Cant connect to the internet

Search This thread

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
What build number does the Chromecast app say your Chromecast has?

Maybe try moving your Chromecast away from the TV?
Use the HDMI extender or extension cable.

Or you can try powering up Chromecast without connecting to a TV and see if the LED goes solid white.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

You can't set a static IP on stock Chromecast but you should bee able to set a DHCP reservation in your router.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Feb 8, 2010
What build number does the Chromecast app say your Chromecast has?

Maybe try moving your Chromecast away from the TV?
Use the HDMI extender or extension cable.

Or you can try powering up Chromecast without connecting to a TV and see if the LED goes solid white.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

You can't set a static IP on stock Chromecast but you should bee able to set a DHCP reservation in your router.

So before you replied I set up my phone as a hotspot and connected the CC to that just to verify it would connect. It did and updated to the latest version. So I connected it back to my main network, and it worked! I guess the update fixed something, but whatever it is, I am just happy it works again! Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
So before you replied I set up my phone as a hotspot and connected the CC to that just to verify it would connect. It did and updated to the latest version. So I connected it back to my main network, and it worked! I guess the update fixed something, but whatever it is, I am just happy it works again! Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!

Happy to see you're up and running. I had a similar experience when I first set mine up. It was unstable until it updated and then it was happy.