[APP] AOSP Messaging APP FOR TW! UPDATED! (03-07-13))

What would you guys like to see?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Welcome to the ONLY AOSP Messaging app that works on TouchWiz! This is presented to you by myself Cbass15, and amiblindyet. MMS on these sends within 5-25 seconds and sends flawlessly on TOUCHWIZ ONLY! Please refer to amiblindyet's thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1950443) for the AOSP messaging apk.

INVERTED​

screenshot2013030419384.png
screenshot2013030419385.png
screenshot2013030419390.png

FOR ALL YOU PLAIN BORING PEOPLE...WHITE!

screenshot2013020109541.png
screenshot2013020109542.png
screenshot2013020109544.png
screenshot2013020109543.png
20130201104210.png

AOSP Look Alike For TouchWiz Users.
http://d-h.st/jhU - - - white

http://d-h.st/tpf - - - inverted

Last edited:

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Nice work. Do you know how yours differs from the one posted in this thread...

100% funcitional AOSP MMS.apk for TouchWiz

...?

Perhaps "swipe to call" function works in yours?

It's always nice to have options though and can't wait for your inverted version. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

I know MMS doesn't work on TW for his. Because I've tried it.

And swipe to call? Isn't that a feature for the contacts?

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio
I know MMS doesn't work on TW for his. Because I've tried it.

And swipe to call? Isn't that a feature for the contacts?

MMS should work on his (although I did have an issue yesterday where it took about 20 min to send one) even on TW. I'm running darthstalker too. I actually posted the link above in the darthstalker thread as a fix for mms and I believe one other person confirmed it worked too. It does have that landscape/portrait issue that aosp messaging apps have though. Perhaps yours has this fixed.

As far as "swipe to call", it does work in contacts, but on a tw rom, it should also work if you swipe a text thread (it immediately calls the person you are talking to in that text thread)

Well, I just reflashed darthstalker so I could go back to stock kernel (wasn't crazy about kt747 with this rom). I'll try out your apk and report back with any differences I notice.

Regardless, thanks for your work. It is much appreciated.

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Re: AOSP Messaging APP FOR TW!

MMS should work on his (although I did have an issue yesterday where it took about 20 min to send one) even on TW. I'm running darthstalker too. I actually posted the link above in the darthstalker thread as a fix for mms and I believe one other person confirmed it worked too. It does have that landscape/portrait issue that aosp messaging apps have though. Perhaps yours has this fixed.

As far as "swipe to call", it does work in contacts, but on a tw rom, it should also work if you swipe a text thread (it immediately calls the person you are talking to in that text thread)

Well, I just reflashed darthstalker so I could go back to stock kernel (wasn't crazy about kt747 with this rom). I'll try out your apk and report back with any differences I notice.

Regardless, thanks for your work. It is much appreciated.

Thank you so much! :) darthstalker is my favorite rom and it's the one I tested this one! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2, and DARTHSTALKER ROM ;)

I_Am_Lorde

Feb 13, 2011

By the landscape/portrait issue are you referring to the pic that was originally portrait sending in landscape? I still have that issue with this app, but that's not a problem bc this app actually sends the mms! Thanks for this!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH

By the landscape/portrait issue are you referring to the pic that was originally portrait sending in landscape? I still have that issue with this app, but that's not a problem bc this app actually sends the mms! Thanks for this!

I thought it was fixed! But your welcome! :)

Reactions: I_Am_Lorde

I_Am_Lorde

Feb 13, 2011

I thought it was fixed! But your welcome! :)

Is there a way to increase the max mms size? I don't see it anywhere in the settings but I may have overlooked it?

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH

Is there a way to increase the max mms size? I don't see it anywhere in the settings but I may have overlooked it?

Not that I know of but this is seriously like very very rough 1.0. I will see what I can do about it in the next update! ;)

Reactions: I_Am_Lorde

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH

Does anyone know how to change the thread title? I can't figure it out.

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio

OK. So I've tested yours and the one from the other thread. They look identical and have the same options, but on yours, I don't get any kind of delay sending. The other apk always seemed to at least take 30-40 sec to send MMS, and on rare occasions up to 20 min for some reason. I've sent 8 MMS so far with your apk and they send almost instantly (3-10 seconds). I have no idea if this is a coincidence, but evidence shows that yours works better.

Still have the landscape issue here too. No biggie though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans

Thanks for this, cant wait for it to be inverted

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH

OK. So I've tested yours and the one from the other thread. They look identical and have the same options, but on yours, I don't get any kind of delay sending. The other apk always seemed to at least take 30-40 sec to send MMS, and on rare occasions up to 20 min for some reason. I've sent 8 MMS so far with your apk and they send almost instantly (3-10 seconds). I have no idea if this is a coincidence, but evidence shows that yours works better.

Still have the landscape issue here too. No biggie though.

Thank you very much :)

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio

Do you know how I can change the thread title?

Nope. Sorry. Never started one myself yet. Pretty sad, I know. I've been a lurker for years. When you think about it though, I guess I am a living testament that you can find out everything you need just by searching alone. Seeing as I've been flashing for years but never had an account to ask questions with.

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I've also been delving into how to invert apps. Perhaps I can help you with your project.

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH

Nope. Sorry. Never started one myself yet. Pretty sad, I know. I've been a lurker for years. When you think about it though, I guess I am a living testament that you can find out everything you need just by searching alone. Seeing as I've been flashing for years but never had an account to ask questions with.

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I've also been delving into how to invert apps. Perhaps I can help you with your project.

PM me and we will talk! :D

DraggyWan

Jan 25, 2013

This is definitely worth a try. I've been waiting for something like this that actually has Emoji and working MMS since the day I rooted my phone. Well comment on how well it works but I'm sure it'll be amazing by the looks of it.

Sent from my Rooted SPH-L710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the ONLY AOSP Messaging app that works on TouchWiz! This is presented to you by myself Cbass15, and amiblindyet. MMS on these sends within 5-25 seconds and sends flawlessly on TOUCHWIZ ONLY! Please refer to amiblindyet's thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1950443) for the AOSP messaging apk.

INVERTED​

screenshot2013030419384.png
    screenshot2013030419390.png

FOR ALL YOU PLAIN BORING PEOPLE...WHITE!

screenshot2013020109541.png
    screenshot2013020109542.png
    screenshot2013020109544.png
    screenshot2013020109543.png
    20130201104210.png

AOSP Look Alike For TouchWiz Users.
    http://d-h.st/jhU - - - white

http://d-h.st/tpf - - - inverted
    Re: [APP] AOSP Messaging APP FOR TW! UPDATE COMING (2/6/2013)

Does that mean it won't be updated today?

Update be Herr within an hour ;)

Just by reading most of the comments produced by people on this thread. I have come to a conclusion, common sense ceases to exist. The stupid have prevailed and finally took over.

Sent from my Rooted SPH-L710 w/ a FreeGS3 rom using xda premium
    Your welcome. I will look into a pony just for you. :thumbup:

No, absolutely not. As soon as we give him a pony everybody is going to want a damn pony. And then people will be like "I like this pony, but is there anyway you could add the new iOS6 saddle?" and then bambino is going to want his pony to have an orange saddle... And then people are going to want to have pony parties but they can't because they're running Pony 4.1, and not 4.2.1 where this function is native, and wonder why their Pony keeps Force Closing every time they try to put it in the horse barn.