[Q] About CID and MID

Search This thread

me.aakash

Mar 16, 2014
just curious to know,

can someone please tell me what does changing CID and MID do.....and/or why people to change them.....

in general i just want to know what is the use of changing them....thanx

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Cid is carrier id, and mid is model id. They are used for identification and protection purposes. Most all files you flash have an android info file which gets checked against your mid and cid. If they do not match, the file will not flash to prevent posible damage.Mostly people change them in order to flash roms or software not really intended for their phone. Some people also change cid in order to recieve an ota not yet available on their carrier, or to switch their phones to be a google play edition phone. Unless your positive what your doing, you shouldn't mess with either.

me.aakash

Mar 16, 2014
Cid is carrier id, and mid is model id. They are used for identification and protection purposes. Most all files you flash have an android info file which gets checked against your mid and cid. If they do not match, the file will not flash to prevent posible damage.Mostly people change them in order to flash roms or software not really intended for their phone. Some people also change cid in order to recieve an ota not yet available on their carrier, or to switch their phones to be a google play edition phone. Unless your positive what your doing, you shouldn't mess with either.
thanks i have read many threads since i have bricked my device....and in each thread( or in maximum ones i have seen) you have given the satisfactory solution......must say you are doing a great job :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.