Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
Right but, i think with adb and busybox is possible to modify that files, i think we don't need custom kernel to do it. i should find the way...
The only way to overclock without a custom kernel is by using a kernel module. Its like a plugin. And that is how tegrak uses his app it installs a kernel module to overclock

sent from my 1300mhz OC'ed Exhibit 4g

qwerty3656

Aug 22, 2009
This link about heimdall may come in handy for someone if they brick their phone and struck out with the odin suggestions in our thread. I was able to use heimdall to get my phone out of a dark place.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220181

just to be clear - I don't believe heimdall has been officially confirmed to function for the Exhibit.

Last edited:

Bassmanjames

Jun 3, 2011
San clemente ca
de-odexed my phone last night........what a difference....

You should dump your new system partition so others can use/mod it.
Excuse my ignorance but what is that? And how you did it?

Enviado desde mi Exhibit 4g 1.3Ghz usando Tapatalk

It "unlocks" the apps so you can mod them. As far as better performance there are arguments for both. Google it to find out more.

Maybe some stock themes are in the near future...

pmp326

Oct 26, 2010
i can upload the stock done framework and apps the rest you must do on your own if you have busybox errors change permissions

ill be back later gonna see if i can make a tar for it and make it
nevermind dont flash if you downloaded tar ....it doesnt work

here is link and instructions any problems pm me.....http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1376985

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2011
Iowa
www.androidarea51.com
Developement

I went thru about 55 - 60 pages of this post and still seen there was No real Development going on for this phone another person graced my forums today, and asked me The Developer of AreaRom to Possibly undertake such a project as to dev a custom rom for you guys, i am willing to do so but i will need support from you guys on here, in the way of Beta Testers and so on, If you have a custom recovery that works, please let me know, so i will not be tring to port CWM to this phone, you can find me and my Dev Group by googling androidarea51 or AreaRom we have been dedicated to the Samsung Galaxy Precedent for some time now and are starting to expand to other phones and other networks. You can Click Here also to find us faster Hope to see some of you there and Hope that i am not stepping on any other Devs toes here cause i didn't read all 105 pages.

pmp326

Oct 26, 2010
I went thru about 55 - 60 pages of this post and still seen there was No real Development going on for this phone another person graced my forums today, and asked me The Developer of AreaRom to Possibly undertake such a project as to dev a custom rom for you guys, i am willing to do so but i will need support from you guys on here, in the way of Beta Testers and so on, If you have a custom recovery that works, please let me know, so i will not be tring to port CWM to this phone, you can find me and my Dev Group by googling androidarea51 or AreaRom we have been dedicated to the Samsung Galaxy Precedent for some time now and are starting to expand to other phones and other networks. You can Click Here also to find us faster Hope to see some of you there and Hope that i am not stepping on any other Devs toes here cause i didn't read all 105 pages.

no custom recovery is the problem....

codey895

Mar 2, 2011
hull

ok ill help you with what ever you need bro.. the guy that asked you was my friend detrick. we are tired of waiting . this is a great phone that deserves development.. thank god you can help.. we have no nothing besides root lol

joshuarbon

Feb 29, 2012
Ya me too, i really really want CM7 or something close to work on this phone. So if you get a custom ROM that works and is stable then please post cuz this wait sucks!!!

Nov 29, 2011
Iowa
www.androidarea51.com
ok ill help you with what ever you need bro.. the guy that asked you was my friend detrick. we are tired of waiting . this is a great phone that deserves development.. thank god you can help.. we have no nothing besides root lol

Not a Problem click on the here sign up and we will get you guys going, since you have ROOT and I just finished reading the rest of the pages, i see some of the guys have tried to get a custom recovery kernel compiled, i will start there, my devbox is all warmed up now i downloaded the source from samsung and i will get it on there and start getting things working. we have our own IRC Chat server in place to help with realtime chat for more involved working so Please take advantage of that also.. Look for DroidHost in #AreaRom on the IRC

Last edited:
Reactions: clay21 and codey895

codey895

Mar 2, 2011
hull
guys does anyone still have the exhibit stock tar file for odin? i tried downloading EVERY LAST ONE IN ALL 105 PAGES.. but they are no long available to download.. they been removed..can anyone upload a fresh one by chance? or send to my email codeybrakhage@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2011
Iowa
www.androidarea51.com
Ya me too, i really really want CM7 or something close to work on this phone. So if you get a custom ROM that works and is stable then please post cuz this wait sucks!!!

we have ported CM7 to the Samsung Galaxy Precedent, i am sure it will take a lil time but could be done for the Exhibit also, that will come in time, as right now we need a custom recovery for the phone, then we can go from there.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

guys does anyone still have the exhibit stock tar file for odin? i tried downloading EVERY LAST ONE IN ALL 105 PAGES.. but they are no long available to download.. they been removed..can anyone upload a fresh one by chance? or send to my email codeybrakhage@gmail.com

i was able to download system.rfs off here as well as the stock kernel and recovery if these are any help

Added your Own Samsung Exhibit Board on the Forums, so Please Come use it... thanks and Enjoy... Can Be Found Here

Last edited:

MxFallen

Jul 10, 2011
Help please.

I'am very noob at this, root, Recovery, Flashing, etc. can anyone please help me restore my phone. a guide or something? so far my only problem has been that I'm not able to restore some system apps I deleted after rooting my phone. My Tibu just won't restore them. it gets stuck on the "Restoring App" screen.

this are the apps that just won't restore.
"Feeds & Updates, Mini Diary, Buddies Now, Y!Finance Clock and Write and go."
My phone is fine, just wont restore the apps. I just like to have it restore.

codey895

Mar 2, 2011
hull
Not a Problem click on the here sign up and we will get you guys going, since you have ROOT and I just finished reading the rest of the pages, i see some of the guys have tried to get a custom recovery kernel compiled, i will start there, my devbox is all warmed up now i downloaded the source from samsung and i will get it on there and start getting things working. we have our own IRC Chat server in place to help with realtime chat for more involved working so Please take advantage of that also.. Look for DroidHost in #AreaRom on the IRC
im signed up already on arearom. i love yalls work.. i been watching it since my best friend got his precendent

---------- Post added 3rd March 2012 at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd March 2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

I'am very noob at this, root, Recovery, Flashing, etc. can anyone please help me restore my phone. a guide or something? so far my only problem has been that I'm not able to restore some system apps I deleted after rooting my phone. My Tibu just won't restore them. it gets stuck on the "Restoring App" screen.

this are the apps that just won't restore.
"Feeds & Updates, Mini Diary, Buddies Now, Y!Finance Clock and Write and go."
My phone is fine, just wont restore the apps. I just like to have it restore.

go back to page 90 or so and keep reading on my problem.. it gives you all the instustions and links you will need.. besides one but i got it here.. http://www.wupload.com/file/2670033807/stock.tar
on page 92 i believe there are the other 2 files.. one is an odin that you need to download.. the other is the drivers that you will need to install.. download the odin. extract it.. download the tar file.. extract it.. make sure you have drivers and all installed.. then turn phone off .. hold down both volume keys.. and plug phone up while holding those bottons untill downloading mode comes up.. then open your extracted odin and run it.. click on pda and find your tar file.. click on it.. then click start.. if it doesnt work its probably cause it was a bad tar download and will need to be downloaded again.. or you need to get odin to reconize your phone.. but try that first

Reactions: MxFallen

MxFallen

Jul 10, 2011
Thank You so much for your help i will try to do this Right now. hopefully this will Restore my apps.

Edit: My phone downloaded some drivers while on Download Mode. so far Odin Detected the phone after the drivers where downloaded and installed by windows 7 update software.
I see a FACTORYFS and a green "loading bar" under it. seems like its working..
Edit: this restore my system apps but sadly not my widgets. When I hold on the homescreen, and tap on widgets my "Feeds & Updates, Y!Finance Clock and buddies now" are no.where to be found. :\

Last edited:

pmp326

Oct 26, 2010
Thank You so much for your help i will try to do this Right now. hopefully this will Restore my apps.

Edit: My phone downloaded some drivers while on Download Mode. so far Odin Detected the phone after the drivers where downloaded and installed by windows 7 update software.
I see a FACTORYFS and a green "loading bar" under it. seems like its working..
Edit: this restore my system apps but sadly not my widgets. When I hold on the homescreen, and tap on widgets my "Feeds & Updates, Y!Finance Clock and buddies now" are no.where to be found. :\

have to factory reset just before flash then it will bring back to new

dalawh

Mar 1, 2012
Since the Samsung Exhibit 4G doesn't have its own forums, if anyone knows anything about the Samsung Exhibit 4G after it has been rooted, send me a PM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.