[OFFICIAL]AxxionKat ROM[Linaro]

Search This thread

Buscador

Jun 10, 2006
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
I flashed this a few hours ago on my E970. VERY impressive for a first release. I particularly like the Crimson mode. It matches nicely to the red and black "theme" of my phone, which matches my company colors. It does not look very good in People or Phone right now, but it will be the perfect theme when TRDS is implemented. Could you please tell me the hex or RGB values for the Crimson Mode, so that I can tweak the colors of some of my other elements to match?

If this ROM proves to be stable and good on battery, and development continues, I'll be using it as my DD and making a donation. Great work, guys. Here's my feedback so far:

Since my phone is Geeb, I flashed the GlitchMOD Geeb kernel. I would have like to use Matr1x-Linaro but there is not a modded version for Geeb.

Here's are the issues I have found:

1. There are duplicate options available when I select Mobile Networks--I get the default apps selector showing Network Settings, com.android.phone twice. The first one displays the usual options. The second has only Subscriptions settings, Data enabled, and Data roaming. If you click on on Subscription settings, you get a screen that shows the other normal options, but with tons of selections for the Preferred network type. Not sure if this is actually a bug, or intentional.
  2. When you resize PIE, the button icons are distorted.
  3. Crimson Mode in Settings is in a bold font while all other items are in a normal weight font.
  4. There is a typo in Halo settings under Halo color: "Defines how color Halo is going to be" should be "Defines what color Halo is going to be"
  5. Halo is not working. I have it enabled in settings, but when I click the button in the notification screen, nothing happens, and notifications are not opening in Halo.
  6. Expanded Desktop is grayed out under Settings > Buttons > Power Menu.
  7. I am unable to add a Skype account under Settings > Accounts. When I select Skype, it just goes back to the main Settings screen.
  8. Every time I reboot, the nav bar turns on and has to be toggled in Settings to turn it off.
That's it for actual suspected bugs. Now for a few hopes/wishes/suggestions for the future. Of course, I don't expect you to make these changes just because I want them, but I'd be interested to know if any of them are in your future plans.

1. An option to change PIE outline &/or background color--or if you make this part of the Crimson Mode, even better. I normally set this to a red outline with white icons on ROMs that have this ability, or when using LMT.
  2. Voice search as a PIE option.
  3. OmniSwitch
  4. Slim Recents
  5. Network speeds shown in status bar
  6. A QS tile for Stay awake, or add Never as an option on the screen timeout tile
  7. A QS tile or Power Menu option for Screen Record
  8. Show current Access Point next to network name on notification screen
  9. Allow custom network name on notification screen
  10. It would be cool if the boot image was crimson rather than orange, but that is really low on the importance list.
Thanks for a great new ROM.

Reactions: nchc and likwidkool

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
@Buscador
Wow man, that's an impressive review.

That's a mistake from CM, forgot to merge the revert.
Nice one
That's intended
My partner speaks bad English :p
Alright
Hmm, we'll look into it
Doesn't happen here, weird. Log?

Thanks man.

True, agreed. I'll see what we can do.
Alright
That's a maybe.
That'll be in next release, using it now.
Alright.
Sure, we can figure that out.
Alright.
Sure.
Yeah, same here.

That'll all come in in future builds.

Thanks dude

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buscador

siracuervo

Feb 14, 2014
Buenos Aires
I flashed this a few hours ago on my E970. VERY impressive for a first release. I particularly like the Crimson mode. It matches nicely to the red and black "theme" of my phone, which matches my company colors. It does not look very good in People or Phone right now, but it will be the perfect theme when TRDS is implemented. Could you please tell me the hex or RGB values for the Crimson Mode, so that I can tweak the colors of some of my other elements to match?

If this ROM proves to be stable and good on battery, and development continues, I'll be using it as my DD and making a donation. Great work, guys. Here's my feedback so far:

Since my phone is Geeb, I flashed the GlitchMOD Geeb kernel. I would have like to use Matr1x-Linaro but there is not a modded version for Geeb.

Here's are the issues I have found:

1. There are duplicate options available when I select Mobile Networks--I get the default apps selector showing Network Settings, com.android.phone twice. The first one displays the usual options. The second has only Subscriptions settings, Data enabled, and Data roaming. If you click on on Subscription settings, you get a screen that shows the other normal options, but with tons of selections for the Preferred network type. Not sure if this is actually a bug, or intentional.
  2. When you resize PIE, the button icons are distorted.
  3. Crimson Mode in Settings is in a bold font while all other items are in a normal weight font.
  4. There is a typo in Halo settings under Halo color: "Defines how color Halo is going to be" should be "Defines what color Halo is going to be"
  5. Halo is not working. I have it enabled in settings, but when I click the button in the notification screen, nothing happens, and notifications are not opening in Halo.
  6. Expanded Desktop is grayed out under Settings > Buttons > Power Menu.
  7. I am unable to add a Skype account under Settings > Accounts. When I select Skype, it just goes back to the main Settings screen.
  8. Every time I reboot, the nav bar turns on and has to be toggled in Settings to turn it off.
That's it for actual suspected bugs. Now for a few hopes/wishes/suggestions for the future. Of course, I don't expect you to make these changes just because I want them, but I'd be interested to know if any of them are in your future plans.

1. An option to change PIE outline &/or background color--or if you make this part of the Crimson Mode, even better. I normally set this to a red outline with white icons on ROMs that have this ability, or when using LMT.
  2. Voice search as a PIE option.
  3. OmniSwitch
  4. Slim Recents
  5. Network speeds shown in status bar
  6. A QS tile for Stay awake, or add Never as an option on the screen timeout tile
  7. A QS tile or Power Menu option for Screen Record
  8. Show current Access Point next to network name on notification screen
  9. Allow custom network name on notification screen
  10. It would be cool if the boot image was crimson rather than orange, but that is really low on the importance list.
Thanks for a great new ROM.

1. Cm mistake
2. hm, thanks for noticing
3. Intended
4. I did not write it, I just was written like this... Anyways I will change it
5. HALO works here.
6. That's because you did not enable it I think
7. Weird, it doesn't happen with other accounts.
8. That's because you are using Xposed :p
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. We will look at it
2. Maybe
3. Sure
4. Added
5. Sure
6. 75% sure
7. We don't have screen recorder yet, so when we have it, we'll add that
8. If you mean The WiFi SSID, sure
9. Hm, that's is a dispute between us, but it isn't very important right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the "review", I love when people request features :D :D

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
I was using the camera today at a family function And the screen went blank and there was no response to the screen or keys. I held power for about 30 seconds and rebooted. Not sure if its because I have aosp camera and Google camera installed?? I haven't made any kernel changes other then changing the governor to Wheatley and power save bias to 1.

Sent from my LG-gee using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
I was using the camera today at a family function And the screen went blank and there was no response to the screen or keys. I held power for about 30 seconds and rebooted. Not sure if its because I have aosp camera and Google camera installed?? I haven't made any kernel changes other then changing the governor to Wheatley and power save bias to 1.

Camera works here, Google play updates to AOSP camera to Google camera by default for me.

Are you geeb?

(btw, powersave bias is 1-1000, 1 will do nothing lol, I put it to 200)

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
1. Cm mistake
2. hm, thanks for noticing
3. Intended
4. I did not write it, I just was written like this... Anyways I will change it
5. HALO works here.
6. That's because you did not enable it I think
7. Weird, it doesn't happen with other accounts.
8. That's because you are using Xposed :p
1. We will look at it
2. Maybe
3. Sure
4. Added
5. Sure
6. 75% sure
7. We don't have screen recorder yet, so when we have it, we'll add that
8. If you mean The WiFi SSID, sure
9. Hm, that's is a dispute between us, but it isn't very important right now.

Thanks for the "review", I love when people request features :D :D

^ say hello to my partner everyone! :D

Also, found this, someone said the sync issue is because of cm and fix is here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2064859

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
Camera works here, Google play updates to AOSP camera to Google camera by default for me.

Are you geeb?

(btw, powersave bias is 1-1000, 1 will do nothing lol, I put it to 200)

I'm on gee. I have two cameras. Aosp and Google camera. I used banks minimal. I believe full gapps replace aosp but I hate all the extra apps!

Thanks about the power save bias. I only first tried it when I read your tips. I thought it was just a 0 was off and 1 was on. D'oh! lol

Everything else works great so far. Battery hasn't been great but I only flashed last night. I usually give a couple days to settle. Thanks for your hard work!!

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
I'm on gee. I have two cameras. Aosp and Google camera. I used banks minimal. I believe full gapps replace aosp but I hate all the extra apps!

Thanks about the power save bias. I only first tried it when I read your tips. I thought it was just a 0 was off and 1 was on. D'oh! lol

Everything else works great so far. Battery hasn't been great but I only flashed last night. I usually give a couple days to settle. Thanks for your hard work!!

They say 300 is good for battery and performance, past that you'll experience lag.
The rom has a built-in system app remover in settings>advanced, so you can flash the full, and get rid of the extra.

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
Oh OK cool. Thanks!
And I didn't see that app remover. Good stuff. I will do that!

Buscador

Jun 10, 2006
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Since I am not a ROM developer, and I'm too broke to donate at the moment, I am happy to help in the only way I can--with testing and bug reports. In case there was any confusion, let me be very clear that I was not requesting those features be added. That would be a very arrogant thing to do, especially on a free product like this where you guys are very generously spending a lot of your time to benefit us all. I was very impressed by how well thought out this ROM is, so I was just trying to find out to what degree your future plans coincided with my "wants" so I would know if this was the ROM I should stick with, and it certainly sounds as if they do. I also thought that other users would be interested in this information. I have tried literally every 4.4 ROM I have encountered for the LGOG. This is unusual for me--I usually try a few ROMs when I get a new phone, find one I like, and stick with it. I just have not been able to find one for this phone that I was happy with, or when I was, the dev broke his phone and stopped development while it still had bugs.

Regarding Halo, I JUST managed to get it working by tapping all around the icon in the notification drawer--even more so than I did yesterday. I have to tap well to the left to get it to work, but it does.

For Skype, I logged into the app and it automatically added itself to the accounts list. I have manually added the account in other ROMs, but I'd say that it is nothing to worry about since this way works just fine, also.

Siracuervo, you are correct about my not having specifically enabled immersive mode, but that is because I could not find anywhere to do so. I don't actually use it, I was just trying to give you guys a thorough report.

Siracuervo, thanks for the lead about the nav bar issue being related to Xposed. Your comment gave me the info I needed to track it down. It is specifically due to Gravity Box. I had not been using it with most ROMs, but reinstalled it in order to get the network speeds in the status bar and a couple of other features like power saving mode and screen record in the power menu. Presumably, I could also use it to get PIE looking like I want, but I prefer to use the version built into the ROM, especially since that helps me report any "undocumented features." Sounds as if I'll be able to do away with Gravity Box again at some point in the future, anyway.

Could one of you you please tell me the color values you use for the crimson?

Once again, thanks for the great work.

Last edited:

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Since I am not a ROM developer, and I'm too broke to donate at the moment, I am happy to help in the only way I can--with testing and bug reports. In case there was any confusion, let me be very clear that I was not requesting those features be added. That would be a very arrogant thing to do, especially on a free product like this where you guys are very generously spending a lot of your time to benefit us all. I was very impressed by how well thought out this ROM is, so I was just trying to find out to what degree your future plans coincided with my "wants" so I would know if this was the ROM I should stick with, and it certainly sounds as if they do. I also thought that other users would be interested in this information. I have tried literally every 4.4 ROM I have encountered for the LGOG. This is unusual for me--I usually try a few ROMs when I get a new phone, find one I like, and stick with it. I just have not been able to find one for this phone that I was happy with, or when I was, the dev broke his phone and stopped development while it still had bugs.

Regarding Halo, I JUST managed to get it working by tapping all around the icon in the notification drawer--even more so than I did yesterday. I have to tap well to the left to get it to work, but it does.

For Skype, I logged into the app and it automatically added itself to the accounts list. I have manually added the account in other ROMs, but I'd say that it is nothing to worry about since this way works just fine, also.

Siracuervo, you are correct about my not having specifically enabled immersive mode, but that is because I could not find anywhere to do so. I don't actually use it, I was just trying to give you guys a thorough report.

Siracuervo, thanks for the lead about the nav bar issue being related to Xposed. Your comment gave me the info I needed to track it down. It is specifically due to Gravity Box. I had not been using it with most ROMs, but reinstalled it in order to get the network speeds in the status bar and a couple of other features like power saving mode and screen record in the power menu. Presumably, I could also use it to get PIE looking like I want, but I prefer to use the version built into the ROM, especially since that helps me report any "undocumented features." Sounds as if I'll be able to do away with Gravity Box again at some point in the future, anyway.

Could one of you you please tell me the color values you use for the crimson?

Once again, thanks for the great work.

This might help you, https://github.com/AxxionKat/androi...-11.0/core/res/res/values-inverted/colors.xml
Go to the middle, and you'll see the color codes for everything, that the 8 digit one, for hex codes, it's mostly #FF0000, Might also want to check out https://github.com/Hellybean

WESTdad

Sep 29, 2012
Ardmore
I came over to this from Vanir and I am loving it! Awesome job right out of the gate! Yeah it doesn't have all of the options of Vanir but it is the first release. Thanks again! I'm running this on e970 AT&T with matrix linaro mod.

Reactions: ThatKawaiiGuy

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
I came over to this from Vanir and I am loving it! Awesome job right out of the gate! Yeah it doesn't have all of the options of Vanir but it is the first release. Thanks again! I'm running this on e970 AT&T with matrix linaro mod.

Thanks! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it!

Reactions: WESTdad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Built with LINARO 4.9.1
    Hey Guys! Finally, Release date has arrived for AxxionKat, You all know how much My partner @siracuervo and I have worked on this, and how proud we are of it :)
    So, First goes first of course, We are NOT responsible if your phone expodes or cause something bad like you lose your high score, if something does happen, we will all ty our best to help you out of it.
    It's YOUR device, and YOU choose what you do with it.
    If you have an error, please attach a logcat to it as it becomes easier to fix.

(Kernel in second post)

Now the Good Stuff!
    ROM FEATURES
    • Built with LINARO 4.9.1
    • SlimPIE (FIrst on a Fully CM Based Rom)
    • CPU Freq QS Tile
    • QuickSettings
    • HALO
    • MultiWindow
    • Exclusive CRIMSON Mode
    • CM11 Theme Engine
    • Nav Bar Editor
    • Notification Backround
    • Notification Transparency
    • Customizable Status Bar
    • System App Remover
    • WakeLock Blocker
    • HOVER
    • HALO
    • Heads Up & Customizations
    • SLIMRecents
    • Custom ProgressBar
    • Network Traffic Meter
    • Lockscreen Notifications
    • CPU Info
    • Lockscreen Theme
    • LockScreen WallPaper
    • And many many more...

ChangeLog
    ChangeLoggie

Flash Instructions
    1. Download ROM and GAPPS
    2. Boot into Recovery
    3. Flash Rom
    4. Flash GAPPS
    5. Boot into Le Axxion
    (If you have SetupWizard Issues, Flash ROM, boot up, get past the Wizard (You shall not pass), and reboot into recovery and then flash GAPPS

Downloads
    GAPPS Here
    GEE ROM
    *If you have GEEB flash GEE Rom and flash GEEB kernel afterwards

Enjoy ;)

Bugs/Glitches
    Halo is hard to activate sometimes since it "hides" behind + button of QS
    Tell me if you got any

Remember, we are just 2 devs, spending our time in this, absolutely free, so please, donate, we appreciate it a lot, and it'll go towards all the deving we both do.
    PLEASE Donate here

Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod
    Paranoid Android
    CRDroid
    Resurrection Remix
    SlimRoms
    Lego
    HellyBean
    Cl3kener
    DrDevs
    Anyone we forgot

XDA:DevDB Information
    AxxionKat, ROM for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
    ThatKawaiiGuy, siracuervo
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-05-17
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    Guys, I'm leaving Optimus G, I have upgraded to the HTC One M8, I'm sad to announce my departure.

It was an honor to provide you guys with my own project (with my partner of course) and see your feedback.

You've encouraged me to develop and continue to pursue my dream.

Thanks.
    I will continue to build Axxion, but will not be able to test it.

Thanks for all your support.
    It's hard to say good bye to you guys.
    We have begun merging CM12, going good so far :)
    Here, this is the host for now until DrDevs is back, CrackFlasher
    Here
    Enjoy! I'll update OP with it!
    Remember guys, I know this update was delayed, but it's all a free service. We greatly appreciate all donations we receive. So please, don't hesitate to give some.

It has flip to dismiss and Non-intrusive btw
    Guys, this build will be delayed as we are merging 4.4.3, hope you guys can understand. Sorry