[RECOVERY] CWM/TWRP/PHILZ/STOCK [DB][ALL i8190 Models]

Search This thread

tys0n

Here you'll find a collection of all available recoveries for i8190 (all models) at one place.
Some zip/tars made by others and some by me.
All recoveries available in:
*.zip (to use with custom recovery)
*.tar.md5 (to use with Odin)
*.img (to use with "dd" command)

TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.0
TWRP Recovery 2.6.1.0
CWM Recovery 6.0.2.7
CWM Touch Recovery 6.0.2.7
Stock Recovery

I've also made a "black edition" of CWM touch. Flashable zip, and you'll find it in the DB as well.
View attachment 2318221

RECOVERY DATABASE i8190

Link to TWRP 2.7.1.0 by @Android-Andi [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0

Link to PhilZ Touch Recovery by @Android-Andi [RECOVERY] CWM Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch Recovery

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recvery 6.0.4.9 (CWM-BASED)

[GT-I8190]Clockworkmod Recovery v6.0.2.8 touch]

Here is also Link to SuperSu thread where you always find latest SuperSu.zip for root.
Flash it with your custom recovery when you've installed one with Odin, and you will be rooted :)

Last edited:

andr0id_n00b

Apr 13, 2013
thanks for your great work (Y)

Iam not familiar with that .. please could you post the command :)
thx in advance :D :cool:

i should post that command in the terminal emulator right??

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolf.eagle1957

tys0n

thanks for your great work (Y)

Iam not familiar with that .. please could you post the command :)
thx in advance :D :cool:

i should post that command in the terminal emulator right??

Yes it's with terminal emulator.
Have a look here for the command to use.
It can be used with any recovery.img, but you'll need root for the command to work.

andr0id_n00b

Apr 13, 2013
Yes it's with terminal emulator.
Have a look here for the command to use.
It can be used with any recovery.img, but you'll need root for the command to work.

i have to change only the name of the recovery.img and use same command right ??

btw this wont make my status costum or increase my CBC as I think :)

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
no stock recovery can´t flash custom recovery, but custom recovery can flash stock recovery :p

@ tys0n "I'll make updates when new version gets available." the last version of cwm recovery touch for GT-I8190 is v6.0.2.8 .... i found it here and its working on my s3mini ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.8 touch [UPDATE] :)

it's not official.. who made the recoveries is not tys0n.. he is only make and providing the flashable zips and ODIN-flashable MD5s.. the official is made by CWM team..

rcoacci

Jan 8, 2012
Just to be on the safe side: the stock recovery is the same for N/L/T etc?
How would I make a backup of my stock recovery if I wanted to?

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
Just to be on the safe side: the stock recovery is the same for N/L/T etc?
How would I make a backup of my stock recovery if I wanted to?

yes, all same. use "Terminal Emulator" app from Play Store by Jack Palevich, you need root and busybox. open it, type "su" then enter, and then type again "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 of=/storage/sdcard0/stockrecovery.img".. then an image file of your backuped recovery was created in your sdcard.. you can change the path of the "of"

HEY TYS0N!! THIS IS MY REPORT: I've flashed your "NON TOUCH CWM - the md5 file" with ODIN 3.07 and I got ONLY the external sd card shown in recovery but labeled as internal (I TRIED REBOOT but still same).. I was panicing.. then I flashed root with it.. and change my recovery as soon as it finished boot with "dd" command with the official one. I reboot to the *official* recovery, then got it all worked..

to the point: does the files that you provided is different?? or any damage in your files? do you got it with your phone working? if there's any, please change.. what's dangerous that people using your files and get their device brick.

thanks for read... greets

Reactions: tys0n

tys0n

yes, all same. use "Terminal Emulator" app from Play Store by Jack Palevich, you need root and busybox. open it, type "su" then enter, and then type again "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 of=/storage/sdcard0/stockrecovery.img".. then an image file of your backuped recovery was created in your sdcard.. you can change the path of the "of"

HEY TYS0N!! THIS IS MY REPORT: I've flashed your "NON TOUCH CWM - the md5 file" with ODIN 3.07 and I got ONLY the external sd card shown in recovery but labeled as internal (I TRIED REBOOT but still same).. I was panicing.. then I flashed root with it.. and change my recovery as soon as it finished boot with "dd" command with the official one. I reboot to the *official* recovery, then got it all worked..

to the point: does the files that you provided is different?? or any damage in your files? do you got it with your phone working? if there's any, please change.. what's dangerous that people using your files and get their device brick.

thanks for read... greets
Yeah, that sounds kind of dangerous!
Thanks for the report. I'll take it down for now and have a look at it.
Re-up when is't sorted out.

Reactions: IvanKurnia

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, that sounds kind of dangerous!
Thanks for the report. I'll take it down for now and have a look at it.
Re-up when is't sorted out.

okay thx. I need to explain what I mean, there's no "flash zip from external sd card". Only "install zip from sd card". But after selecting "install zip from sd card" (this is must be internal right?), it displays my external sd, not internal.

Last edited:
Reactions: tys0n

tys0n

okay thx. I need to explain what I mean, there's no "flash zip from external sd card". Only "install zip from sd card". But after selecting "install zip from sd card" (this is must be internal right?), it displays my external sd, not internal.

All CWM-files replaced now. Downloaded from official CWM site and made new *.tar.md5

Hope it works now.

Reactions: IvanKurnia

lkirra

Jan 10, 2013
+1 for this thread, this is what the doctor order for my friends I8190..Thanks tyson..

HantraXz

Sep 14, 2011
So dude, if I install this stock he would return to the status of "official"? For my is appearing "modify". I tried to put it and still has not changed. You have the stock for the GT-I8190L? I need a lot. Thank you.

tys0n

So dude, if I install this stock he would return to the status of "official"? For my is appearing "modify". I tried to put it and still has not changed. You have the stock for the GT-I8190L? I need a lot. Thank you.
Recovery is the same for all versions. Using triangle away might help get your official status back if you triggered the custom binary count by flashing recovery through Odin.
Depends on what you've done to get your status modified.

HantraXz

Sep 14, 2011
Recovery is the same for all versions. Using triangle away might help get your official status back if you triggered the custom binary count by flashing recovery through Odin.
Depends on what you've done to get your status modified.

Then I installed the clockwork recovery 6.0.2.7 to get root.

Top Liked Posts