[Morphs+Mods] Transparent Widgets

Search This thread

The_Rouge

Mar 10, 2010
Engadget and Google search will not work metamorph keeps saying that it doesnt exist. How can I apply these?

The_Rouge

Mar 10, 2010
Added the missing xml for google search. Engadget seems ok, did you get any errors while moving the .apk ? (did the name change?)

I did get engadget to work, I think the issue is I have the first helix launcher. I dont have launcher2.apk in either directory. Google search isnt a biggie for me so I'm not worried. Any chance you could make a transparent smoke theme for the facebook app itself and the gaming buzz widget? Oh and thanks for these by the way!

Last edited:

efenili

Nov 12, 2008
Is there an easy way to make your transparent widgets less transparent? Like say 60-70% instead of 100%?

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Re: [Morph] Transparent Widgets [5/10/10]

Is there an easy way to make your transparent widgets less transparent? Like say 60-70% instead of 100%?
Find the files the morph replaces (in the original apk), set the transparency you want and put then in the morph zip

Nice work on these! I have a question about changing text colors on a widget...is there a tutorial anywhere for what needs to be done to do this? In particular I'm looking at changing the text on the RSS Widget. I'd like the preview title text to be gold, and the main text to be white...I've looked at a couple threads on changing notification text...but it's pretty specific on just the not. text...

Anyways, these look great...nice work!

timbadia

Jun 23, 2009
mint.com widget morph applied, but widget still not transparent

I have done this with no errors ... yet the widget is not transparent .... any ideas?

on CM5.0.6 N1, with apps2sd

Thanks!

Heres the mint widget transparent.
A single move didn't make the widget appear in the widget list, had to move, pull, push

Steps:
1)
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /[B][I]sd-ext[/I][/B]/app/com.mint.apk /system/app/
adb pull /system/app/com.mint.apk .
adb push com.mint.apk /system/app/
change "sd-ext" to "data" if you dont use apps2sd
2) Apply the morph.

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Nice work on these! I have a question about changing text colors on a widget...is there a tutorial anywhere for what needs to be done to do this? In particular I'm looking at changing the text on the RSS Widget. I'd like the preview title text to be gold, and the main text to be white...I've looked at a couple threads on changing notification text...but it's pretty specific on just the not. text...

Anyways, these look great...nice work!
This usually involves an xml edit. Since the xml is in binary form you need a tool to decode/encode.
I use apktool, instructions at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6342696&postcount=47

Lazat

Mar 23, 2010
Uppsala
Added both these to my todo list.

update 5/10/10:
"Spotify Remote" is still in alpha status so lets wait till the final version is out

not spotify remote, its spotify, thats not in alpha/beta =) thanks for your awesome wokr!

And maybe we have to upload the apk to u or u have to set your marketaccess to a swedish code. pm me if that is the case

sliverofme

Dec 19, 2008
Sydney
These morphs are so cool! Thank you for all the hard work! I would like to request a clear Doggcatcher morph, since their widget is ....well, not the prettiest one around. Thank you in advance!

benjatt

Aug 20, 2008
You can do it yourself.
1) get the .apk (install it)
2) pull it to your computer from your phone (adb works)
3) extract the .apk (its a zip file, rename to .zip if you want)
4) copy in the new files from the the morph
5) zip up the modified folder, rename the zip to .apk
6) sign the .apk. (search for "autosign")
7) Install the .apk on your phone via "adb install myfile.apk", uninstall the program from your phone before re-installing.

Managed to get to 7 but the adb says the .apk does not contain AndroidManifest.xml - Any idea what this means?

Also I cannot seem to find how to pull an app such as twitter from my phone. It doesn't appear to be in system/app so where can it be?

thanks for any help

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Managed to get to 7 but the adb says the .apk does not contain AndroidManifest.xml - Any idea what this means?

Also I cannot seem to find how to pull an app such as twitter from my phone. It doesn't appear to be in system/app so where can it be?

thanks for any help
1) you're zipping up one folder too high. The manifext xml should be in the root of the .zip when done correctly
2) market apps go to /data/app/ or /sd-ext/app/ for apps2sd users.

jhenson496

Mar 27, 2010
Orlando
Quick question on the "3" morph... After doing the correct adb sequences

adb remount
adb pull /sd-ext/app/org.abrantix.rockon.rockonnggl.apk .
adb push org.abrantix.rockon.rockonnggl.apk /system/app/

I apply the morph, but get force closes every time. Is there something wrong the new morph since metamorph got updated?

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Quick question on the "3" morph... After doing the correct adb sequences

adb remount
adb pull /sd-ext/app/org.abrantix.rockon.rockonnggl.apk .
adb push org.abrantix.rockon.rockonnggl.apk /system/app/

I apply the morph, but get force closes every time. Is there something wrong the new morph since metamorph got updated?
does the cubed player FC, or metamorph ?

Top Liked Posts