brand new tf701 screen scrambled when waking from sleep.

Search This thread

gen1mx6

Oct 17, 2010
i just bought this tablet and was playing around with it and there were no problems.

i downloaded and used the unlock and now my screen looks scrambled after waking from sleep. not all the time though, just occassionally.

i can fix it by sleeping and waking again but was wondering if this is a serious issue and attempt to return it.

malos1984

Aug 19, 2011
i have this issue sent it to asus to be told this was normal.... don`t waste your time

it`s likely a gpu fault and will eventually break but asus didn`t care in my case

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
You should return it Asap. I got the same issues and switched for a new one.

Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk

It is unlocked = no returns, no warranty.
Install a custom rom or re-flash the Asus firmware. If you're lucky it is a software glitch which would be fixed by installing a new rom.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

gen1mx6

Oct 17, 2010
thanks for the information... guess i'm just going to continue and flash a new rom and see if it gets better.

worst case scenario i'll brick it and ask for a refund

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
thanks for the information... guess i'm just going to continue and flash a new rom and see if it gets better.

Don't know if they'd play along (UID = user induced damage) and it really would be a shame.
You could try to return it to the vendor. They may not check if it is unlocked. Check the return policy.
Highly unlikely that unlocking caused this, so I think you're innocent and should not be left holding the bag for what is most likely a HW defect. Contact the seller (go there if brick&mortar) send them a screenshot or photo. Most likely they'll exchange it.

I always wait a month before I do something to a device that may affect warranty. Give faulty hardware a chance to manifest itself...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pelago

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Don't know if they'd play along (UID = user induced damage) and it really would be a shame.
    You could try to return it to the vendor. They may not check if it is unlocked. Check the return policy.
    Highly unlikely that unlocking caused this, so I think you're innocent and should not be left holding the bag for what is most likely a HW defect. Contact the seller (go there if brick&mortar) send them a screenshot or photo. Most likely they'll exchange it.

I always wait a month before I do something to a device that may affect warranty. Give faulty hardware a chance to manifest itself...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk