[Q] Nexus 7 Booting Failed & No ADB Connection

Search This thread

greyphox

Nov 16, 2012
Preston
Hi Guys

Another rooting/flashing noob here that's messed up his N7 sorry

I know there's other threads with similair issues but they all advise fixes involving using adb connection and usb debugging which I cannot do (explained below)

My device will turn on, it goes to the google logo with the green start icon, I can select and go into bootloader and recovery, if I press start it says booting failed in the upper left corner and will go no further.

My device is plugged in via usb, i have the latest rookit 1.5.5, and sdk installed etc, i also have the naked drivers and the factory images from google on my pc.

The machine came with 4.1.2 installed (nakasi-jzo54k).

To mess it up, somewhere in between updating to 4.2, rooting and unrooting it, and flashing it i must have done something wrong but being a happy button bashing noob I don't know what exactly...

And yes I also didn't make a backup of any kind because well I'm just a moron and lesson well learnt.

So yeah, I have no adb connection, can't go into debuging mode and it won't boot.

Does anybody know if there is anyway I can restore my tablet please? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Hi Guys

Another rooting/flashing noob here that's messed up his N7 sorry

I know there's other threads with similair issues but they all advise fixes involving using adb connection and usb debugging which I cannot do (explained below)

My device will turn on, it goes to the google logo with the green start icon, I can select and go into bootloader and recovery, if I press start it says booting failed in the upper left corner and will go no further.

My device is plugged in via usb, i have the latest rookit 1.5.5, and sdk installed etc, i also have the naked drivers and the factory images from google on my pc.

The machine came with 4.1.2 installed (nakasi-jzo54k).

To mess it up, somewhere in between updating to 4.2, rooting and unrooting it, and flashing it i must have done something wrong but being a happy button bashing noob I don't know what exactly...

And yes I also didn't make a backup of any kind because well I'm just a moron and lesson well learnt.

So yeah, I have no adb connection, can't go into debuging mode and it won't boot.

Does anybody know if there is anyway I can restore my tablet please? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks

If you got half way through rooting, what has happened to your ADB?
Try the option "Return to stock and Flash stock image" try that.

What message does ADB give you etc?

greyphox

Nov 16, 2012
Preston
If you got half way through rooting, what has happened to your ADB?
Try the option "Return to stock and Flash stock image" try that.

What message does ADB give you etc?

Hi thanks

Well when I run 'adb devices' in dos the device does not come up, blank etc

but if in the advanced utilities section of the rookit it will reboot it and say connected etc when i try to boot/flash image for bootloader, system, recovery etc but always goes back to google logo and won't boo up, can still get into bootloader and recovery though

i fully rooted it and unrooted it, i tried to flash 4.1.1 to see if i could thats when this all started

if i try flash stock + unroot option (device is on/normal) sub option the rootkit tries to check adb status and says not connected etc which makes sense as dos won't detect it, if this helps in device manager its coming up as...

samsung android phone
android bootloader interface
so i that driver in rootkit to manually install the naked drivers in device manager and it will say they are up to date etc

so the advanced utilities section for boot/flash image will communicate but no other.....

flash stock root used to detect it but even then in dos it would give me the 'too many links error'

I just hope there is a solution.... and i hope all that makes sense sorry

Cheers

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Hi thanks

Well when I run 'adb devices' in dos the device does not come up, blank etc

but if in the advanced utilities section of the rookit it will reboot it and say connected etc when i try to boot/flash image for bootloader, system, recovery etc but always goes back to google logo and won't boo up, can still get into bootloader and recovery though

i fully rooted it and unrooted it, i tried to flash 4.1.1 to see if i could thats when this all started

if i try flash stock + unroot option (device is on/normal) sub option the rootkit tries to check adb status and says not connected etc which makes sense as dos won't detect it, if this helps in device manager its coming up as...

samsung android phone
android bootloader interface
so i that driver in rootkit to manually install the naked drivers in device manager and it will say they are up to date etc

so the advanced utilities section for boot/flash image will communicate but no other.....

flash stock root used to detect it but even then in dos it would give me the 'too many links error'

I just hope there is a solution.... and i hope all that makes sense sorry

Cheers

Have you added ADB to your envioronment varibles?
If not,

Control Panel -> Advanced -> Envioronment Variables, then add the path to your SDK folder to it, after the other variables (Variables are separated using ; )

Also, try to install the drivers, using Wug's method, thats THE ONLY ONE that worked for me, unistall anything to do with nexus before hand.

Goto Device manager, find anything that involves Nexus or Android.

Then Start the "Full Driver Method" on Wugs kit.

This should sort your driver issue.

Then the Nexus should be visible through ADB.

PS- Your adb isnt broken if its accepting the commands.

The reason your device isnt listed, is the Drivers.
You have driver issues, so try the what I just stated and let me know :).

greyphox

Nov 16, 2012
Preston
If not,

Control Panel -> Advanced -> Envioronment Variables, then add the path to your SDK folder to it, after the other variables (Variables are separated using ; )

Also, try to install the drivers, using Wug's method, thats THE ONLY ONE that worked for me, unistall anything to do with nexus before hand.

The first step in the full driver guide in wugs kit is to enable usb debugging which i cannot do though as it won't power on.......

I have added the environmental variabes before yes sorry, qbkings utube vids showed me how to do that

Just tried these steps
toolkit home screen, flash stock + unroot (softbricked bootloop)
then naksaki 4.2 jzo54k, auto download and extract.

it got to dos stage and i get 'Failed bootloader is locked'

??? thanks again

greyphox

Nov 16, 2012
Preston
If not,

OK unlocked it via the main unlock option on rootkit and it unlocked ok, so im now re-trying te softbricked option to flash etc and its currently.. writing system...

oldandodd

Aug 8, 2013
Unlocked but... what do I do now?

Newbie but old or old but newbie - With the need and not just a curious want, to be able to "rename" my Nexus 7 v1 so I can see a friendly name in my old DD-WRTed Linksys GL, I finally had enough gumption to try rooting this tablet.:)

So, I was excited that when I used Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.8 on my Nexus 7 v1, following the "easy and visual" steps, I actually managed to unlock this device. But when it came to the "root" part, the ADB repeatedly failed to recognize this tablet. I tried all the suggested steps and remedies, but so far, nada.

The tablet now boots past the white "Google" with an unlocked icon at the bottom, but nothing beyond thea big white "right-arrow" on the screen. I can choose a Wi-Fi signal to connect to, but that's it.:confused:

This is my first tablet and I have been playing with it for the past 3 months. I know people here are more than willing to help, so thank you in advance.

BTW, I am not that young to spend hours way past sleeping time to scour for answers and piece it together.

Noobiewan

Sep 24, 2013
This worked for me...

Download the image file for your device which you can find at the Google Developer's site

Copy the uncompressed files from the image archive to the platform-tools folder of the Android SDK

Use the up and down volume on the device to get into bootloader mode. Connect the device to a usb port.

Open a command prompt in the platform tools folder and run the flash-all batch file to load the image to your device. After a few minutes I got the happy X logo to get me back to a blank slate.

Top Liked Posts