[ROM] CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL for p769 [10/18/2013]

Search This thread

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
but i love having the seamless experience as well as the fact that it wouldn't be another service running ontop of the os ...( i may be wrong )
That turned to be impossible. The back LED is controlled by the camera on our device, the lm3559 driver is not loading. In fact it's not even being probed probably because some other camera-related driver already grabbed the hardware. So I can't control it. Otherwise it would've been quite simple.
The Torch app that comes with the CM also controls the back LED with the camera interface. If somebody's curious try starting the Torch light and monitor logcat with adb - crazy sh*t, just to make one single LED light.

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
OP updated.

BLN included (same as in the latest test kernel.)

The BLN blinking can be adjusted in the Advanced Settings. Keep the LED-off long and LED-on short to conserve battery. Default period: 7 sec off, 50 ms on.

Some audio changes:

Kernel supports microphone preamplifier gain controls, separate for MAIN and SUB. The range is only 30dB but it makes a difference, especially when trying to record something loud, like a concert. You have to experiment with the gains. Adjustments are in Advanced Settings.

I have made some changes to the microphone volumes in audio HAL. I removed some (what I think was) excessive high-pass filtering and reduced some microphone levels. Lets start from here and see if some levels still need to be tweaked. If you think they are for some particular scenarios, let me know.

Repo is synced but not much there.

Last edited:

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
Reactions: carlosnumbertwo

carlosnumbertwo

May 17, 2009
Something tells me that on our phone this solution will be absolutely terrible. To light that LED the phone has to be not just awaken but the whole camera interface brought up. This will eat the battery very fast.

As I said - monitor logcat while Torch is on, you'll see what's required to have this LED lit :)

And you're more than likely absolutely correct. Lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
I uploaded to another dropbox account for now and updated OP. Will need to do something about it, but later.

animusFL

May 25, 2011
Edit: link removed, new version, links and mirrors on OP...
Here's a mirror of the 20130812 build on mega, only posted here, hope this helps.
LINK REMOVED

sent from my p769, CM10.1, using Tapatalk4 beta

Last edited:

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
May as well hold until tomorrow, I will post a build with separate gain adjustments for main and sub mikes tomorrow. Should have done it this way in the first place.

EDIT: Actually stop and wait. I also screwed up camera microphone in this build, accidentally switched it to main instead of default sub. Was investigating is it possible to do stereo recordings (don't know yet) and left out some testing code. I have already separated the mike gains, working good, so will be recompiling tomorrow. Warning: Will be also redoing top commits to device and kernel.

Last edited:

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Thanks for everything and your hard work, I've been meaning to take a couple of logs for a problem I've been having, but you keep pushing updates, Lol. I'll check out your latest version tomorrow and post a logcat if the problem persist. The issue is related to audio.

CM 10.1 P769

Last edited:

elpuertorro

May 5, 2011
Manati
@AntonX anyway i can help you with the bluetooth audio thing or is that part of what your fixing with the mic gains? need a log or something, and if so which one?

By the way thank you so much for this man!!

ps: Should consider uploading to Mega so me and (assigned volunteer lol)animusFL can provide you with quick mirros and help you out. think about it ;)

Last edited:

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
@AntonX anyway i can help you with the bluetooth audio thing or is that part of what your fixing with the mic gains? need a log or something, and if so which one?

By the way thank you so much for this man!!

ps: Should consider uploading to Mega so me and (assigned volunteer lol)animusFL can provide you with quick mirros and help you out. think about it ;)

But then it becomes a drag for downloading straight to the phone..

Sent From My Dot And Ghost Eating P769
Axios!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.1 UNOFFICIAL for LG Optimus L9 p769

This is unofficial build. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone.

Only for P769 version of the phone. Do not attempt to flash on any other device.

The phone bootloader has to be unlocked and correct recovery installed.

Please avoid discussing general unlocking, rooting, and other unrelated to development issues in this thread.

Watch for bugs. Report with logcat and dmesg.

Features
    - Mostly based on p760 device tree.
    - No emulated internal storage. Single external SD card configuration. (Read note in the 2nd post)
    - Apps 2 SD support
    - BLN support (limited, read note the the 2nd post)
    - Analog amplifier gain control with Voodoo Sound support (read note in the 2nd post)
    - Microphone preamplifier gain adjustments
    - Performance kernel with OC/UV
    - Advanced Settings to control kernel clocks

Kernel
    - Compiled with Linaro 4.7
    - Extended frequency table with 200MHz, 1200MHz, 1350MHz (overclocking doesn't work on some phones)
    - Slightly undervolted
    - Userspace voltage control. Use SetCPU, VoltageControl, or similar. Warning: Save a recovery script with either of these programs before playing with voltages!
    - GPU is extended with 384MHz, IVA with 430 MHz
    - Selectable screen-off maximum frequency
    - Included SmartassV2 governor, SIO scheduler.
    - Few performance tweaks.
    - Kernel without performance tweaks available here

Bugs
    - No 1080p in camcorder
    - Usual p760 CM10.1 issues, if any

Installation
    - If going from non-CM10.1 ROM, backup your data and do full reset. If updating from CM10.1 it is usually not necessary.
    - Copy to SD and flash with CWM.
    - Flash correct version of Gapps

Download
    cm-10.1-20131018-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip (Mega)
    cm-10.1-20131018-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip (Dropbox)

Sources
    Github

History

Upstream merges

10/18/2013
    - Reduced call microphone volumes even more

10/07/2013
    cm-10.1-20131007-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - Reduced call microphone volumes

09/07/2013
    cm-10.1-20130927-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - CM 10.1.3

09/07/2013
    cm-10.1-20130907-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - CM 10.1.3 RC2

8/30/2013
    cm-10.1-20130830-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 RC1
    - updated radio blobs to LG v20f
    - fixed vibrator tuning in Advanced settings
    - minor tweaks

8/23/2013
    cm-10.1-20130823-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - adjusted power profile
    - reduced in-call Bluetooth microphone volume
    - some upstream picks and minor tweaks

08/19/2013
    cm-10.1-20130819-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - added BLN settings to Parts
    - added vibrator intensity to Parts
    - run ADB as root by default
    - few tweaks

---- project split to CM10.2 here ----

08/13/2013
    cm-10.1-20130813-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - kernel with BLN support
    - added BLN blinking adjustments to Advanced Settings
    - added microphone preamp gain control to the kernel, adjustable from Advanced Settings
    - changes to some audio volumes

08/08/2013
    cm-10.1-20130808-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - added option to disable touch LEDs
    - fixed USB mass storage
    - Interactive governor updated to 3.4

08/05/2013
    cm-10.1-20130805-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - fixed in-call headset volume control
    - reduced headset volume
    - added analog amplifier gain control with Voodoo Sound support

08/01/2013
    cm-10.1-20130801-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - IVA (Image Video Accelerator) overclocking
    - GPU underclocking
    - maximum screen-off frequency
    - user settings to control the clocks (Settings->Device->Advanced)
    - minor improvements to overclocking

07/29/2013
    cm-10.1-20130729-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - switched board to p769
    - increased microphone volume
    - fixed bluetooth call audio

07/26/2013
    cm-10.1-20130726-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - kernel: fixed excessive WiFi power consumption

07/22/2013
    cm-10.1-20130722-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - disabled internal sdcard emulation
    - kernel is back to using omap4 audio codec

07/19/2013
    cm-10.1-20130719-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - fixed proximity sensor

07/17/2013
    - Some changes to device, including another audio fix picked from p760
    - Kernel:
    --- Now using twl6040 audio drivers from LG source drop
    --- SIO and SmartassV2
    --- Entropy tweak
    --- Force volume mounts with noatime
    --- Picked a merge with common android kernel, version is bumped to 3.0.31
    --- Compiled with Linaro 4.7

07/12/2013
    cm-10.1-20130712-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - Kernel with OC/UV
    - Ported commit from p760 device to fix call echo and low speaker volume
    - Repo synced

07/09/2013
    cm-10.1-20130709-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    Notes

Storage

Originally our phone has very awkward, confusing, and often misunderstood configuration for external storage. Why all these strange emulated directories with cryptic numbers? Well, the numbers are needed for multiuser environment but we don't care about it as on phones it's not enabled. It appears that there is internal /sdcard (or /storage/sdcard0 which is the same) and everybody is welcome to store data on it. Truth of the matter is - there is no dedicated internal sdcard on our phone. There in no separate microchip, no separate partition, the internal sdcard does not exist. It is emulated by FUSE inside /data partition. The original location of files is /data/media/0 and /sdcard just simulates a drive from this directory. It means that every time you save anything to /sdcard, the space will be taken away from /data. Even worse, all apps think that /sdcard is real external storage and will dump data there. Very soon you will find that you've run out of space in /data and cannot install apps anymore. This configuration would have worked fine if we had big internal MMC card but unfortunately ours is quite small. So the best practice is not to use /sdcard at all and keep it as empty as possible. But if it's better not to use it, why even have it?
    This ROM completely removes emulation of internal sdcard. There is only single /sdcard0 now and it is mounted to your real external SD. Android and all apps see it properly as external storage. There are no problems anymore with space hungry apps like big games. All downloads will go to the external SD as expected. Apps2SD works seamlessly because storage not emulated. The whole configuration is much more straightforward and easier to work with.

If you have files previously stored on /sdcard0, they are still accessible from /data/media/0, but it is better to move them from there to free space in /data.

If you have installed RemountSD or similar, uninstall it, you don't need it anymore.

If after updating to not-emulated ROM you find that the Camera does not store pictures, just clear its data in Android Settings->Apps->All->Gallery (yes, Camera is part of Gallery.)

Audio Amplifier Analog Gain

Controlling amplifier gain allows to play music both louder (+12dB) at high volumes and clearer at low volumes. The gain adjustment can be found in Android Advanced settings.
    The included twl6040 kernel driver also simulates Wolfson wm8994 Voodoo Sound extension for headset amplifier. If Voodoo Sound is installed and Smart Amplifier is enabled, the amplifier gain will be controlled together with the volume. This maintains optimal Signal-to-Noise ratio at low volumes.

Voodoo Sound app shows incorrect range of levels: -57dB..+5dB. In fact our amplifier range is -30dB..0dB in 2dB steps. This discrepancy does not affect the functionality.

The amplifier returns to default gain upon a call or any other microphone activity. After the microphone activity is finished the gain control is re-enabled.

The kernel also supports controlling microphone preamplifier gains. The gain can be adjusted for certain scenarios, for example lowered to capture loud audio during concerts. Camera is using SUB microphone.

BLN

BLN will consume some battery when a notification is in progress. For the the touch LEDs to be lit our phone has to be awake, otherwise the power to the controller goes down and the LEDs turn off. In order to conserve the battery the kernel implements only blinking notifications. The kernel will hold a wakelock only during the short LEDs-On phase and release it when LEDs are Off letting the phone go back to sleep. Native BLN blinking is disabled.
    BLN can be enabled either with neldar's app (his paid version supports scheduling) or in the Advanced Settings.
    OP updated.

The product board has changed to p769. Kernel doesn't need CONFIG_MACH_LGE_U2_P760 to be set anymore, which was not a good thing to have.

Fixed bluetooth SCO, in-call audio works.

Increased microphone volume for some scenarios like camcorder or general use. Report if you find any issues.

Repo synced today.

Note: I will not do anything about CM10.2 until it becomes more stable and probably not before p760 tree switches to it.
    OP updated

Added Image Video Accelerator (IVA) overclocking. It is used to encode/decode video (H.264, etc.). Maybe not really needed as the phone seem to be able to decode 1080p just fine without it, but well, it's done and it's optional. By default not enabled.

Added under-clocking to GPU. Those who don't need GPU performance but want to save some battery may enable it. Not sure how much savings it will provide, maybe not a lot.

Added maximum screen-off frequency. The CPU will not go higher than selected limit when screen is off. If not enabled, this frequency is at the hands of the active governor. Some may limit it, some may not.

Added user app to control the kernel clocks. Look in Android Settings->Device->Advanced.

Watch for bugs.

Repo synced today.

Note: GPU and IVA overclocking frequencies are not replacing the default maximums, they are added to the table. This means that they are active only if there is real load on GPU / DSP, otherwise the scaler just doesn't use them.
    CM 10.2(Android 4.3) runs on our phones: