Battery life?

Search This thread

ihavenoswag

Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys, I have a question about the xperia zr, how is the battery? gsmarena posted some impressive results, but how about in real life, can if get 5-6 hours of screen-on time? my gt-i8730 can do 6 hours normally, how does this act? thanks :))

DoO37

Jan 19, 2013
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S10
Yes.. for me it lasts for a long time screen on
you may check my review on the 4.3 FW

Battery Life Test
------------------

-These tests depends on my own usage ,so it may differ depends on everyone's usage-

Average Usage

it lasts for 1 Day and 13 Hours with average usage
~4:30 Hrs Talk Time
~23 Hrs Wi-Fi On
~3 Hrs Screen On (Chatting ,Browsing and downloading)

Heavy Usage

it lasts for 10 Hours with continuous heavy usage on medium brightness with the auto enabled
~5 Hrs Screen On (Chatting and Browsing)
~8 Hrs Wi-Fi On (using it even when the screen is off)
~2 Hrs Talk Time

Reactions: ihavenoswag

todimp

Apr 26, 2011
Roma
Yes it's very impressive!! Let's say, you can reach evening without any problems even with medium/heavy usage. With "medium/heavy" I mean if you turn on GPS for 20 minutes navigating, 24 hours of wifi/data switched on, 1 hour of browsing, and texting all the day. But the very impressive thing for me is that if you play 1 full hour with a heavy game such as riptide, the battery doesn't fall down, you will lose only a 6-8% of battery. I tested the battery with cyanogenmod 11 and stock 4.3, well, the stock firmware battery usage is better by far!!

Maleficshrew

Apr 19, 2014

I have seen a lot of complaints about the battery life on this phone, does it last at least like 4 hours of screen on time with 50+% internet + gaming? that's all i wanna know

I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed at least 6-7+ hours of general on-screen usage, assuming you don't have a thousand things forcing every CPU core to be at max load.

I bought the phone having read the gsmarena battery benchmark results for it, and I can say from experience that they don't come close (as in, worse). Same for the standby time on the phone is not what is stated by Sony/GSM but of course it's still a pretty amazing phone, for me I bought it for the supposed crazy good battery life (11:20 hours constant web browsing? I get half that) which isn't an improvement from my old phone so probably going to sell it.

ihavenoswag

Dec 27, 2013
I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed at least 6-7+ hours of general on-screen usage, assuming you don't have a thousand things forcing every CPU core to be at max load.

I bought the phone having read the gsmarena battery benchmark results for it, and I can say from experience that they don't come close (as in, worse). Same for the standby time on the phone is not what is stated by Sony/GSM but of course it's still a pretty amazing phone, for me I bought it for the supposed crazy good battery life (11:20 hours constant web browsing? I get half that) which isn't an improvement from my old phone so probably going to sell it.

If you want a good battery phone get the LG G2, lasts 6-7 hours hard use, my bro had it.
anyway, those are some pretty good numbers :D

DoO37

Jan 19, 2013
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S10

I have seen a lot of complaints about the battery life on this phone, does it last at least like 4 hours of screen on time with 50+% internet + gaming? that's all i wanna know

gaming will drain the battery more quickly, but that's the normal for every device
but for internet usage it lasts with me for 10 Hours
~8 Hrs WiFi On (using it even when the screen is off, downloading, VOIP..etc)
~2 Hrs Talk Time

e_spidi

Jun 21, 2010
Good thread!
Please tell me how to disable Google Services.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-26-05-50-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-26-05-50-22.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 84

farafr

Jan 7, 2011
Hi
can anybody tell me how to disable "Mediaserver"?
I can't find any app wih media server name and it drain lots of my battery in every charge.
Thanks in advance.

DoO37

Jan 19, 2013
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hi
I can't find any app wih media server name and it drain lots of my battery in every charge.
Thanks in advance.

I searched for your problem, here what i get :

The media server application indexes all your media on the phone.
Its common that if you transfer media files to your phone that the power consumption of the media server will go up but only for a short period of time. This is necessary, otherwise app's won't be able to find your newly imported media.

But in your case, since you seem to be having troubles with the media server app constantly consuming battery. I think that you may have a/or several corrupt media files in the phone or on your SD card. Causing the media server app to constantly trying to index files.

Just to do a quick test, try to copy all your important media and other files to your computer then delete them from your phone or do a format on your storage memories and check if you still experience this.

If you don't, the problem is as I suspected a broken or corrupt media file. The hard part is to figure out which one.

Source

And while searching i found some app that might fix your problem (it requires Root permission) , it's called Mediaserver Killer, get it on Google Play Store
i didn't test it but there is some positive feedbacks about it

Reactions: farafr

swasha123

Mar 22, 2011
Pune
Hi
Thanks in advance.

Mediaserver is an apps running in background. So Check which apps you installed recently. Uninstall then.
Normally Utter, proximity sensor on/off, open mic+,. Wifi GPS seeking apps, This are just example. Find out.

I had same problem two month before. I don't remember exactly which app was causing problem but I unstalled some of them and got result.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: farafr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes.. for me it lasts for a long time screen on
    you may check my review on the 4.3 FW

Battery Life Test
    ------------------

-These tests depends on my own usage ,so it may differ depends on everyone's usage-

Average Usage

it lasts for 1 Day and 13 Hours with average usage
    ~4:30 Hrs Talk Time
    ~23 Hrs Wi-Fi On
    ~3 Hrs Screen On (Chatting ,Browsing and downloading)

Heavy Usage

it lasts for 10 Hours with continuous heavy usage on medium brightness with the auto enabled
    ~8 Hrs Wi-Fi On (using it even when the screen is off)
    ~2 Hrs Talk Time

how was the brightness set at during heavy usage? gsmarena said thst it was like 1/4 of full brightness when at half, like 140 nits or similar

it was set to ~40% with auto brightness enabled
    Good thread!
    Please tell me how to disable Google Services.

Thanks!

Go to Settings > Apps > All
    Then Scroll till Google Play Services and open it, Click Disable
    Hi
    Thanks in advance.

This usually means that you have a corrupt sd card.

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app
    Hi
    Thanks in advance.

I searched for your problem, here what i get :

The media server application indexes all your media on the phone.
    Its common that if you transfer media files to your phone that the power consumption of the media server will go up but only for a short period of time. This is necessary, otherwise app's won't be able to find your newly imported media.

But in your case, since you seem to be having troubles with the media server app constantly consuming battery. I think that you may have a/or several corrupt media files in the phone or on your SD card. Causing the media server app to constantly trying to index files.

Just to do a quick test, try to copy all your important media and other files to your computer then delete them from your phone or do a format on your storage memories and check if you still experience this.

If you don't, the problem is as I suspected a broken or corrupt media file. The hard part is to figure out which one.

Source

And while searching i found some app that might fix your problem (it requires Root permission) , it's called Mediaserver Killer, get it on Google Play Store
    i didn't test it but there is some positive feedbacks about it