Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
it's 4.5.629.a956.verizon.en.us.
a few different things you can try
flash the 629 sbf (1FF-p3_droid2we_cdma_droid2we-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_D2GA-59-120117-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf)
with rsd lite, How to Use RSD Lite on D2G a956 to flash a .sbf (Firmware/Stock Rom) and hope that the imei is reset.
or
try using current IMEI to purchase a unlock code
or
try to fix the IMEI with cdma workshop or radiocomm
I will not be much help, with these
or
return to seller or resell

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

was this phone sold as working or as broken for parts only?

Last edited:

boajuse

Dec 22, 2013

How do you think, are any chances to unlock my phone with unlock codes for imei written under battery?
Is my firmware the STOCK one?
Is it possible to unlock it with SigmaKey?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
How do you think, are any chances to unlock my phone with unlock codes for imei written under battery?
don't think that will work unless you fix what the software says, reflashing firmware may reset imei, not sure, but it is not going to make things worse, or at least rsd lite is very safe, just follow instructions in my list
Is my firmware the STOCK one?
yes 629 is newest firmware, and it can not be downgraded
Is it possible to unlock it with SigmaKey?
maybe, but phone will need to be connected to pc with simakey.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Kalimazoo

Dec 21, 2010
Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Verizon Wireless trying to convince them that this code was their responsibility. They tried to blame it on everything else and I just happened upon the correct customer service person, Melonie, that was able to ask the right supervisor the right question and got this code for me.

I don't know if this is specific to my IMEI number. She made it sound like it was a generic unlock code. I hope it helps someone else out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

This method works for all D2G phones. I successfully unlock D2G phone that can't be unlocked by code from Verizon support.
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.
    Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
    xD
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)
    Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium