[4.4][19.6.3][Radio] MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.031.111.00r

Search This thread

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
YOU HOLD MYSELF AND XDA FREE FROM ANY LIABILITY. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Pulled the radio for the Droid Maxx. Version 2323.031.111.00r. For those who need to reflash or want the baseband without updating.

INSTALLATION:

1) Download the Files here http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00132/FBi/4.4_19.6.3%20radio.zip

2) Reboot into bootloader

3) Open a command prompt and type these commands

Code:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot reboot

4) Verify all commands were successful

5) Verify correct baseband version in about phone

6) Profit. Thank baby jesus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-08-10-46-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-10-46-48.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,719
Last edited:

mooneyspam

Jul 2, 2011
I've always had to play with radios on previous devices. Some seem to work better in some areas. According to my signal my 3g got better with these and my 4g got slightly worse. I have started finding dead spots with no 4g since when I had 4g jn that location previously. I'm wondering if the 4.4.2 release will have a tweaked signal to help with the radio or if it will be the same for me when I'm running 4.4.2

VBlack

Oct 31, 2004
Any different betwwen the 4.4.2 and 4.4 stock one?

It is definitely fix an issue with no GPRS/EDGE data connection after wifi connection. Battery works better for me, but I think, generally because of this bug with data connection, which I see constantly every day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I have been getting the restricted access changed and lose all signal for a few seconds then It restores. I thought it may be the radio and changed to the 4.2.2 didn't fix it. So I'm off to Verizon for a new sim card don't know what else it could be.

VBlack

Oct 31, 2004
What bug with data connection? Either I'm not experiencing it or simply am to ignorant to notice its effects on the device.

Sent from my XT1080DEV using Tapatalk

There was a bug with Gsm/EDGE data connection in our 3g networks (at least Ukrainian): after use of wifi connection (when wifi is lost) - phone couldn't access cell data connection sometimes. To restore cell data connection we should switch to phone mode and back - it helps most of the time. 7/10 reproduction ratio - and it is boring, and even more - when you moved out of wifi zone, you could not notice that your phone has no connection anymore...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CarnivoreMatt

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Carrier unlock?

Does this or any other solution exist to use another carrier outside US?

I am outside US and the Droid Maxx allows me to access data on local SIM here, but mobile network shows no service.
I tried that with two GSM carriers. 2G and 3G both work fine though.

Is there a way to unlock the carrier?

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Does this or any other solution exist to use another carrier outside US?

I am outside US and the Droid Maxx allows me to access data on local SIM here, but mobile network shows no service.
I tried that with two GSM carriers. 2G and 3G both work fine though.

Is there a way to unlock the carrier?

Maxx is not carrier (SIM) locked.

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Droid Maxx

Maxx is not carrier (SIM) locked.

After spending an hour with VZ on chat, I came to the conclusion that since the phone was not activate on VZ before leaving US, the 'international use' was not activated.
Hence the phone has to be brought back to US for the activation and then it can be used internationally.

Isn't there some other firmware that I can install to get around this?

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
After spending an hour with VZ on chat, I came to the conclusion that since the phone was not activate on VZ before leaving US, the 'international use' was not activated.
Hence the phone has to be brought back to US for the activation and then it can be used internationally.

Isn't there some other firmware that I can install to get around this?

That's false. You probably need the correct APN for your network

Droid Maxx "Developer Edition"
Running Official 4.4.2 found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682919

Top Liked Posts