Att thrill 4g (lg p925) gingerbread official release ... Rom v20p

Search This thread

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Actually, if I could have avoided the temptation to update to V20P, I would have.

After two days on the new GB software, I have experienced several issues that I have been unable to correct so far.

1. Phone not keeping time correctly
2. GPS seems innacurate, works sometimes
3. I am getting very infrequent ghost calls
4. Contacts and Messaging seem to crash right after
playing any games ???/ Wierd Installed Go Contacts and SMS "No Problems"
5.Wi-Fi seems to randomly disconnect and then wont connect again unless you
toggle airplane mode or restart phone.
6. Poor battery life
7.Cant install any stable roms from other GB builds....LAME

So I would have stuck with V20C, as I really had no problems and
was running Biohazard themed with ICS and had no issues except for
poor battery life...Typical

Any one else having all of these issues from this update ??

Regards,
Dwayne

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Just connected to the Lg update tool, and it says there is an update for my phone...already running on V20P stock.

Anyone aware of another update already, did they revise V20P already ??

Thanks,
Dwayne

JReeher

Actually, if I could have avoided the temptation to update to V20P, I would have.

After two days on the new GB software, I have experienced several issues that I have been unable to correct so far.

1. Phone not keeping time correctly
2. GPS seems innacurate, works sometimes
3. I am getting very infrequent ghost calls
4. Contacts and Messaging seem to crash right after
playing any games ???/ Wierd Installed Go Contacts and SMS "No Problems"
5.Wi-Fi seems to randomly disconnect and then wont connect again unless you
toggle airplane mode or restart phone.
6. Poor battery life
7.Cant install any stable roms from other GB builds....LAME

So I would have stuck with V20C, as I really had no problems and
was running Biohazard themed with ICS and had no issues except for
poor battery life...Typical

Any one else having all of these issues from this update ??

Regards,
Dwayne

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Just connected to the Lg update tool, and it says there is an update for my phone...already running on V20P stock.

Anyone aware of another update already, did they revise V20P already ??

Thanks,
Dwayne

Yeah mine says the something but i can't use mobile update keeps telling me it can't connect i even replaced the host files to original and it won't connect

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Yeah, I finally tried like 3 more times and it looked like it was starting to update then it told me that my software was current... F'n LG, probably just a little glitch just like there basebands....lol

Dwayne

eg94

Dec 16, 2011
My thrill is a lot faster and I don't Call much so idk about ghost calls, really improved performance though.
I also noticed the browser only opens 4 windows as opposed to the 8 before the update, and the 3d converter isn't working for me,I add the games and then I play them but when I click the 3d key it takes me to the 3d space? Any ideas why

obtained

Feb 29, 2012
Tulsa
My thrill is a lot faster and I don't Call much so idk about ghost calls, really improved performance though.
I also noticed the browser only opens 4 windows as opposed to the 8 before the update, and the 3d converter isn't working for me,I add the games and then I play them but when I click the 3d key it takes me to the 3d space? Any ideas why

Are you launching the game from within the converter or just directly trying to play the game?

mugenex

Sep 25, 2009
After update my phone does not recognize my 32gb sd card. Any one have that problem or solution?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App

mikeeey

Feb 17, 2007
Everett, Washington
So here's a few questions. I currently have a V18 baseband and a O3D GB rom.

1. I've read that flashing this official AT&T GB causes tethering not to work, is this related to the rom itself or the baseband? Also, 4G will work with this update?

2. Since I'm on a European baseband and O3D rom, LG Software update doesn't recognize my phone while searching for the update, so how can I manually install the kdz?

3. I plan on just updating to Biohazzard anyway, I'm just trying to flash this new kdz for the baseband, will all the "problems" from AT&T's rom go away if I just flash it and then flash biohazzard?

Metalsteel

Mar 22, 2011
guys , NO NEED TO GO BACK TO STOCK

JUST TURN OFF YOUR PHONE AND CONNECT USB WHILE PRESSING THE VOL UP BUTTON , WAIT TILL YOUR PC DETECTS IT , THEN OPEN LG UPDATER AND GO TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT, CHOOSE RECOVERY PHONE , THEN INSERT YOUR IMEI AND PRESS CHECK >>>> VOILA .... IT WILL UPDATE DIRECTLY TO V20P

NOTES : 1- YOU SHOULD HAVE P925 OF-COURSE
2- CHOOSE USA IN COUNTRY LIST.
3- BETTER TO DO FACTORY RESET AND DATA, CASH WIPE BEFORE PROCESS
4- BE SURE THAT YOUR HOSTS FILE DOESN'T OBSTRUCT THE LG TOOL INTERNET ACCESS

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks alot for this post is was very helpful!! remember to thank him guys!! I tried to update with just the tool and it kept saying your phone model isnt supported or something like that but this method works.

Reactions: smartyenrique

eg94

Dec 16, 2011
I tried opening the game and using the 3d button that didn't work, now I opened it from the 3d converter,I gotta say the conversion sucks but really 3d just the effect with no pop

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
I tried opening the game and using the 3d button that didn't work, now I opened it from the 3d converter,I gotta say the conversion sucks but really 3d just the effect with no pop

It really depends on the game ur trying to convert. Like angry birds never looks convincing... even though it had open go and can be converted it is only a 2d game.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
So here's a few questions. I currently have a V18 baseband and a O3D GB rom.

1. I've read that flashing this official AT&T GB causes tethering not to work, is this related to the rom itself or the baseband? Also, 4G will work with this update?

2. Since I'm on a European baseband and O3D rom, LG Software update doesn't recognize my phone while searching for the update, so how can I manually install the kdz?

3. I plan on just updating to Biohazzard anyway, I'm just trying to flash this new kdz for the baseband, will all the "problems" from AT&T's rom go away if I just flash it and then flash biohazzard?

Flashing the ROM will not eliminate the problems caused by a kdz. At least from what I understand. If you get ghost calls on v20p no matter what ROM you flash you will continue to get ghost calls. It's an issue with the kdz. The way to manually install a kdz is found in Dark Lestat's guide to flashing... found here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1491870

I would flash v20c... it has the SAME baseband as v20p but I've had 0 ghost calls, lost sms, etc.

You can find v20c here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/828596013/V20C_00.kdz

It runs fine and I'm also running BioHazard. I love it. I've added some tweaks and my phone is flying. The battery life still sucks... but that's just a given at this point. Someone reported having like 20+hrs of battery life and I have NO idea how they do it. But whatever ;)

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
Trying to go from CM7 to this with the updater but it continues to give me problems during the analysis process.

Anyone else try going to this from CM7?

I've tried going back to stock but got the LG logo of death. I had to do a restore from a few months back.

Last edited:

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
it's not allowing the LG updater to "talk" to my cell phone for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not using the cable that came with the phone or what. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything like 3 times now. Keeps erring out to tell me to disconnect my phone, remove battery, try again, etc.

Little frustrating. Tried using CWM to go back to stock, but that semi bricked it and I had to do a restore from a few months back

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
If people are still experiencing ghost calls its not a big deal. I wanted to try to go back to stock, then update to see if that would get rid of them.

Top Liked Posts