Will LG Optimus 2X/G2X support ICS?

Search This thread

pd5009

May 20, 2010
Hi all,
I am not very sure if this phone will really support ICS. Due to low amount of RAM, will it really be a kind of experience to have ICS in this phone?
Can anyone shed some light on this?

I am sick of waiting for GB upgrade for this phone, and looking forward for some of the XDA developers to bring up ICS for this phone, only if its hardware supports it (having dual core proccy with just 512mb ram is really a big bottleneck)

manasgirdhar

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester
Hi all,
I am not very sure if this phone will really support ICS. Due to low amount of RAM, will it really be a kind of experience to have ICS in this phone?

I am sick of waiting for GB upgrade for this phone, and looking forward for some of the XDA developers to bring up ICS for this phone, only if its hardware supports it (having dual core proccy with just 512mb ram is really a big bottleneck)

it may work.There are pics on the net of ICS working on nexus S.and Nexus S also has 512 mb of RAM.so i guess it should work on O2X/G2X as well

enigma00

Dec 26, 2009
San Diego
Be glad that the Ox2 is one of the CM-supported devices. CM will surely bring the ICS to the Ox2 (most likely CM8?).

PS. 512MB of RAM is the bottleneck? Really? Do you care to elaborate? What do you have problem running?

justclimb

Nov 20, 2009
Madrid
Be glad that the Ox2 is one of the CM-supported devices. CM will surely bring the ICS to the Ox2 (most likely CM8?).

PS. 512MB of RAM is the bottleneck? Really? Do you care to elaborate? What do you have problem running?

Considering the first IceCream shipped smartphones will have between 1 and 1.5 Gigas of RAM...

That's a fair presumption.

My 2cents.

orlroc

Apr 7, 2011
Nexus S have 512mb... and it will upgrade to ice... so why dual could not be upgraded???

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
The Nexus S RAM is the same amount and configuration as the O2X (512MB total, 384MB available) and there are alleged pictures of ICS on it.

The O2X will be fine.

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
Hi all,

Sony has already promised to deliver ICS for the Xperia Arc, which has 512MB, so I don't think RAM is a problem.

However, I think the REAL reason LG has been dragging their feet with GB for O2X is that they signed an agreement with Google to support their phones with new software for 18 months after release. If they had released GB earlier, they'd pretty much have to release ICS as well.

By releasing GB this late, they can simply claim there is not enough time to implement it for O2X.

So, can O2X run ICS? Most likely yes.
Will we get it? Most likely no.

XT69

Jan 23, 2011
btw i have read somewhere, that the ICS won't have any magic features, as the best features will be delayed for the next major android release... and if that's the case, i don't see the O2x not getting ICS...

manasgirdhar

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester
btw i have read somewhere, that the ICS won't have any magic features, as the best features will be delayed for the next major android release... and if that's the case, i don't see the O2x not getting ICS...

the only hope will be CM....i think that Lg is not gonna release ICS.they dont care about the customers..All they care bout it selling the hardware.there are still new features.I for one am interested in the launcher..heard its gonna be like Honeycomb.

XT69

Jan 23, 2011
there won't be honeycomb launcher, no radical changes, so probably LG will release it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LMAO, those 720p videos must look amazing on that tiny 320x480 screen :rolleyes:
    Of course it is, the Nexus S has the exact same memory set up.
    It's now officialy an ICS running phone . And Optimus officialy got canned for the upgrade. Was just talking about how that tiny phone runs 720p videos that stutter on your almighty Tegra 2 chipsets wrapt in LGs coating .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

1. LMAO, you just know how to fail. You are 3 months late. Congratz!
    2. ICS isn't only coming to Canada.
    3. With a custom rom I can play 720p videos fine. At least 720p has more point when played on a 800x480 screen rather on a 480x320 screen. Oh, I can also output them to my HDTV.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda app-developers app