Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Bluetooth HM5000

Search This thread

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Thats crazy..! Almost every other half baked mobile OS can do voice dialing. It would just make sense for the 7.7 and HM5000. Without Voice Dialing one has to take the tablet out to setup a call which is not ideal in every case.. Voice Dialing via the handset makes total sense for the 7.7 and HM5000...

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7

scarytas

Aug 5, 2009
Thats crazy..! Almost every other half baked mobile OS can do voice dialing. It would just make sense for the 7.7 and HM5000. Without Voice Dialing one has to take the tablet out to setup a call which is not ideal in every case.. Voice Dialing via the handset makes total sense for the 7.7 and HM5000...

Tab 7.7

I must say that I think it absolutely crazy as well.
I know I should have researched beforehand, but I took it as a given that any "modern" OS would have Voice dialing via a bluetooth headset.

I know road rules are different around the world but here in Oz it is an offence to even be holding your phone whilst driving, let alone fiddlng with it to make calls.:)

I guess we can only hope that ICS brings that functionality.

Ricey

Jan 9, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
AFAIK, currently no version of Android supports voice dialing via Bluetooth.

Actually, Google added voice dialing via BT since Android 2.2. I think the issue is that Android 3.0-3.2 (HC) was made for tablets only and all tablets, besides the non-US Samsung 7.0, 7.0+, and 7.7, don't have voice calling so they may have left out that feature from HC. It might be yet another thing we need to wait for ICS.

Last edited:

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Actually, Google added voice dialing via BT since Android 2.2. I think the issue is that Android 3.0-3.2 (HC) was made for tablets only and all tablets, besides the non-US Samsung 7.0, 7.0+, and 7.7, don't have voice calling so they may have left out that feature from HC. It might be yet another thing we need to wait for ICS.

No it is Samsung who for some reason ommiting this feature side the OG galaxy tab which was running 2.2 and 2.3.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

scarytas

Aug 5, 2009
Hmmm...Just had this response from Samsung support here in Australia.

The galaxy s2 has voice dialling option:when you touble tap on home key, and turn on driving mode , voice dialing option turns on autometically. The bluetooth version for Galaxy S2 is v3.0+HS and for the tablet (Gt-p6800) is v3.0 with A2DP.
If you would like to purchase any bluetooth headset please visit samsungmobilefulfillment.com

Now, to try and find a Bluetooth headset with v3.0 with A2DP. That should be fun :)

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
So the HM5000 is bluetooth 3.0 and the 7.7 is bluetooth 3.0.. Although im not sure if the HM5000 supports A2DP although it is a mono device..

Tab 7.7

nectons2000

Feb 2, 2006
Call Mynah

If this thing it had an lcd screen to see who is calling it would be the best accesory. But for now my Call Mynah is the best! Call recording and big screen and keys... and it is really small with great battery life.

To shame samsung didnt put an lcd there :(

Justin^Tan

Jul 14, 2010
concluding that we cannot make calls on this thing unless voice dial actually works, which i can reproduce using bluetooth headset on the original galaxy tab, can i ask if this thing vibrate or anything to let you know if there's a phone call coming?

sorry if i miss this on just a few page :D

I'm thinking of getting this for my original GT. is it compatible? since probably most of you who bought tab 7.7 came from the original GT owner ^^

PLinga

Nov 30, 2010
I think I have mentioned this before, but I think the ultimate would be not only to incorporate a small LCD/OLED for things like caller ID, but also to include a 3.5mm jack on the top for external earphones if you wanted, as well as playback controls, with track info on the display. Then, as if that weren't awesome enough, add s-pen functionality on the tip! Now THAT would be a monster combination paired up with an s-pen compatible 7.7!

The future is getting closer:
1Fpji.jpg

Finally, there's that guy you see up there, which looks like a stylus (and is!), but also doubles as a headset for receiving calls.
Perhaps this stylus/headset and the MeMic will not be restricted to only Asus devices.

RipplingHurst

Feb 18, 2011
California
I bought the HM5000 too. It works great but the range is kind of limited. When I'm around the house I have to find a more powerful BT device to connect to maybe my phone line? I mean, if the 7.7 is in the kitchen it won't connect in the living room, or in the hall, not to mention upstairs.

But otherwise the connection is great. I have also connected the 7.7 to the car's BT, and it connects to the car without issues, and will reconnect to the HM5000 too when I leave the car.

However, I can't seem to reject a call from the HM5000. According to the manual I've downloaded, you'd have to press and hold the call button, but that's only turning off the headset...any ideas?

jkrell

Sep 16, 2009
What app are you guys using to make calls?

I'm confused, what app are you guys using to make and receive calls? GrooVe IP?

I've got Google Voice installed, as well as GrooVe IP. I'm just not sure what app is being used on the video in this thread. I want to do this, if not with the HM5000 then with something.

The thing I'm not thrilled about with this thing is holding it up to my ear. The whole point of Bluetooth -- at least for me -- is handsfree, whether via speaker (in the car) or on-ear (when working or walking about).

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
I'm confused, what app are you guys using to make and receive calls? GrooVe IP?

I've got Google Voice installed, as well as GrooVe IP. I'm just not sure what app is being used on the video in this thread. I want to do this, if not with the HM5000 then with something.

The thing I'm not thrilled about with this thing is holding it up to my ear. The whole point of Bluetooth -- at least for me -- is handsfree, whether via speaker (in the car) or on-ear (when working or walking about).

Standard Touchwiz dialer app.

Top Liked Posts