[Q] Accessing WEP Protected Networks

Search This thread

limjuco07

Nov 4, 2010
Hello guys

My university uses a WEP protected network and I noticed that with the stock 4.xx roms, I can access the network. When on custom CM roms however, only Werewolf kernel (tested v7, v8 and v800b) works with my university's network. Other kernels (stock CM, OPrime/Play, Iodak) cannot connect. Is there a way to add the WEP functionality to these kernels since Werewolf appears to have the ability to do so?

balloon27

May 4, 2013
Groningen
Anyone?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

I believe WEP isn't officially supported anymore due to security issues. I'm not aware of any solution unfortunately, so there are three things you can do now:
1. Use the kernel that worked.
2. Downgrade
3. Point out to your school that they need to update their Wi-Fi network.

limjuco07

Nov 4, 2010
ok

I believe WEP isn't officially supported anymore due to security issues. I'm not aware of any solution unfortunately, so there are three things you can do now:
1. Use the kernel that worked.
2. Downgrade
3. Point out to your school that they need to update their Wi-Fi network.

Ok then.. if that's the case I guess ill be sticking with Werewolf kernel. Thanks

iodak

Jan 5, 2011
Post logcat and dmesg after trying to connect to WEP network.

Zhus06

Dec 24, 2009
I asked this same question like 5 times in 5 different threads, only werewolf kernel can connect to wep OPEN and none other kernel. But with WEP shared all kernels can connect, and yes it's a KERNEL issue.

Log coming up..