the double click long press to next/previous should not get intercepted

yeah I figured as much for google now so I deleted it. Might be a good idea to add that info in a popup when trying to change the setting. Solves some frustration for the unsavy\unknowing lol.

the next is double click. it doesnt do anything indeed. The thriple click longpress also doesnt on stock lg g2 headphones (triple button, volume up, next\pause and volume down).

Considering the value added functionality, maybe you can ask users to give feedback and add a compatability chart of headsets with which this functionality works. You would be the first ;) Not sure if I saw a message saying changing that may or may not work.

Must be good headphones with the s3.

I have the lg g2, the sound is way better with your app on aosp roms lol then appolo. without changing any settings. Which is freaking awesome!

thanks for the app and the sale.

Why gonemad name btw?

GoneMADSoftware

Oct 18, 2011
yeah I figured as much for google now so I deleted it. Might be a good idea to add that info in a popup when trying to change the setting. Solves some frustration for the unsavy\unknowing lol.

the next is double click. it doesnt do anything indeed. The thriple click longpress also doesnt on stock lg g2 headphones (triple button, volume up, next\pause and volume down).

Considering the value added functionality, maybe you can ask users to give feedback and add a compatability chart of headsets with which this functionality works. You would be the first ;) Not sure if I saw a message saying changing that may or may not work.

Must be good headphones with the s3.

I have the lg g2, the sound is way better with your app on aosp roms lol then appolo. without changing any settings. Which is freaking awesome!

thanks for the app and the sale.

Why gonemad name btw?

I try to notify the user as best i can for different incompatibilities but there are just so many (and many hard to predict which devices have it). The audio compatibility was originally put in years ago due to 1.6-2.2 devices not all containing the correct libraries to support some features. GMMP development started right when gingerbread came out so it supported back to 1.6. Almost all devices 2.3+ have the required libraries so the chart should show yes for basically everything

double / triple click definitely should work (there are a lot of users who depend on this and would cause a fit if I had broken it with an update). From testing experience if you click too fast the headset only sends a single click message to the phone.. so try clicking a little slower (i wanna say you have about 500 ms after the first click to click a second time for it to register as a double click)

the name gonemad was my online alias/handle for the last 15 years and i tended to use it when naming personal projects. GMMP just happened to be the only one i ever made public. There definitely was no naming conflicts / trademark issues with it and doing a google search on it doesnt really bring up too many unrelated results.. so i just went with it

B

bachera

cool. thanks! That explains Gonemad, cool name then.

I tried slower in different gradations, I will need to try better.

Love the customizations and it works straight out the box.

Might be nice to make it the default app for music. I also tried on stock, but all including bluetooth starting music triggers stock app. Havent figured it out yet.

GoneMADSoftware

Oct 18, 2011
cool. thanks! That explains Gonemad, cool name then.

I tried slower in different gradations, I will need to try better.

Love the customizations and it works straight out the box.

Might be nice to make it the default app for music. I also tried on stock, but all including bluetooth starting music triggers stock app. Havent figured it out yet.

thats the stock app stealing focus.. assuming you still have the GMMP music service running, it registers as the sole receiver of media intents (bluetooth commands). LG most likely overrides that to send commands to their player first. You might have to disable/freeze the stock player to allow GMMP to receive the commands

B

bachera

thats the stock app stealing focus.. assuming you still have the GMMP music service running, it registers as the sole receiver of media intents (bluetooth commands). LG most likely overrides that to send commands to their player first. You might have to disable/freeze the stock player to allow GMMP to receive the commands

awesome, thanks

thescorpion

Mar 13, 2011
I went and purchased the app and i most say it sounds and plays realy good , i realy like it

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

RotePappkiste

Jun 11, 2010
Playback Settings

Hi,

I changed from Power AMP to GMP. Thanks for your work.

I have got one question for the following scenario:

For Example : I am playing the last song of the album "1" of artist "A". After finishing it I want the player to automatically start playing album "2" of Artist "A". After playing the last song of the last album of artist "A" I want the player automatically start playing album "1" of artist "B" and so on.

I do not want to creat a playlist or something similar.

Is this possible and if how? I searched but can not find.

Thanks for the answer.

packyman

Jul 12, 2011
germany
I use the GoneMAD music player (GMMP)....
If I enable splitscreen on my Joying PX5 FYT Android 8.0 with GMMP and Sygic or navigon, only the focused app is refreshing his display output. hope you understand?
is sygic active, so the GoneMAD Player is frozen.... is the player active, so the sygic display is frozen... is this a GMMP fault?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: The $0.99 sale is now over. Thanks to anyone who purchased it!

Hey all. I've been working on my music player like over the last 7 months and have finally finished the next major update. To celebrate I am also putting it on sale for $0.99 through March 2nd.

I started GMMP back in the gingerbread days so the UI and a lot of the code was out of date so I spent a good chunk of time switching over to fragments and refactoring the codebase. I ended up making the decision to drop support for below 2.3 (I was supporting back to 1.6 and it was a huge pain). The feature list is massive so I wont list them all here. The play store link has an almost full list of all the capabilities.

GoneMAD Music Player

GoneMAD Music Player Unlocker

GMMP Skins

Screenshots and Full Changelog

w4E8M03vHNDr795irYo38KCBZYojKQb5CRA4YKtz1ya3dMKIQ3LrYJhfzmjFvYKug4up=h900-rw

Summary of major changes:

• Major UI improvements. The UI should now be smoother and more responsive
    • Added swiping between views (right bezel swipe only in now playing to allow for gestures)
    • Added tablet optimized layouts
    • Replaced Equalizer tab with a new Effects tab
    • Added playback speed control with auto pitch correction (pitch correction only available on ARMv7/x86 devices)
    • Added virtualizer and bass boost
    • Added the ability to select the font size, font style, number of lines, display style, and text alignment for each metadata line in now playing
    • Added ARMv7 optimized build

Anyway, as always I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks!
    Wath are the difderences according too poweramp i am using now ?

GMMP has basically all of the features of poweramp plus a few others (smart playlists being the big one) and tons more customization (although poweramp does have gmmp beat when it comes to widget customization)