[STOCK ROM] [Root] [FTF] 4.3 Xperia Tablet Z SGP311 10.4.1.B.0.109 US_CA_PR

Search This thread

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **​

Requirements:

Flashtool 0.9.15.0
Rooted SGP311 (on any Android version up to and including 4.4.2) with custom recovery installed.

If you do not meet these conditions, for example, if you are on an unrooted system, here is a guide to get you on a rooted 4.1.2 with recovery:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53063218&postcount=14

This works on locked or unlocked bootloaders. This also works on any customization.

The procedure should work with any pre-rooted Android version but I started with 10.1.C.0.370 (4.1.2) which was rooted with DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17, patched with remountrebootfix, and equipped with XZDualRecovery.

Limitations:

This process can delete the files on your internal SDcard so back them up. Also, you will have to reinstall all your apps, as they get erased too.

Download link:

Mega
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UkshjY6A!HIW7xGf1E1oa04e0N3b1OA

You only need the zip and ftf files. The txt file is just the checksum if you want to verify that your download is error-free. I strongly recommend that you do the checksum before flashing.

Instructions:

1- Backup before you start messing with your tablet!
2- Put system.flashable.zip in /sdcard of your tablet.
3- Keep SGP311_10.4.1.B.0.109_R2C_VMo_US_CA_PR_NoSystem.ftf on your PC.
4- Disconnect any USB cable that may be attached to your tablet.
5- Reboot to recovery. Preferably to TWRP, but you can make CWM work too.
6- Do not wipe anything.
7- Once in recovery, flash system.flashable.zip.
8- It is important to NOT REBOOT the tablet after this step.
9- Find and use the Power Off option in the recovery and turn your tablet off. In CWM based PhilZ Touch it is under "Power Options" -> "Power Off". In TWRP it is under "Reboot" -> "Power Off". If you see your tablet rebooting, force it to turn off by pushing the power and volume up keys simultaneously (or however else you can!)
10- Open Flashtool 0.9.15.0 and click on the flash icon. Choose flash mode.
11- Navigate to where you have saved SGP311_10.4.1.B.0.109_R2C_VMo_US_CA_PR_NoSystem.ftf and flash this ftf with your tablet in flash mode. To put your tablet in flash mode, hold the volume down button when it is off and connect with the USB cable to the PC.
12- Reboot and enjoy!

Credits:

I only put the files together. All the credit should go to XDA's [NUT] and DooMLoRD and many others...

Last edited:

mame3876

Aug 9, 2013
hi njajoor

thanks to your guides i was able to flash in quick an easy way all the procedure was smooth.

may i kinow how did you tewk your rooted 4.3 rom or which settings do you recommend to improve the performance of the tab Z?

many thanks again

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
hi njajoor

thanks to your guides i was able to flash in quick an easy way all the procedure was smooth.

may i kinow how did you tewk your rooted 4.3 rom or which settings do you recommend to improve the performance of the tab Z?

many thanks again

This is what I do normally, but you may want to change it for you specific needs:

1- In settings:
Wifi, menu, advanced, network notification unchecked; Keep wifi on never; wifi optimization checked
NFC off
Sound, touch sound off; screen lock sound off
Display, sleep after 30 seconds, double tap to wake up checked, brightness set to lowest
Power management, stamina mode on
Keyboard, sounds feedback, sound on key press unchecked
Accounts, email: set sync frequency to 1 hour; Skype: sync off

2- install adaway

3- use titanium backup pro or apps tab in settings to freeze/disable:
Crackle and Netflix (unless you use them)
Anything with the word or logo of Facebook or twitter or social engine in it. You are better off using the browser for these.
If you use both email and Gmail apps, disable Gmail and set it up in email app.
All Google play apps except store and Services
Google plus and hangout
McAfee, reader by Sony, let's start psm, video unlimited, wisepilot
Mobile date, mobile network, sim lock, and sim toolkit (sgp311 doesn't have mobile data)
PO Box touch and Xperia Chinese keyboard (this may significantly reduce your keyboard flickering if not entirely eliminate it)

4- I install greenify, wakelock detector and juice defender on my other Android devices but I've come to believe Sony's stamina does an excellent job and none of that is necessary.

5- Turn gps on only when you use it

6- Remove active widgets from your home screen. I only have the clock and the weather left. If you want to keep the widgets put them on a separate display than the ones you keep your commonly used icons in.

With these settings mine is smooth as butter. I hope yours will be too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndwgs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
    ** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **​

Requirements:

Flashtool 0.9.15.0
    Rooted SGP311 (on any Android version up to and including 4.4.2) with custom recovery installed.

If you do not meet these conditions, for example, if you are on an unrooted system, here is a guide to get you on a rooted 4.1.2 with recovery:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53063218&postcount=14

This works on locked or unlocked bootloaders. This also works on any customization.

The procedure should work with any pre-rooted Android version but I started with 10.1.C.0.370 (4.1.2) which was rooted with DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17, patched with remountrebootfix, and equipped with XZDualRecovery.

Limitations:

This process can delete the files on your internal SDcard so back them up. Also, you will have to reinstall all your apps, as they get erased too.

Download link:

Mega
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!UkshjY6A!HIW7xGf1E1oa04e0N3b1OA

You only need the zip and ftf files. The txt file is just the checksum if you want to verify that your download is error-free. I strongly recommend that you do the checksum before flashing.

Instructions:

1- Backup before you start messing with your tablet!
    2- Put system.flashable.zip in /sdcard of your tablet.
    3- Keep SGP311_10.4.1.B.0.109_R2C_VMo_US_CA_PR_NoSystem.ftf on your PC.
    4- Disconnect any USB cable that may be attached to your tablet.
    5- Reboot to recovery. Preferably to TWRP, but you can make CWM work too.
    6- Do not wipe anything.
    7- Once in recovery, flash system.flashable.zip.
    8- It is important to NOT REBOOT the tablet after this step.
    9- Find and use the Power Off option in the recovery and turn your tablet off. In CWM based PhilZ Touch it is under "Power Options" -> "Power Off". In TWRP it is under "Reboot" -> "Power Off". If you see your tablet rebooting, force it to turn off by pushing the power and volume up keys simultaneously (or however else you can!)
    10- Open Flashtool 0.9.15.0 and click on the flash icon. Choose flash mode.
    11- Navigate to where you have saved SGP311_10.4.1.B.0.109_R2C_VMo_US_CA_PR_NoSystem.ftf and flash this ftf with your tablet in flash mode. To put your tablet in flash mode, hold the volume down button when it is off and connect with the USB cable to the PC.
    12- Reboot and enjoy!

Credits:

I only put the files together. All the credit should go to XDA's [NUT] and DooMLoRD and many others...
    I had a few requests from people who upgraded to 4.4 and were not happy with the speed. So I made these file in case you want to downgrade to rooted 4.3.

Enjoy.
    hi njajoor

many thanks again

This is what I do normally, but you may want to change it for you specific needs:

1- In settings:
    Wifi, menu, advanced, network notification unchecked; Keep wifi on never; wifi optimization checked
    NFC off
    Sound, touch sound off; screen lock sound off
    Display, sleep after 30 seconds, double tap to wake up checked, brightness set to lowest
    Power management, stamina mode on
    Keyboard, sounds feedback, sound on key press unchecked
    Accounts, email: set sync frequency to 1 hour; Skype: sync off

2- install adaway

3- use titanium backup pro or apps tab in settings to freeze/disable:
    Crackle and Netflix (unless you use them)
    Anything with the word or logo of Facebook or twitter or social engine in it. You are better off using the browser for these.
    If you use both email and Gmail apps, disable Gmail and set it up in email app.
    All Google play apps except store and Services
    Google plus and hangout
    McAfee, reader by Sony, let's start psm, video unlimited, wisepilot
    Mobile date, mobile network, sim lock, and sim toolkit (sgp311 doesn't have mobile data)
    PO Box touch and Xperia Chinese keyboard (this may significantly reduce your keyboard flickering if not entirely eliminate it)

4- I install greenify, wakelock detector and juice defender on my other Android devices but I've come to believe Sony's stamina does an excellent job and none of that is necessary.

5- Turn gps on only when you use it

6- Remove active widgets from your home screen. I only have the clock and the weather left. If you want to keep the widgets put them on a separate display than the ones you keep your commonly used icons in.

With these settings mine is smooth as butter. I hope yours will be too.