new official ROM v.1.72.207.0 [O2 Germany]

Search This thread

sch4f

Jun 12, 2009
Hi,

today i've found a new official ROM v.1.72.207.0 provided by O2 Germany, it's brandnew!!

Peace, Andi

Last edited:

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Link: http://www.o2online.de/nw/support/downloads/software/xda/htchd2/htc-hd-2.html

Changelog:

• Digital image enhancement: removing the "Red Shadow" for Photos
  • Improving the SMS functions
  • Correct display of SIM contacts, in addition to the telephone calls, and Exchange Server contacts
  • Determine the correct amount of free space on a memory card and an improvement of support for certain memory sizes
  • Extended functionality of the Calendar application

Last edited:

Hydrad

Feb 27, 2010
Eh,with the amount of bugs and freezes this phone has, this rom update seems quite lacking.

Fergus278

Dec 8, 2008
Would expect anything more from O2? For all the time i have had my o2 Orbit the ROM updates for that device were pathetic at best.

glofiishx500

Sep 9, 2007
I'm afraid I found the first bug in this new ROM :(
After flashing the device my Java app (DB RailNavigator) is unable to go online. Of course I tried several things like restoring the orginal files from backup or re-installing the app from the web.
Ant the network and security setting of the java vm are also ok.
When I tap some online-function within the app it even does not come the point where the java runtime asks for permission to enable online access.
it simply locks up.
Has anyone else here tried to use online-aware java app with this new ROM from O2?

dameon12

Jan 18, 2009
Hamburg
For me this rom really fixed problems.
For example the appointment bug is solved and the pink flicker or dot in the camera seems to be solved too. the cam now really takes decent pics.
I will stay with this rom as it just fulfils my needs - i only need that damn ereader tab get to work...

glofiishx500

Sep 9, 2007
Today I installed JavaFX Mobile 1.2 from the SUN website. Now DB RailNavigator works again online and NEW! can access GPS via location API.
So to me it strongly seems that with the new O2 ROM something changed to the standard Java VM.
BTW: HTC support told me to ask for a new version of DB RailNavigator, but
how could DB know what is the problem???