[ROM][4.4.2 TW KitKat][GT-N5100]Port of Note 10,1 GnaboROM - AirCommand - link added

Search This thread

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
This is port of Gnabo ROM from Note 10,1 thread with working AirCommand and other staff that is not included in offcial KK release for Note8. Thanks to Mikyno.
Rom has Civatos KERNEL - wifi works with old bootloader. Thank you Civato for bringing this possible with old bootloader! For replacing some libs and other stuff i also used Civatos ROM so some bits and pieces might appear there as well.

Rom uses 160dpi as default - is just a bit smaller and more tabletish look than stock 213 phablet layout. This way it should be for my likes.
A lot of apps are replaced for newer ones from latest devices like Tab4 or Pro - more of those stock newer apps support immersive mode. Overall look of them is more elegant and newer.
Keyboard with Ctrl and arrows, Music Player, Splanner, Gallery etc...
QuadView multiwindow added.
AirCommand with all of its features.

There are still some bugs in this release that need to be solved.

Calling - works but not through earpiece like a fone - just via speaker, also Btooth is fine.
SmartStay - not working
Samsung account - sync doesnt work.
Action memo bug as described in Mykinos thread.
New camera app - buggy.

Removed PlayStore downloadable apps like Gmail, Drive etc...

You need custom recovery to flash, when you have it you probably rooted your device and lost your warranty. I am not responsible for bricked device by flashing this file.

ROM is for N5100 only.

ROM uses frameworks and other system stuff from NOTE 10,1 - flashing some N5100 upgrade zips will probably not work and will bootloop your rom. You can use mods from Note 10,1 forum but better do not flash them just manually push to system!!!

Credits comes to Mikyno for porting AirCommand to Note 10,1 and his ROM as a base. Civato for Kernel that allows us to use KK on older bootloader and keep us out of the KNOX counter. Other people on XDA like Arsaw, ykkfive and all others i forgot!

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 10,475
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 9,800
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 10,518
  • screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 9,288
  • screen5.jpg
    screen5.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 9,202
  • screen6.jpg
    screen6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 8,467
  • screen7.png
    screen7.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 8,194
  • screen8.png
    screen8.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 8,277
Last edited:

vimi93

Oct 7, 2011
DNH UT
This is port of Gnabo ROM from Note 10,1 thread with working AirCommand and other staff that is not included in offcial KK release for Note8. Thanks to Mikyno.
Rom has Civatos KERNEL - wifi works with old bootloader. Thank you Civato for bringing this possible with old bootloader! For replacing some libs and other stuff i also used Civatos ROM so some bits and pieces might appear there as well.

Rom uses 160dpi as default - is just a bit smaller and more tabletish look than stock 213 phablet layout. This way it should be for my likes.
A lot of apps are replaced for newer ones from latest devices like Tab4 or Pro - more of those stock newer apps support immersive mode. Overall look of them is more elegant and newer.

Calling - works but not through earpiece like a fone - just via speaker, also Btooth is fine.
SmartStay - not working
New camera app - buggy.

You need custom recovery to flash, when you have it you probably rooted your device and lost your warranty. I am not responsible for bricked device by flashing this file.

ROM is for N5100 only.

ROM uses frameworks and other system stuff from NOTE 10,1 - flashing some N5100 upgrade zips will probably not work and will bootloop your rom. You can use mods from Note 10,1 forum but better do not flash them just manually push to system!!!

Credits comes to Mikyno for porting AirCommand to Note 10,1 and his ROM as a base. Civato for Kernel that allows us to use KK on older bootloader and keep us out of the KNOX counter. Other people on XDA like Arsaw, ykkfive and all others i forgot!

GREAT !!!

kettenschutz

Aug 2, 2008
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Could u reupp somewhere?

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
Please what's happening ? interested. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda premium

I will probably split the ROM into two files - clean ROM and flashable add-ons....my PC was sitting 48h on uploading to MEGA and never came over 60%. Android filehost...all the time a bit smaller file than uploaded. So only link that works is DropBox which is probably dead after some more downloads. IF someone can post mirrors...

I dont have that slow connection, but also not that super speedy one...but it is still resetting somehow.

I already have some fixes to the first ROM, so will upload evening - probably two files - smaller ROM base and stock apps to flash.

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
so we'll never see an uploaded version ?! :(

what a pitty

Yes soon, actually quite busy at work. Everything is fine and works, using tablet for work and no FCs, battery OK, gonna add some toggles fixes that Mykino made in his v5 version released yesterday. Some new settings and toggle icon's, new S browser from Tab4 works - this one is nice but flash is a no go.

Reactions: QuanGan and moezaka

QuanGan

Nov 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

SmartStay - not working
New camera app - buggy.

ROM is for N5100 only.

I‘ve downloaded the Civz_Gnabo_rom_v1_N5100 and I must say it's GREAT.
I want to try your next version,please upload ,thank U

Last edited:
Reactions: ianbbaa

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
I know it is taboo to ask but I'm not asking for an OTA, I am merely asking if you might consider building this for the n5110? This sounds like a really cool rom.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
I'd be interested as well (5110). If you can give me tips on how to do it I'll try myself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SmartStay - not working
    New camera app - buggy.

ROM is for N5100 only.

Download DropBox
    Download MEGA...uploading
    Download

Already uploading a bit polished version to DropBox but it will take some time. When ready will post here. Sorry for that but i dont use any FileHosting services just DropBox for my photo backup.
    Hi
    Is this topic still alive? Cuz i am still waiting for the update. :)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Free mobile app

For sure i will update - but really i dont have that time for playing with things. I hope i will have my "season" finished in a month so i can continue with it.

Please understand that i have loots of things to do and also i use note 8 a lot these days - but yes i use it with some fixes and things, so when time will allow me, i will try also n5110 and mainly bring up more polished version of that first release.
    Please what's happening ? interested. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda premium

I will probably split the ROM into two files - clean ROM and flashable add-ons....my PC was sitting 48h on uploading to MEGA and never came over 60%. Android filehost...all the time a bit smaller file than uploaded. So only link that works is DropBox which is probably dead after some more downloads. IF someone can post mirrors...

I dont have that slow connection, but also not that super speedy one...but it is still resetting somehow.

I already have some fixes to the first ROM, so will upload evening - probably two files - smaller ROM base and stock apps to flash.
    can you upload a working link for your beautiful rom, the dropbox link gives 509 error, thanks