clarification of rooting step by step

Search This thread

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
ok sorry about the open thread all over but i plan on making a very simple step by step insruction guide once i am successful here so please be patient with me :D

So here is what i currently have on my desktop i have the shiftrewt.zip and extracted i have individual files named tacoroot.sh and shiftrr.rar this file i realize i don't use until a later time in the proccess.

This is my current position i have the pg06img.zip on the root of my sd card as well as the "misc img". i followed the instructions listed here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23895078

so the first thing i did was open terminal and typed adb or what ever i will clearify later when i make a guide. ran the script and showed the adb help lines... so i ran this script following.. adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/tmp/taco
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/taco
adb shell sh /data/local/tmp/taco --setup
YOU NEED TO Hit Vol up + Vol Down + Power all at once after it goes into recovery!

and i get file or directory does not exist so i am confused on what i did wrong does the taco root also need to be in the root of the sd card?? then this follows: however have not gotten this far yet..

After it reboots type:
Code:
adb shell sh /data/local/tmp/taco --root
and then you use
Code:
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
Pull your battery after you check the md5sum of the img by using adb shell md5sum /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
and then reboot into hboot to downgrade

so the question here is how to boot into hboot? and what options do i select to downgrade.. and after this is finallized i know i run the shiftrr.rar extract and run the shiftrr.exe

thanks for your help i plan on making this a universal guide and will upgrade while i can and i do plan on giveing proper credit to those originators and those that helped along the way thanks :)

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Yes sir i am trying to avoid the htc unlock tool as i am on 2.3.4

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Really the treads posted that i linked to have links to downgrade and then i use the rrshift rar to get and what not...

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
I figure there is no choice due to the lack of support i am seeing here if i were in another device chances are i would have been rooted and been foashing by know so i am stick on stock with no where to go not to be rude thanks for the help this far but no one seems to be reading this thread just talking about off topic stuff oh well :(

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I figure there is no choice due to the lack of support i am seeing here if i were in another device chances are i would have been rooted and been foashing by know so i am stick on stock with no where to go not to be rude thanks for the help this far but no one seems to be reading this thread just talking about off topic stuff oh well :(

:confused: :confused: :confused: Whoa, whoa, whoa.... You need to slow your roll and relax with that ying yang. As for the no support comment, what exactly do you mean? I have personally, in I believe four DIFFERENT threads tried helping you. So have others, no one said it was going to easy. Every device is slightly different. We all have lives outside of XDA. Every time I root a device it's a new experience, it never goes as planned. You just have to adapt and move foward. But making FALSE statements like that does not help anyone. Search and read some more. I will continue to try and help you. Oh and FYI there's a little known tradition we have around here of hitting the THANKS BuTTON :rolleyes: .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
:confused: :confused: :confused: Whoa, whoa, whoa.... You need to slow your roll and relax with that ying yang. As for the no support comment, what exactly do you mean? I have personally, in I believe four DIFFERENT threads tried helping you. So have others, no one said it was going to easy. Every device is slightly different. We all have lives outside of XDA. Every time I root a device it's a new experience, it never goes as planned. You just have to adapt and move foward. But making FALSE statements like that does not help anyone. Search and read some more. I will continue to try and help you. Oh and FYI there's a little known tradition we have around here of hitting the THANKS BuTTON :rolleyes: .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Apparently watching youtube videos and reading is too much work for him.

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Sorry dude on my phone will hit the thanks when i get at a pc and a little frustrated no offence and no one on this thread has really responded directly to my op so i am a little frustrated not trying to cause turmoil here...

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
i usually do know what i am doing how ever i get error listed above so believe i am not putting files in the right places and that is where i usually get a bit confused on proper placemetn of files..

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
dear fellow xda shift member i truly do apologize for being out of line earlier you guys do help just not my current sitution so it look like as though i might have to suck it up and use the htc unlock too and unlcok the bootloader and watch the videos thanks guys for all you efforts in this matter and i know how this is a hobby and not a profession.. :)

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Not so much man decided to just use the htc unlocker tool have a few questions about it if you can

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
ok... will do... i opened the evo 3d bootloader unlock and it mentions i have to upgrade the ruu basically plug phone in enable usb debugging and follow the on screen prompts and nothing happends.. is this something i need to be concerned about?? and the next thing is the img zip for the 3d i am assuming that i don't use that "rom" and i replace that with the downgrade version zip correct?? edit i got the bootloader unlocked now i am trying to figure the next step in the proccess..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To many "one-click" programs for other phones have made people not truely understand/know what they are doing. Its a shame.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    ok so the pg06 img worked i am now on 2.2 but my bootloader still stays s on?? is this normal or am i missing something??

Yes, that is normal. The PG06IMG.zip ruu just brings you back to 2.2 and the old hboot. Now that you're on 2.2, getting s-off is really easy. Either use ShiftRR or the manual Froyo root method here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=932153.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11

dear fellow xda shift member i truly do apologize for being out of line earlier you guys do help just not my current sitution so it look like as though i might have to suck it up and use the htc unlock too and unlcok the bootloader and watch the videos thanks guys for all you efforts in this matter and i know how this is a hobby and not a profession.. :)