Questions before selling my i9100

Search This thread

emanuelparedes

Sep 12, 2008
Guys i'm going to sell my i9100 this week, and I have some questions. At this moment, I've Beanstalk installed (4.4.2, nightly release), but I think I'm going to install CM 10.1.3, because it's a stable release. This is a good idea, right? :p

I'm always a bit "affraid" that people could recover my personal data. Is there a way to avoid this?

How can I format the internal memory? There's a lot of garbage on that partition, personal data and some stuff from all the ROM's that I've installed. So, i want to format this partition. A little help... please? ;)

And I think this is it. Thanks a lot!

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Guys i'm going to sell my i9100 this week, and I have some questions. At this moment, I've Beanstalk installed (4.4.2, nightly release), but I think I'm going to install CM 10.1.3, because it's a stable release. This is a good idea, right? :p

I'm always a bit "affraid" that people could recover my personal data. Is there a way to avoid this?

How can I format the internal memory? There's a lot of garbage on that partition, personal data and some stuff from all the ROM's that I've installed. So, i want to format this partition. A little help... please? ;)

And I think this is it. Thanks a lot!
Only formatting is not enough.
ERASE THE SD CARD AND INTERNAL STORAGE Scroll down for the erasing stuff.

emanuelparedes

Sep 12, 2008
You can use it for both the external and internal storage:eek:

I know. But I don't want to erase the internal memory. I never used the internal memory to store my personal files, so that's not a problem.

Formatting the internal memory is a bit different of formatting a regular SD Card, I think... Otherwise, I will do this the simple way: Computer -> right click -> Format -> Done.

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
I know. But I don't want to erase the internal memory. I never used the internal memory to store my personal files, so that's not a problem.

Formatting the internal memory is a bit different of formatting a regular SD Card, I think... Otherwise, I will do this the simple way: Computer -> right click -> Format -> Done.

Go into recovery - mounts and storage. Here you can format your internal storage. But I still would recommend to write everything over with this program.

Paulius7

Nov 28, 2010
Varėna
Hint: formatting will delete your data but it still could be recovered with programs. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk