Light sensor of Micromax canvas 4 A210 and Lux autobrightness

Search This thread

Atharkhan101

Account currently disabled
My Micromax canvas 4 A210 won't read the values of the light sensor between 1 and 51 (never saw light sensor reading from 2-50). I'm concerned as other devices (not same canvas 4) read the values and the app 'Lux autobrightness' works well. Manufacturer of light sensor is Capella. I also discussed with Developer of Lux autobrightness and he just cant make the app 100% working for the 'Capella' light sensor.

BELOW is my email to Lux autobrighness developer:

Hey Vito, hope you are doing well.

My friend has this phone (Micromax A94 canvas Mad) and Lux is perfectly working (values are changing in Setting > Advance > Debug). My phone is Micromax canvas 4 A210 highly advanced than my him and values in Debug section, light sensor shows only 1 and 51 value. In his phone, values CHANGES like 1,6, 8 and so on swiftly according to ambient brightness.

What I observed is that, the light sensor of TAOS semiconductor corp. which is in my friend's phone, is much compatible with Lux and my light sensor is Capella. I tested both phones with same settings, HIS phone respond to change in lux values in Debug page and NOT MINE.

Hope you'll fix this. Thank you.

Please visit the link below to find the conversation between me and the developer of Lux autobrightness app:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1944921&page=144

Last edited: