Need help recovering AHD

Search This thread

Parham112

Oct 1, 2012
Nashville
I apparently flashed a bad .zip file that won't load, and now all I can do is sit at the Motorola logo. I've tried the hard reboot with power+vol up and down but, for whatever reason, that won't reboot to the bootloader like it used to. So, I can't get back into recovery at the moment. I can ocassionally get it to reboot to the fastboot menu, but I don't know what commands or anything to use to get me back to recovery. If I could just get back to the recovery I would be fine because I have a few older ROM zips I could flash.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do here? My computer has ubuntu, so I'm not sure if Myth tools or anything would work?

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
I apparently flashed a bad .zip file that won't load, and now all I can do is sit at the Motorola logo. I've tried the hard reboot with power+vol up and down but, for whatever reason, that won't reboot to the bootloader like it used to. So, I can't get back into recovery at the moment. I can ocassionally get it to reboot to the fastboot menu, but I don't know what commands or anything to use to get me back to recovery. If I could just get back to the recovery I would be fine because I have a few older ROM zips I could flash.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do here? My computer has ubuntu, so I'm not sure if Myth tools or anything would work?

You can do the following while on bootloader (Volume DOWN + Power button):

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Where recovery.img is your custom recovery image. Just make sure is in the same folder that your fastboot archive. After this, you should be able to access to recovery and flash another ROM.

OR... You can flash to stock with RSD Lite and then do everything again.