[Q] Just mildly freaking out.

Search This thread

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
Got a HTC One with Vodafone last tuesday, installed Cyanogenmod using the latest installer. (Thought it would be easiest.)
Now whenever I try and boot it up, I'm stuck on the boot logo consistently spinning. Can't even get into the OS.
I have no idea what I'm doing to be perfectly honest, I've tried everything I can think of, rumrunner won't detect my phone, it's on the boot menu,
i can't even see a micro sd slot to try and put another rom on.

My bootloader is unlocked, and I'll give you guys the specifics, if any of you could help me out I'd be so grateful, I really can't afford to have to hire someone to do this just now.

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT- 1.55 0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OPENDSP-V32.120.274.0909
OS-3.63.161 6
eMMC-BOOT 2048MB
Nov 5 2013

Like I say, I'm pretty much brand new to this stuff so if somebody could give me a sorta to-do list, I'd be so chuffed.

ps. Sorry if this is already all over the forum, I've barely slept and couldn't find anything.
cheers guys.

jlongrc

Jan 7, 2014
Have you been able to get into recovery?

Press and hold power+vol-down and watch for the home and back buttons to flash. This will get it to power off, if it is really still sitting there looping the boot animation. Do the same thing with the power off to boot into recovery. Be advised you may be holding in excess of 10 seconds. If that isn't working, the problem might be above my paygrade.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Got a HTC One with Vodafone last tuesday, installed Cyanogenmod using the latest installer. (Thought it would be easiest.)
Now whenever I try and boot it up, I'm stuck on the boot logo consistently spinning. Can't even get into the OS.
I have no idea what I'm doing to be perfectly honest, I've tried everything I can think of, rumrunner won't detect my phone, it's on the boot menu,
i can't even see a micro sd slot to try and put another rom on.

My bootloader is unlocked, and I'll give you guys the specifics, if any of you could help me out I'd be so grateful, I really can't afford to have to hire someone to do this just now.

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT- 1.55 0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OPENDSP-V32.120.274.0909
OS-3.63.161 6
eMMC-BOOT 2048MB
Nov 5 2013

Like I say, I'm pretty much brand new to this stuff so if somebody could give me a sorta to-do list, I'd be so chuffed.

ps. Sorry if this is already all over the forum, I've barely slept and couldn't find anything.
cheers guys.

Shut down the phone byvkeeping the power button pressed. Then boot up the phone holding Power+Volume down. Get into recovery. Wipe all partitions EXCEPT THE INTERNAL STORAGE. Go to wipe nd choose the 4 partitions, but not internal storage. Flash the rom zip again. Reboot

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014

I can put it into recovery but whenever I try and install a new rom, I either get android info sparse messages, or 12 signature failure. Rumrunner wont detect my phone, I can't find my stock ruu, I don't know what to do.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
I can put it into recovery but whenever I try and install a new rom, I either get android info sparse messages, or 12 signature failure. Rumrunner wont detect my phone, I can't find my stock ruu, I don't know what to do.

reboot into bootloader and using fastboot, type fastboot getvar all and post the output

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
C:\Users\admin\Downloads\HTC One Toolkit - Squabbi - 3.1.2>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.161.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA38VW900123
(bootloader) imei: Moderator EDIT removed IMEI as it is personal information
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: VODAP001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3726mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-ea0bccbd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.057s

Last edited by a moderator:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Reactions: lfantz

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
that worked mate, i got twrp on.
but i can't get to the link you posted, anyone able to help a brother out?

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
I'm trying to sideload the zip, but it's coming up on my phone as unable to mount storage.

also, twrp asks me for a password when i first go into recovery, although i am able to click cancel and it goes away. not sure if these are related problems.

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
managed to get it onto the guru reset zip onto my sd card, everytime i try and install the zip through twrp though, it comes up with
Updating partition details
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/reset.zip'

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
is anyone able to help me through this last wee step? i can't find any information anywhere.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
managed to get it onto the guru reset zip onto my sd card, everytime i try and install the zip through twrp though, it comes up with
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/reset.zip'

Did you check the MD5 on the reset file
Step 1:
Download the attachment.

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=22900&t=5&i=1

Step 2:
Unzip md5.zip and launch md5.exe

Step 3:
Look up the MD5 sum of the .zip (for rom, kernel, anything), (example on Viper3D rom: e8d262b569b912c82b7a43168441831b)

Step 4:
Copy it to clipboard (Ctrl + C).

Step 5:
Press Paste in the md5.exe program.

Step 6:
Press Browse and look up your rom.

Step 7:
Wait for it to complete.
I will either match or not match.
If not, download the file again
if it matched try flashing again

Step 8:
All done!

Last edited:

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
Did you check the MD5 on the reset file
Step 1:
Download the attachment.

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=22900&t=5&i=1

Step 2:
Unzip md5.zip and launch md5.exe

Step 3:
Look up the MD5 sum of the .zip (for rom, kernel, anything), (example on Viper3D rom: e8d262b569b912c82b7a43168441831b)

Step 4:
Copy it to clipboard (Ctrl + C).

Step 5:
Press Paste in the md5.exe program.

Step 6:
Press Browse and look up your rom.

Step 7:
Wait for it to complete.
I will either match or not match.
If not, download the file again
if it matched try flashing again

Step 8:
All done!

says it matched, but it's still coming up with "failed" and the error.

can i just add that i'm trying to boot the rom using twrp as flashing through fastboot isn't working

Last edited:

lfantz

Mar 11, 2014
was using 2.6.3.3 originally, but read that it might work on an older version, so tried 2.6.3.0 and the same thing happened.

Top Liked Posts