[Q] Why my Note3 can't have Kitkat Kies or OTA ?

Search This thread

polux400

Jun 21, 2010
Hello,

I bought my Note3 in a spanish online store and i use it in France.

I'm still in 4.3 because the upgrade doesn't show up OTA or on KIES, they both say that I have the latest version.
It seems that the upgrade is available in these 2 countries, so I don't really understant why I can't upgrade ?
I have attached a screen of my "About device" section if it can helps.

Thank you for your help.

1396281733-screenshot-2014-03-31-17-40-15-640x480.png

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hello,

I'm still in 4.3 because the upgrade doesn't show up OTA or on KIES, they both say that I have the latest version.
It seems that the upgrade is available in these 2 countries, so I don't really understant why I can't upgrade ?

Thank you for your help.

It depends on your CSC.

Please use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ app to check for your CSC first, and then search on the sammobile.com if there is an update for your CSC.

Download link in my signature.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
If not buying from Samsung authorized retailers with its original warranty, u may want to check ur system status. Whether modified or official. And u better go to download mode as well to check the knox flag status :D
Happened to my friend new note N9005.
Status modified, knox 0x1.
:)
And the phone can't get OTA.

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.

Reactions: polux400

polux400

Jun 21, 2010
Thank you for your answers.

I've downloaded the application, I have still full knox warrantly ((0x0), but I have found that my phone comes from Austria.
AP & CP : N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC : N9005ATODMJ4

Apparently, the kitkat update will not come soon for this country, so I will have to flash the latest french XEF rom.

Thank you, problem solved :)

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Just thought I'd add, Kies 3 lost support of updating the Note 3 after the new bootloader came out on JB MJ1... Samsung have, in their infinite wisdom, NOT fixed support for this. If anything goes wrong with a flash or OTA then you are stuck using ODIN to fix... The whole "Rmergency Firmware Recovery" thing is just a load o crap....

Reactions: antique_sonic

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Thank you for your answers.

I've downloaded the application, I have still full knox warrantly ((0x0), but I have found that my phone comes from Austria.
AP & CP : N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC : N9005ATODMJ4

Apparently, the kitkat update will not come soon for this country, so I will have to flash the latest french XEF rom.

Thank you, problem solved :)

U don't need to depend on ota or kies. Just upgrade through ODIN.
Sometimes wait for OTA will make u fèel so much envy to others who got it alrd. :)
And flash through ODIN is much better.

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Thank you for your help.

It depends on your CSC.

Please use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ app to check for your CSC first, and then search on the sammobile.com if there is an update for your CSC.

Download link in my signature.
    If not buying from Samsung authorized retailers with its original warranty, u may want to check ur system status. Whether modified or official. And u better go to download mode as well to check the knox flag status :D
    Happened to my friend new note N9005.
    Status modified, knox 0x1.
    :)
    And the phone can't get OTA.

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.
    Just thought I'd add, Kies 3 lost support of updating the Note 3 after the new bootloader came out on JB MJ1... Samsung have, in their infinite wisdom, NOT fixed support for this. If anything goes wrong with a flash or OTA then you are stuck using ODIN to fix... The whole "Rmergency Firmware Recovery" thing is just a load o crap....