Hard drive support

Search This thread

iii2

Oct 10, 2012
Hello, I thought about buying an amazon fire tv and installing xbmc on it. my interent connection is just too slow for plex, netflixh or every other streaming options.
So, If i would install xbmc, could i play mkv 720p files with it?
Im only looking for a streamer that can play this type of files, I've also considered the WD TV Live but the amzon fire tv have better processor, and i doesn't know if it's pay off :confused:

Thanks for the future helpers

Lobo Lansky

Jan 2, 2009
Hello, I thought about buying an amazon fire tv and installing xbmc on it. my interent connection is just too slow for plex, netflixh or every other streaming options.
Im only looking for a streamer that can play this type of files, I've also considered the WD TV Live but the amzon fire tv have better processor, and i doesn't know if it's pay off :confused:

To be honest if your not gonna stream then it's best to get wd live hub with 1tb hard drive in it. I have all my 1080p mkv movies in them and it works great. I also have the amazon fire also but my downloaded movies I keep on the wd.

fireTVnews.com

Jun 6, 2014
www.fireTVnews.com

The Fire TV does not support playing files from a connected hard drive. Not through any apps, including XBMC. The only way to get the content on your hard drive to play on the Fire TV is to connect the hard drive to a PC and make the files available over the network through a sharing protocol like SMB. Then XBMC will see the files shared on the network and play them.