[question]Why is 4g so important to you?

Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I get 5Mbs when 4G is good. Downloads are super fast. Don't get that spinning circle for so long. Can't wait for LTE.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

lmsomb

May 2, 2010
Union City
By the way I live in california. Highest 4g speeds I've experienced are close to 8mbps

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

ralf_97

Mar 20, 2010
Cause its way faster then wifi. I have wifi at home. I get 4g around the city and sometimes at home, but when I get it, I quickly switch to 4g. Cm9 or people's rom + 4g =Epic phone!

Not important to me. Neither is 3g for that matter. I spend 90% of the day within reach of wifi. And when I'm out and about, I don't mind the slow 3g speeds (500k). I don't do anything on my phone that is bandwidth intensive.

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
That's not what the 10$ is for... its for premium data... every data phone has it. Least android phones ... from my knowledge.

Actually the first month after the Epic's release date, Sprint store sales reps were telling customers the additional $10 was specifically for either using 4G or to bring 4G to your area within the next 6 months. That's the only reason I want 4G, the company allowed a huge amount of reps to sell the phone with that sales pitch. To try and quell the angst, Sprint implemented the charge across all "smart devices".

Closest 4G area is ~400mi away from me.

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
4G area is pointless in my area. I've rarely ever gotten it, and all it does is drain battery anyway. I'm curious to see how good LTE will be, and if it'll actually be in my area for once.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
That's not what the 10$ is for... its for premium data... every data phone has it. Least android phones ... from my knowledge.

Wink wink. . . . nudge nudge. We all know the 10 dollars is for 4g no matter what Sprint calls it now. It ABSOLUTELY was for 4g service in the beginning before everyone complained and Sprint decided to just make everyone pay the fee, as the only phones that had to pay were 4g phones.

DroidApprentice

Nov 7, 2010
Ummm...cause it's fast. Being able to stream youtube, internet radio and HBO at my work desk is kind of awesome. Hope LTE is even better, and just as unlimited.

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
I get 4g everywhere now
Its almost been 2 years I have had a 4g phone and finally I have 4g where I need it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Non 4g phones get this extra charge... its android's premium data need.. hint hint nudge nudge I still think it to be for 4g, but to be on the correct side its for PREMIUM data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Wink wink. . . . nudge nudge. We all know the 10 dollars is for 4g no matter what Sprint calls it now. It ABSOLUTELY was for 4g service in the beginning before everyone complained and Sprint decided to just make everyone pay the fee, as the only phones that had to pay were 4g phones.
    Because I want to know what 4g is... Almost two years with an Epic 3g. :(

Sent from my SHP-D700 SPH-700D arh!!! Epic 4g with CM9
    Premium data started out as a 4g charge, we all know this. Then Sprint changed it to an overall premium data charge for anything they consider a true smartphone. Sprint can change it to whatever they want and they did it because they are losing money and trying to build a larger and better 3g and 4g network for their customers. They also did it because of the excess bandwith smartphones use even on their 3g network as they become faster and more data hungry, as well as their customers. How many of you pay for your tethering?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2